True Refuge

Dhara

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2015
Refuge. The meaning to me is "a safe place". What is your fall back position of coming home to yourself that keeps you on an even keel and prevents you being rattled, or allows you to recover when you're rattled?

For me, refuge is coming back repeatedly to a state of mind that is reliable. A place that is a secure, inspiring security, or sanctuary inside oneself that helps you self-regulate.

What are the memories, experiences or practices you do that help you come back to yourself, that are a true refuge for you.

What is wholesome, positive, useful and beneficial for you?

I am not self-analytical in that way. Cogito ergo sum. I am content within my ambitions.

The OP is clearly suffering from multiple personality syndrome.

I used to love fishing, but when I realized I didn't enjoy killing I saw what truly enjoyed was being near the water, being quiet, gazing with soft eyes.

I used to love fishing, but when I realized I didn't enjoy killing I saw what truly enjoyed was being near the water, being quiet, gazing with soft eyes.

You know, you have a real and valid point. We have some of the most beautiful rivers and lakes. I enjoyed just going down to the river and taking the boat out and seeing the beautiful scenery. I enjoyed seeing a mother duck leading her ducklings out onto the river, seeing the long-necked cranes, perhaps an alligator or two slipping silently through the water. Of course in the fall, the trees are full of color.

Finding refuge in the moment alllows you to not lose the joy in life moments to self-judgments, blaming others, the trance of worrying and checking things off the list.

"Anyone or anything that doesn't bring you alive is too small for you."

David Whyte

Forum List

Back