Town halls gone wild

JUST WHAT KIND OF A DUMBASS ARE YOU????

You post two links to Media Matters???? That discredited piece of shit site? It's lucky the IRS hasn't shut them down for violating their 501 (c)(3) status. As they say in Jamaica, "Soon come, mon"

And then you top that off with a link to a comedian's site. WTF?????

Is this what passes for legitimate information to you???? I'll bet you're one the 8% of people who actually respond to spam ads.

Get out of here until you have something legit.

Legit? You mean like Fox News or Hannity or Limbaugh?

Wow! I guess the education system really failed you didn't it?

Give me a newspaper of record, a wire service, a peer reviewed journal, original source material. As a distant second, a respected, published magazine like The Economist, Newsweek or US News and World Report or something similar.

Media outlets like Fox, MSLSD and NBC can be cited only for proof of the opposite of the expected. As in Fox reporting a positive story about Bill Clinton. MSNBC saying something positive about Dick Cheney. Otherwise, they don't count as a source.

Are you getting it yet?????

Is Hannity a reporter....

Of course he isn't, nor does he pretend to be... unlike Olberman, Couric, Lauer, Mathews, etc. They are just as much show biz folks as Hannity is.. but at least he KNOWS that.

I remember the right wing being outraged about that Code Pink woman that tried to talk to McCain during his acceptance speech. I mean seriously outraged.
time and place, moron

Another Ravi fantasy? Or just something ridiculously blown out of proportion and ineptly compared to the thousands who are currently protesting all over the country?
the later, but the former is accurate for most of her posts

There is no time and place to prevent people from interacting with their reps.

Which is exactly what you are defending. Do you expect them to just shut up and go away? Isn't that what you want?

I never thought I'd see the day where leftist progressives were complaining about protesting the government. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:
actually, shes wrong, there is a time and place, during a session of congress or a commitee meeting is NOT the time or place, at a town hall meeting IS

For one thing - exactly how would you know they are or are not 'professionals'? Do 'professionals' wear a special uniform? Are they a special age group? Do they wear badges stating "professional agitator"?

Other then that though, while those showing up may be "average" citizens - they have been well instructed and funded by "pro's" on how to disrupt a townhall meeting - meetings where other "average" citizens might want to hear what the speaker has to say. Imagine that!

I don't think repetition is working anymore for the Dems, and I'll concede that it's worked very well for them in the past, but people are fed up. Until someone can offer irrefutable evidence that these are 'pros', then you really should quit spreading the propaganda put out by your party leaders. All you are doing is repeating what you've heard elsewhere w/o really knowing if it's true or not. It's not going to work in this case like it has in the past. Sorry.

I think there is a bit of distortion here - they aren't all saying the attendees are "pro's" but that they are funded and organized by "pro's" and there is clear evidence for that - at best, it's a mix of honest sentiment and political and corporate manipulation much like the "Tea Party" movement, but with the clear intent of derailing health reform through disruption. They are doing exactly what they accused the Dems of doing through Moveon.org or war protesting.
no, there is no evidence of that at all

There is no time and place to prevent people from interacting with their reps.

Which is exactly what you are defending. Do you expect them to just shut up and go away? Isn't that what you want?

I never thought I'd see the day where leftist progressives were complaining about protesting the government. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:
actually, shes wrong, there is a time and place, during a session of congress or a commitee meeting is NOT the time or place, at a town hall meeting IS

Not to worry, I think it's all just Faux outrage.... :lol:

WND is crap.

What would you consider a "meaningful" source? Simply watching Fox news would pretty much support what I said in that they sponsor those protests. You might not like MM but they provide links to the original material so you can draw your own conclusions, if you wanted to bother.

i went to their page, they also accuse the AP of supporting the town hall "disruptors". pretty hard to take that kind of raw partisan stupidity seriously.
colbert's a funny guy. again, not particularly meaningful.

sorry.

sorry.

Simply watching Fox pretty much supports their "sponsoring" of these things - they are constantly going on about it.

Another poster mentioned Fox sent reporters out to tea parties, held events, and provided entertainment -- hannity broadcasting live at a tea party etc. etc. : Atlanta Tea Party: Sean Hannity to Broadcast Live from the Atlanta Tea Party

What more do you need to conclude that yes, they sponsor those events?

when cbs covers a shuttle launch, does that mean they're sponsoring it?

when a reporter covers a klan rally, does that mean the reporter is a klansman?

do i need to go on?

Is Hannity a reporter or part of Fox News?

He's part of Fox.

Here are some more links on Fox's excessive coverage (and promotion) of Tea Parties:

Yes - it's Media Matters but it provides sources to it's claims and no one seems able to dispute the facts they present - if you can provide actual facts that say this isn't so, I'll listen but so far you all only seem able to attack the source, not the claims.

I agree there are some sources that are crap - but if they link to original sources, then at least you can figure out any spin for yourself or look further for more information.

