Town In Italy Switches To Silent Fireworks To Reduce Anxiety In Animals

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Aniyuawiya
"If youā€™re a dog parent, thereā€™s probably one thing you dread about holidays like New Yearā€™s Eve or the Fourth of July. Fireworks scare dogs.

Imagine you have no idea what fireworks are. Suddenly you see bright lights and hear explosions coming from the sky. Youā€™d be pretty terrified, too.
Fireworks can wreak havoc on animals, and vet visits skyrocket around holidays where fireworks are common. Dogs, with their sensitive hearing, are especially vulnerable, and many hurt themselves trying to escape or hide. They can run and risk getting lost or hit by cars.
One town in Italy is taking a big step to reduce the fear of fireworks in their non-human population. The local government of Collecchio made a law that fireworks in their town must be silent.
Itā€™s a way of reducing the stress that the loud noises cause to animals ā€” not just pets, but wildlife, as well. Thereā€™s a company called Setti Fireworks that makes these silent explosives and can customize them for each event."

This is a great idea. Every dog owner I know hates the fact that fireworks upsets their pets so.

"If youā€™re a dog parent, thereā€™s probably one thing you dread about holidays like New Yearā€™s Eve or the Fourth of July. Fireworks scare dogs.

Imagine you have no idea what fireworks are. Suddenly you see bright lights and hear explosions coming from the sky. Youā€™d be pretty terrified, too.
Fireworks can wreak havoc on animals, and vet visits skyrocket around holidays where fireworks are common. Dogs, with their sensitive hearing, are especially vulnerable, and many hurt themselves trying to escape or hide. They can run and risk getting lost or hit by cars.
One town in Italy is taking a big step to reduce the fear of fireworks in their non-human population. The local government of Collecchio made a law that fireworks in their town must be silent.
Itā€™s a way of reducing the stress that the loud noises cause to animals ā€” not just pets, but wildlife, as well. Thereā€™s a company called Setti Fireworks that makes these silent explosives and can customize them for each event."

This is a great idea. Every dog owner I know hates the fact that fireworks upsets their pets so.

Well frankly, here is the problem. The problem is in the term "Dog parent".

As stupid an idea as Jazz hands.
Funny as many hunting dogs do just fine as they are trained to get used to loud noises coming from a gun.
Get a real dog, not a pocket pet.

The day dogs barking don't keep me up at night, or wake me up in the morning?

I will support this.

Not a day before.

iu

When will the state started MANDATING instead of banning gun silencers? Aren't mutts who live in urban heck holes like Chicago being freaked out by the constant sound of gunfire in their towns?

The problem is in the term "Dog parent".
Why is that a problem?

Because if you think you are parenting a dog, you think things like neighbors should not let off fireworks because the dog you are "parenting" is afraid.

It's good to take good care of your pet and enjoy your pet. When you cross over into parenting, to where your neighbors should not enjoy the 4th of July because Rover is scared....no

When will the state started MANDATING instead of banning gun silencers? Aren't mutts who live in urban heck holes like Chicago being freaked out by the constant sound of gunfire in their towns?
:offtopic:

The problem is in the term "Dog parent".
Why is that a problem?

Because if you think you are parenting a dog, you think things like neighbors should not let off fireworks because the dog you are "parenting" is afraid.

It's good to take good care of your pet and enjoy your pet. When you cross over into parenting, to where your neighbors should not enjoy the 4th of July because Rover is scared....no
The term dog parent makes perfect sense.
Feed a child-feed a dog.
Bathe a child-bathe a dog
Take a child to the doctor-take a dog to the vet.

These responses are pretty much what I expected.

I agree, but not in the way you think. Caring for animals more than for people has long been a sign for what a downward trajectory we are on, as a society.
This thread is not about people. It's about caring for your dog and not wanting them to be traumatized by the loud sounds of fireworks.

Forum List

Back