Traditional American Value?

The Republican Party has advertised itself as the party of traditional values. Given the news story out of Arizona, linked below, I wonder how many approve of this type of political shenangian. I find it wholly un-American, though given Bush v. Gore I suppose this is our future.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/07/us/politics/07candidates.html

Great reporting! The NewGOP is still infected with scumbags. We republicans have been suffering this disease for the last 40 years. As long as the current leadership is in place there will be no truth or honor but there WILL be plenty of work for pieces of shit like Scott May.

• Banned
Dirty political tricks?????? Say it isn't so.

Dick Nixon did (say is wasn't so. It was). Dick Tuck on the other hand engaged in shenanigans too, but his were in the great American tradition. I'm not sure salting a ticket is of the same kind.
Politics is a contact sport, and isn't winning the only thing that matters? Governance is for geeks and they seem disinclined to engage in zero sum games.

I don't see how that helps the Reps. When it's realized the people aren't legitimate candidates, most Green Party voters either stay home or vote Dem. Either way it doesn't get the Reps any more votes.

The Republican Party has advertised itself as the party of traditional values. Given the news story out of Arizona, linked below, I wonder how many approve of this type of political shenangian. I find it wholly un-American, though given Bush v. Gore I suppose this is our future.

I guess the Repub didn't get the memo that dirty political tricks are reserved exclusively for the Democrat party. I'm sure when he gets schooled up he'll apologize.

Let's see if the Dems can do what the Republicans do and win despite the dirty tricks. I'm thinking not. The only thing i find curious is why this guy is expending all this extra effort in a year he doesn't need to and in a place he doesn't need to.

I don't see how that helps the Reps. When it's realized the people aren't legitimate candidates, most Green Party voters either stay home or vote Dem. Either way it doesn't get the Reps any more votes.

Not thinking on your feet sparky! The aim is to split the dem votes.

How would that work? Why would someone who regularly votes Dem, suddenly vote for an unknown and unsubstantial Green? Sounds like the Reps weren't thinking on their feet and now they're going to have to pay the price.

I guess the Repub didn't get the memo that dirty political tricks are reserved exclusively for the Democrat party. I'm sure when he gets schooled up he'll apologize.

Let's see if the Dems can do what the Republicans do and win despite the dirty tricks. I'm thinking not. The only thing i find curious is why this guy is expending all this extra effort in a year he doesn't need to and in a place he doesn't need to.

But aren't "dirty tricks" the stock-in-trade of the Republic party? Nixon, Atwater, Rove to name a few. Who do the Dems have that are THAT league?!?!

But aren't "dirty tricks" the stock-in-trade of the Republic party? Nixon, Atwater, Rove to name a few. Who do the Dems have that are THAT league?!?!

Well...you are right sort of... The NewGOP is a tight knit group and acts/reacts in lock step. They cannot see the DEms for what they are which is a hodge podge of many factions. It is impossible to split the dems because they are all over the map politically. The trick to beating dems is to be honest and have a clear message that resonates with the average American. The NewGOP just doesn't get it and never will.

The D's may not need to engage such tactics, the R's have fractured into ad hoc factions, many of the single issue flavor. Moderate R's are being attacked by Jacobins (nee, conservatives/or the "new Republicans) Tea flavor, and the Social Conservatives (sour grape flavor) and a wide assortment of strange bedfellows.
I wonder, if these factions actually became a force in Congress, what would happen? I imagine fist fights as we've seen in other nations and total gridlock - gee we would become Iraq.

Forum List

Back