Tracy Chapman wins Song Of The Year at CMA for "Fast Car".

It was a decent song.....How it passes for "country" I don't have a clue. :dunno:

It was popular when I could still wear a medium shirt. I don’t understand why it’s an issue now. Shit will we see the Mozart win a Grammy for Best New Artist next? Was this awarded to shut people up over some made up controversy I have ignored?

I've never heard it but a high school friend of mine won as producer for album of the year.

Jay Joyce.

Not a "country" song but it was sung by a country singer.

Luke obviously was a fan of the song but Tracy gets as much attention because it was her song. It's a win-win.

Me too

I never heard of tracy chapman or a song called “fast cars”

I suspect I havent missed much

What year were you born?

Great music stands the test of time, obviously this one has.

“I just recorded it because I love this song so much,” he said. “It’s meant so much to me throughout my entire life.”

The original version of the song reached No. 6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart in 1988. It won Chapman three Grammy Award nominations in 1989, including for song of the year. She won for best female pop vocalist.

Where are all the Woke panty bunchers who squealed RACISM when Luke Combs had a smash hit covering Fast Car? LOL Tracy Chapman has never been more rich or famous for her great song.

That song is about 30 years old, isn't it?

Forum List

Back