Russia wants to put a nuclear weapon in space. Congress has their hair on fire. Is it an EMP?

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Oh Shit, now what?

I'm thinking that if Russia puts a nuke up in space it could be an EMP.

Any other possibilities?

Maybe the new Space Force can do something?

Interesting as USSR and other countries have signed The Outer Space Treaty
back in 1967

a resolution prohibiting the introduction of weapons of mass destruction in outer space

Still if Russia breaks with this then the arm race will extend to outer space now. So does Russia really want this or is Russia blowing smoke out the ass because they want something?

Well nuclear power is expected to be the preferred way for space travel. So that treaty will probably be outdated as it may be hard to keep nuclear power from space exploration.

Then there is the issue of reentry from space using nuclear power. Well I guess it can't be as bad as any nuclear power that is generated on the surface or in submarines. You can look up and see it coming and pray to any GOD that will be listening.

Thread is silly because the whole point of SDI was for the US to put nukes into space.

{,,,
The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), nicknamed the "Star Wars program", was a proposed missile defense system intended to protect the United States from attack by ballistic strategic nuclear weapons (intercontinental ballistic missiles and submarine-launched ballistic missiles). The concept was announced on March 23, 1983, by President Ronald Reagan,[1] a vocal critic of the doctrine of mutually assured destruction (MAD), which he described as a "suicide pact". Reagan called upon American scientists and engineers to develop a system that would render nuclear weapons obsolete.[2] Elements of the program reemerged in 2019 with the Space Development Agency (SDA).[3]

The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) was set up in 1984 within the US Department of Defense to oversee development. A wide array of advanced weapon concepts, including lasers,[4][5] particle beam weapons, and ground and space-based missile systems were studied, along with various sensor, command and control, and high-performance computer systems that would be needed to control a system consisting of hundreds of combat centers and satellites spanning the entire globe and involved in a very short battle. The United States held a significant advantage in the field of comprehensive advanced missile defense systems through decades of extensive research and testing; a number of these concepts and obtained technologies and insights were transferred to subsequent programs.
...}

Claiming SDI was defensive was an obvious like since particle beams, lasers, etc., never were able to defend against incoming nukes.
So the reality is that SDI actually was about putting nukes into space. In theory they could be used as a nuclear ABM system, but in reality they were just a treat of retaliation.

{...
Physicists Hans Bethe and Richard Garwin, who worked with Edward Teller on both the atomic bomb and hydrogen bomb at Los Alamos, claimed a laser defense shield was unfeasible. They said that a defensive system was costly and difficult to build yet simple to destroy, and claimed that the Soviets could easily use thousands of decoys to overwhelm it during a nuclear attack. They believed that the only way to stop the threat of nuclear war was through diplomacy and dismissed the idea of a technical solution to the Cold War, saying that a defense shield could be viewed as threatening because it would limit or destroy Soviet offensive capabilities while leaving the American offense intact. In March 1984, Bethe coauthored a 106-page report for the Union of Concerned Scientists that concluded "the X-ray laser offers no prospect of being a useful component in a system for ballistic missile defense."[99]
...}

It was SDI that was illegal and tried to weaponize space.

Pee Wee Johnson said that there's nothing to worry about. He'll be changing his tune once he gets his marching orders from the MAL Ape who will defend his assbuddy Putin & then his hair will be on fire along with Ape's asseater's in the HOR & jerkoffs like Lyin Ted.

OK, so SDI isn't in play.

Russia/Putin never honored treaty commitments.

So what does the US do if Russia puts nukes in space?

What if they are positioned close to or above the US?

Pee Wee Johnson said that there's nothing to worry about. He'll be changing his tune once he gets his marching orders from the MAL Ape who will defend his assbuddy Putin & then his hair will be on fire along with Ape's asseater's in the HOR & jerkoffs like Lyin Ted.
Low-life post. Maybe you need to chat with your president? He has no clue where he is or who he is.

1707959951707.jpeg
Genocide Joe.

The USSF had a strategic and successful launch yesterday, so these demented LEFTIST zombies thought a good story of the OPPOSITE would be a good idea to stir up the muck.
That's ALL this BULLSHIT is.
:rolleyes:

Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

Whom specifically would this harm? And why would I individually be overly concerned?

Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

I think it's possible that the stress over the shut down of the Ukranian money laundry is beginning to show on the faces of the Congressional grifters. How will they buy their luxury cars? How will they finish their swimming pools? Take lavish vacations?

Whom specifically would this harm? And why would I individually be overly concerned?
If Russia set off an EMP in space above the US every electronic circuit would be fried.
No iPhones, no TV, no computers, how's that for a start?
Not to mention no ICBMs...

Last edited:
I think it's possible that the stress over the shut down of the Ukrainian money laundry is beginning to show on the faces of the Congressional grifters. How will they buy their luxury cars? How will they finish their swimming pools? Take lavish vacations?
Actually it was a Republican who sounded the alarm.
From the faces I've seen of congressmen who went into a SCIF to see the intelligence...its serious.

Last edited:
The nuke is designed to destroy other satellites.

But that's not good either as the Kessler effect is still physics and NOBODY will have ANY satellites anymore.

Yes....it's called space for a reason....because there's a lot of it. But just like dead puppies, dead Satellites are not fun either. ALL Communications will be dead, no more GPS, no more internet...no more a lot of things.

They need to not do this. EVERYONE agreed before that this is a weapon that destroys technology for everyone. Laws of physics have not changed....the ONLY thing that has changed is Russian imperialism.

Actually it was a Republican who sounded the alarm.
From the faces I've seen of congressmen who went into a skif to see the intelligence...its serious.
Yeah ..... Well it's nothing new. Civil engineers have been sounding the alarm for 20 years. A potent emp burst will shut down everything. Conventional power, Solar, Wind ...all of it. So keep that 1968 Dodge dart in good running condition. No electronics and a straight up generator with points and plugs.

Last edited:
Oh Shit, now what?

Any other possibilities?

What about MTG 's space lazers?

Yeah ..... Well it's nothing new. Civil engineers have been sounding the alarm for 20 years. A potent emp burst will shut down everything. Conventional power, Solar, Wind ...all of it. So keep that 1968 Dodge dart in good running condition. No electronics and a straight up generator with points and plugs.
Too high up....won't affect things on the ground.
But it will destroy ALL satellites.

Forum List

Back