Trump-$1.2 Billion In Core Business Losses

I have a degree, I didn’t vote for Trump or Hillary, looks like the educated didn’t fall for the Republican or Democratic Party.
Doesn’t change the fact my comment was correct. Hillary won the educated vote.

And like I said if you like trumps Supreme Court picks then you made the right decision. If you don’t then you fucked up.

Lol! And what I said doesn’t change the fact my comment was correct. Did you have a point?
Are you saying the educated vote went third party? Then you are wrong.

You’re educated and you voted third party doesn’t prove anything other than you clearly don’t get it.

If you like the judges trump is appointing then you’re a republican. Republicans love idiots who don’t vote or vote third party.

I didn’t say that, gg, give it up. Learn to comprehend what you read and then we can talk. I didn’t care about judges, I also thought Trump was going to lose big. Democrat love idiots who don’t vote or vote third party.
No we don’t. We’re always trying to get more people to vote. Republicans the opposite

You are so funny!

Bullshit AGAIN! They didn't start talking about "saving" jobs until they didn't create them! THEN they started using "jobs created or saved" as their go to stat because they didn't want to admit that they'd mishandled the stimulus so badly!
Lying con tool ... it was in their initial plan from before Obama was even president....

The Job impact of the American recovery and reinvestment plan

A key goal enunciated by the President-Elect concerning the American Recovery and Reinvestment
Plan is that it should save or create at least 3 million jobs by the end of 2010.​

Do you ever stop lying, ya lyin' con tool?

Ever??? :ack-1:

"We reach several key preliminary findings:
• A package in the range that the President-Elect has discussed is expected to create between three and four million jobs by the end of 2010.
• Tax cuts, especially temporary ones, and fiscal relief to the states are likely to create fewer jobs than direct increases in government purchases. However, because there is a limit on how much government investment can be carried out efficiently in a short time frame, and because tax cuts and state relief can be implemented quickly, they are crucial elements of any package aimed at easing economic distress quickly.
• Certain industries, such as construction and manufacturing, are likely to experience particularly strong job growth under a recovery package that includes an emphasis on infrastructure, energy, and school repair. But, the more general stimulative measures, such as a middle class tax cut and fiscal relief to the states, as well as the feedback effects of greater employment in key industries, mean that jobs are likely to be created in all sectors of the economy.
• More than 90 percent of the jobs created are likely to be in the private sector. Many of the government jobs are likely to be professionals whose jobs are saved from state and local budget cuts by state fiscal relief.
• A package is likely to create jobs paying a range of wages. It is also likely to move many workers from part-time to full-time work."

Yeah, they used that phrase once and then throughout the rest of their presentation they talked about the three to four MILLION jobs that they expected to CREATE by the end of 2010! So tell me why they STOPPED talking about the jobs that they CREATED, Faun and started exclusively talking about the jobs that they'd saved or created?
"Yeah, they used that phrase once..."

You said they didn't use it at all. And when I pointed out they did, you falsely claimed I was bullshitting, that they never used that term until after jobs didn't materialize.

You're a lying con tool who digs his hole deeper when caught, like you were here, rather than face reality.

They used that phrase once in the opening paragraph of their presentation and then spent the rest of the time talking about the three to four million jobs that they expected to CREATE by the end of 2010! Not create or save! CREATE!!! So tell me why that changed, Faun!

You know as well as I do WHY they started using "Jobs created or saved" as their go to stat! You just won't admit it because if you do you'll have to admit that their handling of the stimulus was so bad that they were trying desperately to save face by using a number that was completely made up.
Lying con tool, it doesn't matter if they used it once. You said they didn't use it at all until they failed to gain jobs, which is a lie. The truth is, they did speak of saving jobs before the results came in.

Not to mention, they talked about saving job more than once in that plan...

Many of the government jobs are likely to be professionals whose jobs are saved from state and local budget cuts by state fiscal relief.

You just can't stop lying, can you, ya lying con tool?

Only Republicans could make a cult leader out of the worst businessman in America. Three years in a row he was the worst businessman in America.
And Republicans see that as a success.

Republicans see beating Hillary as a success.
And they couldn’t even get the popular vote. That’s just sad.

Only Republicans could make a cult leader out of the worst businessman in America. Three years in a row he was the worst businessman in America.

You're right, Hillary is happy she only won the popular vote.

How did Hillary winning the popular vote work out for you? That's just sad.

Bullshit AGAIN! They didn't start talking about "saving" jobs until they didn't create them! THEN they started using "jobs created or saved" as their go to stat because they didn't want to admit that they'd mishandled the stimulus so badly!
Lying con tool ... it was in their initial plan from before Obama was even president....

