Toyota halts sales of 8 recalled.....le models..

Everyone in my family except my parents drive a Toyota or a Lexus. :eek:
We are all going to die, well except me. :D( see first post)

9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Toyota halts U.S. sales of Camry, 7 other models

The announcement follows a larger recall months earlier of 4.2 million vehicles because of problems with gas pedals becoming trapped under floor mats, causing sudden acceleration. That problem was the cause of several crashes, including some fatalities.

About 1.7 million vehicles fall under both recalls.

---

Damn... Things are Tough are Over...

By the way, the Part in Question is Apparently from a US Supplier...

This is why I Drive Hondas.

:)

peace...

Well. I give Toyota credit for going all out, all up front, about the problem, and am sure they'll sort it out.
They have a great product.
When I escaped the Evil Empire my Camry was still like new. 180,000 miles.
The D.I.L. still has it ! It must have over 300K now.
My 73 has 460,000 miles on it. I just had to rebuilt the injection pump. $22.
My 77 has 245,000 and still has the original water pump and radiator cap.
Both get nearly 30 mpg.
Diesel BJ40 Land Cruisers.

The dealer network has to be pleased about this. Toyota has known about the problem for months, yet no solution. My guess is they do know what to do, but the prospect of a $1,500 bill per car is hard to swallow. Engineering failure, quality control failure and corporate response failure.

:lol: I'm sure you knew this was going to happen! ;)

Considering their Cost Cutting Focus instead of Quality Focus as it was before, yes... ;)

This isn't the First of their Issues... Just the Worst.

Beating the Big 3 Comes with a Price...

peace...

Well then you should be happy HOnda is the number one car company in the US in terms of sales. I drive a Toyota now, but I am an Acura Girl at heart. ;)

By the way, the Part in Question is Apparently from a US Supplier...

peace...

DOH!!!

A vast network of capable parts suppliers – who Honda considers its partners – makes being a self-sufficient North American vehicle producer possible. Honda builds its own engines, transmissions and major parts, such as the outside steel skin and instrument panels, at its plants in the United States. But its 624 North American suppliers (more than 540 of them in the U.S. and 162 in Ohio) make the remainder of the vehicles' 10,000 parts.

link

-TSO

Forum List

Back