True Detective

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Started watching this HBO Show. Awesome!

Woody Harrelson and matthew mcconaughey

Who else likes it?

Hoe do they make Woody look so young?

Started watching this HBO Show. Awesome!

Woody Harrelson and matthew mcconaughey

Who else likes it?

Hoe do they make Woody look so young?

i watch it Frank....so far so good ...McConaugheys character is a little strange....Woody smokes a lot of Pot ....keeps you young....:eusa_angel:

I enjoyed the first couple episodes, though I wasn't sure where it was going. After last Sunday's episode (Feb 9th), I don't know where it's going and I don't care. Both detectives are degenerates with no redeeming characteristics.

Beware of programs where the stars are also the Executive Producers. They are likely to be explosions of uncontrolled ego.

It's awesome.

The characters are stu-fucking-pendous. Woody is like Joe Pecsi's Tommy deVito down in Louisiana. Matthew's Cohle is my favorite character since Frank Black from Millennium. You knew that Maggie and Cohle hooking up was the 2002 event that ripped them apart -- finally.

It's hard to tell where it will end (2 more shows, that's it 8 and out. Have to love the disciple it takes to build up characters and a story-line like this and then say goodbye to it all) Cohle is tracking all the missing persons apparently incorrectly listed as "Made in Error" so you know there's police involvement in the killings. Maybe Woody?

Have to give props to the makeup people who have the characters telling the stories from 2 points 17 years apart

true_detective_matthew_mcconaughey.jpg

trailer-true-detective-cb7.jpg

I thought I heard some talk about "Season 2," which threw me. I was under the impression that this was a mini-series.

I have continued to watch it. Good acting, interesting situations, well portrayed.

Still don't know what the fuck is going on.

I thought I heard some talk about "Season 2," which threw me. I was under the impression that this was a mini-series.

I have continued to watch it. Good acting, interesting situations, well portrayed.

Still don't know what the fuck is going on.

There's a Season Two but entirely new story and new characters. There's just 2 shows left in this one.

Clearly, Cohle put together that there's been a serial killer (s) working the whole time and there's someone on the police force that's been helping keep it silent. That's why all those "Made in Error" reports came up whenever he looked into previous Missing Persons

Woody's character is a bit of a psychopath, but I don't believe he's the Yellow King despite the clue leading us there e.g. Hart is another name for deer and when they're walking to Ledoux's place Hart mentions that he shot a "10 point buck"

"Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.
—"Cassilda's Song" in The King in Yellow Act 1, Scene 2

It's a great show character wise and acting wise. The plot though has been pretty simplistic thus far.

No...as in, not very profound or groundbreaking. Mystery is not akin to brilliance - anyone can hide an outcome it's just not hitting except for the acting.

Although I have trouble understanding what McConaughey's character is saying, and the nature of the character he's portraying is that of a homicidal psychopath, the impression I'm getting is he wears the white hat in this very strange but fast-moving trip through the bizarre ethos of the deep South. But the tale seems to be structured to end with a big surprise.

Bottom line is I'm enjoying it.

Although I have trouble understanding what McConaughey's character is saying, and the nature of the character he's portraying is that of a homicidal psychopath, the impression I'm getting is he wears the white hat in this very strange but fast-moving trip through the bizarre ethos of the deep South. But the tale seems to be structured to end with a big surprise.

Bottom line is I'm enjoying it.

Not really a psychopath, more-so an obsessive compulsive pseudo intellectual and his obsession is street justice.

Last edited:
I agree. I think the title to the series, 'True Detective' is a reference to the fact that being a detective (seeking out bad guys) was not just a job for these guys, it is what they are.

Forum List

Back