Trump calls for formation of Space Force

Form voltron !!!

You know . If you just throw “military” in front of your project , Trump will buy in.

“Military windmill farms ? Let’s do it !!”

He's taking the fight against climate change right to the enemy: atmospheric CO2!

jkjp_death_star_electronics_lab.jpg

Where are those sanctuary cities again?

"I oppose the creation of a new military service and additional organizational layers at a time when we are focused on reducing overhead and integrating joint warfighting functions" -- Secretary of Defense James "Mad Dog" Mattis, In an official letter to Senate and House Armed Services Committee Chairmen on 10/17/2017 regarding the idea of the formation of a "Space Corps".

I'll go with "Let's listen to the guy with the most experience" for $1000 Alex.

.. .and while we're at it, let's pull all of the Star Wars video's out of Donny's Netflix Watchlist, they're getting him all riled up again.

Yeah the Donald tends to go off the rails. A space rescue force out of the DOT would make a lot more sense and increased user's fees could finance it. Just like with the Coast Guard. A police force in space would be easy to sell and have a much better image.

I remember reports during Space Shuttle's missions that some included work on classified military applications. We need to do something to fill the void we've had since the end of the Shuttle program. My lack of knowledge on the matter prevents me from being an advocate for a Space Force, but it also prevents me from dismissing the possibility out-of-hand. Good topic and something I'll likely find interesting to follow to see exactly what Trump has in mind.

Classified Shuttle Missions: Secrets in Space.

The really weird part of the timing of this is that the United States is moving more and more towards private enterprise space programs.

What would be the mission of this 'space force'?

Forum List

Back