Toyota halts sales of 8 recalled.....le models..

washingtonpost.com

:( Any of you folks drive a Toyota? Read this and see what's going to happen.

I drive a Toyota.

If the accelerator sticks, I plan to just pop it into neutral, put both of my feet on the brake and push down, and yank on the emergency brake at the same time.

No big whoop!

The driver killed in San Diego (with 3 passengers) was a cop...do you think he didn't try that? Witnesses say the brakes were on fire.

From what I understand of the issue, they don't know exactly what is wrong. The gas pedal is attached to a sensor which the computer reads and translates to fuel flow. They have to identify the part which has the problem first. One thing is for sure, every single vehicle will need to be fixed. Even if they find it quickly, getting parts and installing them will take a while. The damage done it Toyota profits, reputation and dealer networks is huge. Hopefully injuries are minimal to nonexistent.

If I'm going to die in a fiery high-speed out of control crash, I figure I may as well go out in style.
Been thinking of swapping out the rims. What do you think?

Original:

avalon2.jpg

New:

Avalon.jpg

While I understand the appeal of foreign cars, a long time ago I decided if we do not support our own nation's economic base we help make ourselves and our grandchildren a little poorer. I was glad to hear Toyota had problems. Our GM cars have served us well.

Buy American - support all Americans, including yourself.

Buy American and Thumbs up!

Buy American - Support Yourself – Political Pass
Thumbs up Day – Political Pass

Many Toyotas are made right here in America.

I love my toyota truck, never once have I had a mechanical issue with my toyotas in 10 years. Not once.

If I ever do buy American, its going to be one of those new Camaros, but it won't be for its reliability :lol:.

Forum List

Back