Traffic warnings

Diuretic

Permanently confused
Apr 26, 2006
South Australia est 1836
I listen to a national news service on radio every morning. They give traffic reports in each of our major cities (there aren't many of them so the report only takes a couple of minutes). But I crack up every time I hear the traffic bloke warning motorists in the suburbs about a kangaroo on the lose and to be careful in case they prang it. A report just a minute ago warned motorists in my city about a roo bouncing around in a district about 7 or 8 kilometres from the downtown district.

I'd better get my boots on now, find my hat, got to wander outside and catch the horse and hop in the saddle and head off to work. I won't be bringing the cattle dog today, I'm giving him the day off, besides he keeps chasing those roos bouncing around the place and gets fatigued.

Oh and the dust....dreadful....might have to pop into the pub on the way to work for a few.

:lol:

I listen to a national news service on radio every morning. They give traffic reports in each of our major cities (there aren't many of them so the report only takes a couple of minutes). But I crack up every time I hear the traffic bloke warning motorists in the suburbs about a kangaroo on the lose and to be careful in case they prang it. A report just a minute ago warned motorists in my city about a roo bouncing around in a district about 7 or 8 kilometres from the downtown district.

I'd better get my boots on now, find my hat, got to wander outside and catch the horse and hop in the saddle and head off to work. I won't be bringing the cattle dog today, I'm giving him the day off, besides he keeps chasing those roos bouncing around the place and gets fatigued.

Oh and the dust....dreadful....might have to pop into the pub on the way to work for a few.

Hilarious! WE just just have a problem with moose here! or Pitbulls!

D-how dry is it there?

Bloody dry it is. We're losing our major river system, the Murray-Darling. We've got whole regions of the country on water restrictions that severely limit them from doing too much with their gardens (one place is only allow householders to use grey water on their plants). It's not good.

And we need water to make beer...that's the scary bit :eek:

No shit?

Wow, I want to work for you, dude.

I can't ride a horse or round up cattle, but I can play the harmonica!

Hilarious! WE just just have a problem with moose here! or Pitbulls!

same here, we have wondering moose alerts sometimes....i don't think anyone can really appreciate the size of those suckers, until they have seen the moose in person!

You've got the most venomous animals of anywhere in the world, acccording to my eleven-year old. Also scary!

Indeed we do, but thankfully most of them are very shy (eg the Inland Taipan, most venomous land snake in the world). There are some snakes that are aggressive and will chase you but unless you're in water they're not really a bother. But we have no large predators like bears. The only predator we have is the dingo but they're shy of humans too, except where they've been fed by humans such as in national park campsites, then they will attack but out in the bush I've seen them heaps of time and they see you and just trot away.

Bears? The thought of camping and coming across a bear is a real worry for me, it really is.

Forum List

Back