Toyota Is 'Most-American' Brand

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Latest Survey Shows Toyota Is 'Most-American' Brand - DailyFinance

Ford Motor's (F) popular F-150 pickup truck, for example, contains so many foreign-sourced parts that it failed to make Cars.com's top rankings of its American-Made Cars index for 2010. Meanwhile, Japan's Toyota Motor (TM), had more models on the list than other manufacturer, taking three of the top 10 slots.

Just 55% of the parts used to manufacture the 2010 model of the venerable F-150 come from domestic sources, the online car-buying guide says. In past years, the F-150 has held steady with around 80% domestic content. The 2009 redesign reduced that amount to a still-respectable 75% rating. Other Ford models did make the list, however: The Escape SUV and Focus compact took third and fourth, respectively.

Cars.com 2010 American-Made Index

Rank Make/Model (U.S. Assembly Location) 2009 Rank
1. Toyota Camry (Georgetown, Ky., and Lafayette, Ind.) 1
2. Honda Accord (Marysville, Ohio, and Lincoln, Ala.) --
3. Ford Escape (Kansas City, Mo.) --
4. Ford Focus (Wayne, Mich.) --
5. Chevrolet Malibu (Kansas City, Kan.) 3
6. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, Ala.) 4
7. Ram 1500* (Warren, Mich.) --
8. Toyota Tundra (San Antonio) 7
9. Jeep Wrangler (Toledo, Ohio) --
10. Toyota Sienna (Princeton, Ind.) 6

My 10 year old Toyota Solara was also built in Georgetown, KY (technically it's a Camry-Solara) and runs like a champ. That's with just regular maintenance plus four new tires two years ago.

Take THAT Government Motors! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvPvfVOUV8]YouTube - Best Death Scene Ever[/ame]

Sad list for this patriot. We are being reduced to the level of the Dole employees in the banana republics of old. Can't wait to send my child to work for his Japanese overlords.

At least I like the Japanese.

As far as Toyota reliability, have fun towing with the rusted frames on your pick-ups. Perhaps they got thinga together for their 15k Solara Cressidas.

Also, which was more crud, a 1986 Chevy Nova, Geo Prism or Toyota Corolla? Warning, it is a trick question.

Finally, admit it is big government we have to thank for the lower end Toyotas being made in the United States. If i recall there was a "voluntary" limit set to units a single company could import in the 80s. Guess regulation sorta worked

Forum List

Back