A key goal enunciated by the President-Elect concerning the American Recovery and Reinvestment
Plan is that it should save or create at least 3 million jobs by the end of 2010.​

• A package in the range that the President-Elect has discussed is expected to create between three and four million jobs by the end of 2010.
• Tax cuts, especially temporary ones, and fiscal relief to the states are likely to create fewer jobs than direct increases in government purchases. However, because there is a limit on how much government investment can be carried out efficiently in a short time frame, and because tax cuts and state relief can be implemented quickly, they are crucial elements of any package aimed at easing economic distress quickly.
• Certain industries, such as construction and manufacturing, are likely to experience particularly strong job growth under a recovery package that includes an emphasis on infrastructure, energy, and school repair. But, the more general stimulative measures, such as a middle class tax cut and fiscal relief to the states, as well as the feedback effects of greater employment in key industries, mean that jobs are likely to be created in all sectors of the economy.
• More than 90 percent of the jobs created are likely to be in the private sector. Many of the government jobs are likely to be professionals whose jobs are saved from state and local budget cuts by state fiscal relief.
• A package is likely to create jobs paying a range of wages. It is also likely to move many workers from part-time to full-time work."

Yeah, they used that phrase once and then throughout the rest of their presentation they talked about the three to four MILLION jobs that they expected to CREATE by the end of 2010! So tell me why they STOPPED talking about the jobs that they CREATED, Faun and started exclusively talking about the jobs that they'd saved or created?

You said they didn't use it at all. And when I pointed out they did, you falsely claimed I was bullshitting, that they never used that term until after jobs didn't materialize.

You're a lying con tool who digs his hole deeper when caught, like you were here, rather than face reality.

They used that phrase once in the opening paragraph of their presentation and then spent the rest of the time talking about the three to four million jobs that they expected to CREATE by the end of 2010! Not create or save! CREATE!!! So tell me why that changed, Faun!

You know as well as I do WHY they started using "Jobs created or saved" as their go to stat! You just won't admit it because if you do you'll have to admit that their handling of the stimulus was so bad that they were trying desperately to save face by using a number that was completely made up.
Lying con tool, it doesn't matter if they used it once. You said they didn't use it at all until they failed to gain jobs, which is a lie. The truth is, they did speak of saving jobs before the results came in.

Many of the government jobs are likely to be professionals whose jobs are saved from state and local budget cuts by state fiscal relief.

Gee, Faun...how many times has the Trump Administration used the statistic "jobs created or saved"? Oh, that's right...THEY HAVEN'T HAD TO BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY CREATE JOBS!!!

NYT-trum-tax-graphic-e1557446158410.png

"We just got more information on President Donald Trump’s taxes, and what we’re seeing doesn’t paint a picture of a wildly successful business leader. In fact, quite the opposite: Trump lost more than $1 billion over the course of the decade in the 1980s and ’90s."

Trump lost $1 billion over 10 years, New York Times report shows

Last edited:

"We just got more information on President Donald Trump’s taxes, and what we’re seeing doesn’t paint a picture of a wildly successful business leader. In fact, quite the opposite: Trump lost more than $1 billion over the course of the decade in the 1980s and ’90s."

Interesting new angle of attack on Trump by you on the left, George Philip! I'm curious...does that in any way diminish the fact that he was able to turn his finances around and make a ton of money after that period of time...or diminish the fact that he's doing much better with the economy than Barack Obama and you progressives could have even dreamed of when Barry was in office?

Interesting new angle of attack on Trump by you on the left, George Philip! I'm curious...does that in any way diminish the fact that he was able to turn his finances around and make a ton of money after that period of time...or diminish the fact that he's doing much better with the economy than Barack Obama and you progressives could have even dreamed of when Barry was in office?
Interesting new angle of attack on Trump by you on the left, George Philip! I'm curious...does that in any way diminish the fact that he was able to turn his finances around and make a ton of money after that period of time
I suppose that would depend on where Trump found the money to "turn his finances around," at least to those who think money laundering poses a threat to national security.
TrumpRussianLaundromat.jpg

Following the money continues as Individual-1 says "I never did anything wrong"

Gee, Faun...how many times has the Trump Administration used the statistic "jobs created or saved"? Oh, that's right...THEY HAVEN'T HAD TO BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY CREATE JOBS!!!
Your non-sequitur does nothing to salvage the fact that you lied, and got caught lying, by falsely claiming that Obama never used that term until after jobs numbers came in.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

Call me a lying con tool...it's about all you've got at this point! LOL
It's pretty much all you do. It's who you are. I just exposed you again by proving you lied when you falsely claimed Obama didn't refer to jobs "saved" until after jobs numbers rolled in. Then I showed you he used it before becoming president and you lied again, saying he only used it once in that plan, when the truth is he referred to saving jobs twice in there.

