Toys (Consumerism): A Tradition Argument

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a consumerism-era parable inspired by Toys.

Cheers,

eagle.jpg

====

"A Turkish princess named Ana realized her father-in-law was very very cruel. Her father in law, King Ali, made secret emotionally-abusive remarks to her, so Ana told her husband (Prince Mica), son of Ali. Mica was very disturbed by this revelation but was very intimidated by his father and wanted to inherit what his father was to bestow upon him, so Mica resolved to outwit his father without insulting him so as to be able to acquire the proper inheritances without 'making waves' in the kingdom. Mica decided to go on a 'sabbatical' and asked his mother (Queen Aliyah) to take care of Ana while he was away (and his mother promised she would do just that!)."

d1.jpg

"Mica decided to travel West (to America). The year was 1982. Mica found a special inventor (named Thomas) in America who was using toy building-blocks (called 'LEGOs') to construct fantastic imaginary models of giant 'alien-cities' modelled in part from the 'futuristic vision' of Ridley Scott's new groundbreaking 'sci-f horror' film Alien (starring Sigourney Weaver). Thomas explained to Mica that his LEGO alien-cities symbolized a modern civilization fascination with constructing models of 'alternative intelligence.' Mica took photos of Thomas's alien-city models and took them back to his father's castle in Turkey!"

d2.jpg

"Mica was a devout follower of Lord Shiva (Hindu god of destruction), even though his parents raised him as a Muslim (albeit Mica read and respected the Muslim Koran). Mica decided to pray to Lord Shiva to ask him for advice on how to present his LEGO alien-city model photos to his father (King Ali) to resolve that troubling matter between the king and Mica's wife, the Princess Ana. Mica also acquired a special fascination with comic books during his travels in America and wanted to ask Lord Shiva what the god thought of the fictional Marvel Comics 'superheroine' Spider-Woman (real name: Jessica Drew), a fantastic costume-wearing heroine who exhibited extra-human agility, telekinetic powers, and the ability to spin devastatingly trapping giant cobweb nets(!). Mica wanted to know if Shiva thought Spider-Woman was some kind of 'pro-feminism' charm (or 'avatar') he could use to help his wife Ana get out of the 'tangle' with King Ali!"

d5.jpg

MICA: What should I do about Ana/Ali?
SHIVA: It's a serious problem, Mica...
SPIDER-WOMAN: Perhaps we can help you!

MICA: Why am I hearing your voice...Spider-Woman?
SHIVA: Jessica is a deity-friend of mine who advises me!
SPIDER-WOMAN: Wow, so you didn't know Shiva had a 'girlfriend.'

MICA: I'm humbled, honestly, but yes, perhaps you both can help!
SHIVA: It would be our pleasure.
SPIDER-WOMAN: What is your concern, Prince Mica?

MICA: My father (King Ali) is cruel to my wife (Princess Ana).
SHIVA: I see, and you're powerless, since you await your inheritance.
SPIDER-WOMAN: You don't want 'waves' so you and Ana can inherit a fortune!

MICA: That's correct! I don't want to challenge tradition/obedience.
SHIVA: Yet, you worry for the emotional welfare (and dignity) of Ana.
SPIDER-WOMAN: How terrible!

MICA: Yes! So what should I do? I have these alien-city model photos.
SHIVA: Take your city-model photos and tell Ali they symbolize 'expanding traditions.'
SPIDER-WOMAN: Your father (the king) will be impressed by images of science-fiction!

MICA: Are you suggesting that science-fiction resolves debates about evolution?
SHIVA: Yes! Fathers and sons may come to terms regarding the 'progression' of customs.
SPIDER-WOMAN: That's what Star Trek presents; perhaps consumerism/media is patriotism!

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back