Trains

[QUOTE="froggy, post: 17666798, member: 20527"[/QUOTE]
I don't see any romanticism of the rails in Denver's light rail debacle. And it cost 9 bucks to get on, and hobos won't be sneakin' rides on them, although they will by run over or passed by in their tents and homeless camps near by.

[QUOTE="froggy, post: 17666798, member: 20527"
I don't see any romanticism of the rails in Denver's light rail debacle. And it cost 9 bucks to get on, and hobos won't be sneakin' rides on them, although they will by run over or passed by in their tents and homeless camps near by.[/QUOTE]
Give us some pics or vids of the train.

[QUOTE="froggy, post: 17666798, member: 20527"
I don't see any romanticism of the rails in Denver's light rail debacle. And it cost 9 bucks to get on, and hobos won't be sneakin' rides on them, although they will by run over or passed by in their tents and homeless camps near by.
Give us some pics or vids of the train.[/QUOTE]
I will see what I can do. I DO like trains. Never been on one, but I a have seen the UP Big boy 8444 rolling by into Union Station, and that was awesome. But I am bringing up something else here about trains, that's my focus.
Denver's light rail trains are just glorified electric trolleys, and they move at over 45 miles an hour, and Denver should have built the A line as elevated or in a different location. And this was my point. Perhaps a tad off topic.

Sometimes the best "train music" are made by the trains themselves. Here is the N&W J-class 4-8-4 #611, The Cavalier, crossing Opossum Creek, Virginia, on the high trestle. No annoying people talking or children screaming. Just the sound of steam and steel pounding down the line:

It's amazing all the metaphors and deeper meanings these song hold. It blows me away. That's what art is supposed to do.

apologize if this has been posted...he is the Master.....he is...oh my....how I like Jimy Hendrix!

Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin'

Forum List

Back