Your non-sequitur does nothing to salvage the fact that you lied, and got caught lying, by falsely claiming that Obama never used that term until after jobs numbers came in.

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

You're so desperate to paint the Obama economy in a positive way that you've latched onto this whole "lying con tool" attack on anyone who points out how bad Barry was when it came to the economy! Instead of admitting that the Obama Administration DID use "jobs created or saved" to hide how few jobs they DID create with their nearly trillion dollar stimulus...you fixate on how many times someone used the term before it became their way to bullshit the American people!

You also ran away from my query about Trump ever using "jobs created or saved"...blustering about my lying again! Why is it, Faun that Barry needed to deceive like that...and Trump doesn't? Why is it, Faun that Barry needed the longest run of near zero interest rates by the Federal Reserve in our history to keep his economy from cratering...and Trump somehow manages to keep the economy growing and create jobs even though he's has to absorb six interest rate hikes from the Fed in two years?

The biggest purveyor of untruths on this board is you and it happens every time you try to excuse what happened to the economy during the Obama two terms! You credit Barry for things he had no part of...and you excuse him from the very obvious damage that his policies had on economic growth!

Interesting new angle of attack on Trump by you on the left, George Philip! I'm curious...does that in any way diminish the fact that he was able to turn his finances around and make a ton of money after that period of time
I suppose that would depend on where Trump found the money to "turn his finances around," at least to those who think money laundering poses a threat to national security.
TrumpRussianLaundromat.jpg

Following the money continues as Individual-1 says "I never did anything wrong"

So your response is a two year old attempt by MSNBC to smear Trump with allegations of money laundering? Did you not get the memo that charge against Trump was found to be baseless? Care to try again?

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

You're so desperate to paint the Obama economy in a positive way that you've latched onto this whole "lying con tool" attack on anyone who points out how bad Barry was when it came to the economy! Instead of admitting that the Obama Administration DID use "jobs created or saved" to hide how few jobs they DID create with their nearly trillion dollar stimulus...you fixate on how many times someone used the term before it became their way to bullshit the American people!

You also ran away from my query about Trump ever using "jobs created or saved"...blustering about my lying again! Why is it, Faun that Barry needed to deceive like that...and Trump doesn't? Why is it, Faun that Barry needed the longest run of near zero interest rates by the Federal Reserve in our history to keep his economy from cratering...and Trump somehow manages to keep the economy growing and create jobs even though he's has to absorb six interest rate hikes from the Fed in two years?
"you've latched onto this whole "lying con tool" attack on anyone who points out how bad Barry was when it came to the economy!"

And how does the lying con tool respond?

By lying again, of course.

No, ya lying con tool, I don't call everyone saying that about Obama a "lying con tool." In truth, you're the only one I call a "lying con tool" because that's exactly what you are. You demonstrate that all the time. You're just tweaked because I call you on it all the time.

G'head, tell me again how Obama didn't start talking about "saving" jobs until the jobs numbers came in, even though that term was used in his initial plan from before his stimulus even went into effect.

Do you ever stop lying, ya lying con tool?

Ever???

Do you ever stop lying?

Ever???

"you've latched onto this whole "lying con tool" attack on anyone who points out how bad Barry was when it came to the economy!"

And how does the lying con tool respond?

By lying again, of course.

No, ya lying con tool, I don't call everyone saying that about Obama a "lying con tool." In truth, you're the only one I call a "lying con tool" because that's exactly what you are. You demonstrate that all the time. You're just tweaked because I call you on it all the time.

G'head, tell me again how Obama didn't start talking about "saving" jobs until the jobs numbers came in, even though that term was used in his initial plan from before his stimulus even went into effect.

Do you ever stop lying, ya lying con tool?

Ever???

LOL...did you ever want to explain why Donald Trump has never had to use a phony statistic like "jobs created or saved"? Did you want to explain why it became Barry's "go to" statistic?

Nah, you'll just keep on ranting about me being a "lying con tool"...like THAT addresses the issue!

I think Summers and Romer were intelligent enough economists to be concerned about their little Keynesian stimulus that they threw that "jobs created and saved" into their projections just as an insurance policy! I think they had a good idea that spending the majority of the stimulus to keep the public sector working while millions of Americans in the private sector continued to lose their jobs wasn't going to grow the economy. I think the two of them ran back to the safety of their tenured posts at Harvard and Berkeley when their worst fears were realized!

Poor George Philip didn't have a response to me pointing out that his cited source was from two years ago...a smear job by MSNBC...and allegations that were never found to have any basis despite an intensive investigation by Bob Mueller! He gave me a "funny" and ran for the hills!

Forum List

Back