TP: Hispanic Evangelicals Threaten To Abandon Republicans Over Immigration

The problem republicans have with Hispanics is not immigration. It's the contempt and disrespect they regularly display against Hispanic culture.

AND the fact that in their scorn for illegal immigrants, a scorn that I share, btw, they lump ALL Latinos into the "illegal" category and make no distinction between illegal immigrants and Latinos who are 1st, 2nd 3rd, maybe 4th generation US-American citizens.

This is what separates Republicans from Democrats on this issue.

Democratic operative threatens to split Christians from the gop by blogging Hispanic evagicles

And Jeb Bush (R-FL) has spoken to those Latino Evangelicals:

Jeb Bush courts Hispanic evangelicals in Texas - CNNPolitics.com

With his parents sitting in the front row, Jeb Bush addressed an audience of Hispanic evangelicals on Wednesday, calling for policies that would let undocumented immigrants "come out from the shadows."

The values-heavy address at the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference in Houston focused on the importance of the family unit and pushed for an America that's more engaged in the world. The former Florida governor also used his speech to criticize President Barack Obama for not fighting hard enough to protect Christians who are facing attacks overseas.

In his likely presidential campaign, Bush is poised to compete heavily for Hispanic voters, thanks in part to his fluency in Spanish and his assimilation into the Hispanic community. His wife is from Mexico and he frequently talks about his bicultural family...

...An advocate for legal status for undocumented immigrants, Bush has come under fire from conservatives for appearing too lenient on the issue. The former governor has also been an advocate for more legal immigration, while his closest rival in the race, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, has started calling for tighter restrictions on legal immigration.

Bush said the immigration system needs to be fixed by controlling the borders, but he also called for dealing with the estimated 11 million undocumented workers already in the country.

"Eleven million people that should come out from the shadows and receive earned legal status -- where they pay a fine, where they work, where they do what they want to do, which is come out from the shadows, work, provide for their families, not receive government assistance, and over a period of time be able to receive earned legal status," he said.

So, Jeb Bush is advocating for exactly the same kind of immigration reform that President Obama has been proposing. EXACTLY.

Which is why he won't be the nominee. Did you learn nothing from Rubio?

At this point in time, I would make no automatic assumptions as to who is going to be the GOP nominee. It was a polling pig-fuck for the GOP all the way into February of 2012 last time around, and it looks very much like this field is going to be even more crowded.

The problem republicans have with Hispanics is not immigration. It's the contempt and disrespect they regularly display against Hispanic culture.
And they exhibit their contempt and disrespect for Hispanic culture by opposing immigration reform, perceived by many on the right as turning American 'more brown,' and 'more Spanish,' where there will be more 'foreigners' refusing to 'assimilate.'
Hillary Will Fix It!

Indeed.

I am glad to see that you are coming around.

How are the conditions in FEMA re-education camp VIII-B?

:D

Republicans hate Hispanics.

Forks? Hillary will get about 85% of the Hispanic vote as the GOP forks over any semblance of trying to appear less crayz than they did in 2012

Yepp. I have been predicting 80%, assuming a massive rise in the female vote for her, anyway. This takes New Mexico and Nevada definitely off the table, right there.

So, the OP's conclusion is that if Republicans aren't Democrats then they won't get the votes of Hispanic Evangelicals, whom are apparently told whom to vote for by their religious leaders?
You think non-hispanic evangelicals don't tell their flocks how to vote?

I think it's a trumped up issue first and foremost. The states where this may be happening are gonna be red at the end of the day. I also think that people like you believe whatever is most convenient for you.

The funny thing is that many of the left are also Christians, yet the far left bashes Christians as one large group..

This is very true. The term Religious Right is designed to make it sound like it's a group think scenario; when frankly there are a diversity of opinions within the religious communities; and most the opinions are based upon good morals as well. Yet, leave it to the left to demonize whomever.

Who is demonizing it?

It is the Latino Evangelicals from a CONSERVATIVE organization who laid down the gauntlet to GOP candidates, not the Lefties here in USMB.

See how that works?

:D

This isna fa
And they exhibit their contempt and disrespect for Hispanic culture by opposing immigration reform, perceived by many on the right as turning American 'more brown,' and 'more Spanish,' where there will be more 'foreigners' refusing to 'assimilate.'
This is a falicy, i dont want to stop immigration because itd turn this country more brown but becausr we dont need more low wage earners competing for jobs. It is inevitabls via mixed marriages that the white man will become extinct Even with 0 immigration that doesnt bother me one bit. Paying my rent without living my life at work is the objective.

Forum List

Back