Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Amazon Prime)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Frances McDormand has long been a favorite actress of mine. And in this movie she really shines. She also gets to raise her voice louder than I've ever seen her do before.

And then there's Woody Harrelson. Time was, if I saw a movie had Woody Harrelson in it, I would give it a hard pass. I couldn't stand the guy.

But that opinion has changed. He has become a much improved actor with time.

This movie revolves around an angry mother's frustration with the lack of progress in the police investigation of her daughter's rape and murder. So she decides to call out the police chief with some billboards.

And that's only the beginning of how far her emotional pain takes her. She ends up going completely off the rails as the situation keeps escalating between her, the police chief, the other cops, the media, and the other townsfolk choosing sides.

This may be Woody Harrelson's best performance.

Really good stuff.

Great film , OP..

Elsewhere I have just mentioned a US mini series, Olive Kitteridge ( 2014) which is being aired on BBC , TV right now .

Stars Frances Mc Dormand . Brilliant performance and outstanding in every respect .
Reminded me how exceptionally talented this actress and producer is .
Cannot stop recommending it .

Last edited:
Frances McDormand has long been a favorite actress of mine. And in this movie she really shines. She also gets to raise her voice louder than I've ever seen her do before.

And then there's Woody Harrelson. Time was, if I saw a movie had Woody Harrelson in it, I would give it a hard pass. I couldn't stand the guy.

But that opinion has changed. He has become a much improved actor with time.

This movie revolves around an angry mother's frustration with the lack of progress in the police investigation of her daughter's rape and murder. So she decides to call out the police chief with some billboards.

And that's only the beginning of how far her emotional pain takes her. She ends up going completely off the rails as the situation keeps escalating between her, the police chief, the other cops, the media, and the other townsfolk choosing sides.

This may be Woody Harrelson's best performance.

Really good stuff.

Woody's a good actor.

Great film , OP..

Elsewhere I have just mentioned a US mini series, Olive Kitteridge ( 2014) which is being aired on BBC , TV right now .

Stars Frances Mc Dormand . Brilliant performance and outstanding in every respect .
Reminded me how exceptionally talented this actress and producer is .
Cannot stop recommending it .
Thank you. I have never heard of that show. I've added it to my queue.

Forum List

Back