Troops to stay at Mexican border through September

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Troops sent to the Mexican border as reinforcements against the migrant caravans late last year will stay nine more months, according to the Pentagon, which announced their mission will shift toward surveillance.

Active duty and National Guard units previously tasked with barrier construction, maintenance, and helping border patrol agents will transition to conducting surveillance, though some will continue reinforcing the border with concertina wire. Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan approved nine more months of Department of Defense assistance to the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees all border operations and initially sent for the troops at the start of the current migrant crisis.

“DoD is transitioning its support at the southwestern border from hardening ports of entry to mobile surveillance and detection, as well as concertina wire emplacement between ports of entry. DoD will continue to provide aviation support,” the Pentagon said in a statement.

About 4,500 US troops were sent to the southern border in October to secure entry points, as thousands of Central American migrants journeyed north from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, hoping to gain asylum in the US.

The stalemate between President Trump and Democratic Party leadership over funding for Trump's promised border wall has led to the longest government shutdown in US history.

Troops to stay at Mexican border through September – Pentagon

I actually have a better idea. Instead of a fence or a wall and wasting our troops time at our expense, I say we dig a canal all the way west from the Rio Grande river and fill it up with alligators.

It would be a win- win ...keep the illegals out and provide some much-needed irrigation for the southwest since Lake Mead and the Colorado river are beginning to show signs of drying up.
690.jpg

All the libstain liars said it was all a stunt and the troops would be brought home right after the elections.

They have another huge caravan coming from South America so those fences and troops will be needed.

Hope the Mexican Army is waiting for those assholes at their Southern border and send them back. Or shoot them. Whichever works.

They have another huge caravan coming from South America so those fences and troops will be needed.

Hope the Mexican Army is waiting for those assholes at their Southern border and send them back. Or shoot them. Whichever works.
I'd be surprised at that. I think Mexico is helping them.

Troops sent to the Mexican border as reinforcements against the migrant caravans late last year will stay nine more months, according to the Pentagon, which announced their mission will shift toward surveillance.

Active duty and National Guard units previously tasked with barrier construction, maintenance, and helping border patrol agents will transition to conducting surveillance, though some will continue reinforcing the border with concertina wire. Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan approved nine more months of Department of Defense assistance to the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees all border operations and initially sent for the troops at the start of the current migrant crisis.

“DoD is transitioning its support at the southwestern border from hardening ports of entry to mobile surveillance and detection, as well as concertina wire emplacement between ports of entry. DoD will continue to provide aviation support,” the Pentagon said in a statement.

About 4,500 US troops were sent to the southern border in October to secure entry points, as thousands of Central American migrants journeyed north from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala, hoping to gain asylum in the US.

The stalemate between President Trump and Democratic Party leadership over funding for Trump's promised border wall has led to the longest government shutdown in US history.

I actually have a better idea. Instead of a fence or a wall and wasting our troops time at our expense, I say we dig a canal all the way west from the Rio Grande river and fill it up with alligators.

It would be a win- win ...keep the illegals out and provide some much-needed irrigation for the southwest since Lake Mead and the Colorado river are beginning to show signs of drying up.
View attachment 240317
Of course. They are getting paid while Border Patrol agents are not.

I doubt it. Those assholes trashed Tijuana and I'd bet the Mexican citizens don't want them in Mexico at all.

View attachment 240317
Of course. They are getting paid while Border Patrol agents are not.
If only you could prove anything you claim.

I doubt it. Those assholes trashed Tijuana and I'd bet the Mexican citizens don't want them in Mexico at all.
That's true but the ruling elite in Mexico are much like our ruling elite: they don't give a damn about what the people want, only what they want.

Already been happening...
Keep Out! How the U.S. Is Militarizing Mexico’s Southern Border
Thanks and that's good if it's true, but the problem I have is trusting anything the media claims.

Keep Out! How the U.S. Is Militarizing Mexico’s Southern Border
Thanks and that's good if it's true, but the problem I have is trusting anything the media claims.
That's actually a really good, long article I would recommend reading.
“The need to use different, more hidden routes is having a disastrous effect on migrants, and making the journey more dangerous,” said Lacruz. “Both women and men face the threat of sexual violence, extortions, and even being disappeared. This is a direct result of the militarization of the region.”

View attachment 240317
/----/ Do alligators eat Mexican or do they prefer take out Chinese?
iu

View attachment 240317
Wasting the military’s time and withholding payment for border patrol agents. MAGA!

View attachment 240317
Wasting the military’s time and withholding payment for border patrol agents. MAGA!
/----/ Protecting or borders is a waste of the military's time? Explain.

View attachment 240317
They are not doing anything. At least before they were laying barbed wire around.

Wrong-
At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the Pentagon agreed to provide personnel to operate security cameras and to lay about 240 kilometres of concertina wire between official ports of entry, officials said.

The military also will continue to fly aircraft in support of Customs and Border Protection personnel.

"DOD is transitioning its support at the southwestern border from hardening ports of entry to mobile surveillance and detection, as well as concertina wire emplacement between ports of entry," the Pentagon said in a statement.
US military has agreed to extended role on Mexico border mission: Pentagon

View attachment 240317
They are not doing anything. At least before they were laying barbed wire around.

Forum List

Back