He's not part of Fox News. Tell me, whenever Glen Beck was on CNN, was he representative of what their network and news broadcasts supported as well?

LOL OMG you have got to kidding. Hannity is ON the foxnews network and therefore he is part of foxnews. Hannity is one of their main commentators and trying to argue that he is not part of foxnews is like trying to argue that the transmission on your car is not a part of your car.

I understand that many of these folks are upset about the whole ball of wax of big government and big spending, not just the potential for the high cost of health care reform. So my question would be why weren't there such angry protests day in and day out when Republicans held a majority and were pushing their spending programs? Were there big protests against Reagan's expansion (bailout) of Social Security which actually taxed high earners? Were they in the streets protesting the expansion of Medicare by giving a select group of voters (elderly) billions of dollars worth of free prescription drugs annually?

Why is it that "enough is enough" happens on the Democrats' watch and never the Republicans' watch?

Are you blind or do you just see what you choose to see?

I recall many protesters protesting against the war in Iraq and the billions of dollars being spent.

The POTUS isn't the one that does the spending and in Reagans presidency, the democrats controlled the house for all but two years of his two terms.

But nice try.

The Republicans controlled the house for all but two years of Bush's term. Were there any angry protests from the right over deficits? Or did they only start up in the last two years when the Democrats had control?
and democrats controled the senate for HALF of Bush's 8 years

I can't wait until the sunami that's going to take place in the 2010 elections. I will purposely watch MSNBC and the exteme left media networks to see the looks on thier faces when they see these elections go red from sea to shining sea. :lol:

Then 2012, I tellin ya, you will be able to run your local dog catcher and that person will win against the commie we have in there now.

Last edited:
Fox news has been brought up several times as they are one of the primary (vocal) sponsors of "Tea Parties" and this Town hall stuff.

Talking about that has nothing to do with being a "party hack".

Fox News is a "Sponsor" of the Tea Parties?

Link please.

Sponsor: (verb) back up, support...promote
"Fair and balanced" Fox News aggressively promotes "tea party" protests

Glenn Beck and Fox News Sponsoring "Tea Parties"

Fox promoting anti-health reform disruptions of town halls
well, there is your problem
trusting liars like mediamatters (Clinton supporting group)
and a comedy show
LOL

Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds ‘Some Attendees Admit They Don’t Live In The District’

Last night, Rep. Gene Green (D-TX) hosted a rowdy town hall meeting to discuss health care reform. Fox’s local Houston affiliate reporter, Duarte Geraldino, reported that he talked to the participants and found that “some attendees admit they don’t live in the district.” How did they get there? Geraldino noted “an internet campaign” by far right activists urging their allies to attend and heckle Democratic Representatives. Geraldino then aired a clip showing one participant acting disrespectfully towards Rep. Green. “Pay close attention to the man behind the congressman,” Geraldino says in this clip, “he seems to have forgotten the part about respect.” Watch it:

The crowd was so disrespectful that one frustrated attendee said he had come to the town hall with the intention of giving Rep. Green “a really hard time,” but changed his mind because he was fed up with another man who was “screaming behind my head for the last hour.” The attendee continued, “This is a free country, but I think there’s a certain degree of respect” required. “I won’t be quiet! I won’t sit down! And I won’t let this happen on my watch,” responded the angry conservative activist.

Entire article and video: Think Progress » Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds ‘Some Attendees Admit They Don’t Live In The District’
then how come I never get any of these emails?

JUST WHAT KIND OF A DUMBASS ARE YOU????

You post two links to Media Matters???? That discredited piece of shit site? It's lucky the IRS hasn't shut them down for violating their 501 (c)(3) status. As they say in Jamaica, "Soon come, mon"

And then you top that off with a link to a comedian's site. WTF?????

Is this what passes for legitimate information to you???? I'll bet you're one the 8% of people who actually respond to spam ads.

Get out of here until you have something legit.

LOL, you ask for links and you get links, then you whine about the links. However, there was a post of yours on the previous page where you mention a "local" reporter and yet I saw no links and very little specifics. I wonder why??
links need to have SOME credibility to be taken seriously
or are you one of those "its on the internet, it must be true" type fools?

He's part of Fox.

Here are some more links on Fox's excessive coverage (and promotion) of Tea Parties:
News Coverage Of 'Tea Parties' Raises Concern : NPR

Or, how about Fox's 107 ads promoting Tea Parties?

Or, how about Fox News airing on-screen text describing "tea party" protests that Fox News hosts will be attending as "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties." - or, view it on video Beck says you can "celebrate with Fox News" at any of four "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties" | Media Matters for America

Yes - it's Media Matters but it provides sources to it's claims and no one seems able to dispute the facts they present - if you can provide actual facts that say this isn't so, I'll listen but so far you all only seem able to attack the source, not the claims.

I agree there are some sources that are crap - but if they link to original sources, then at least you can figure out any spin for yourself or look further for more information.
again, mediamatters is a clinton liar site
get that through your fucking thick head

i went to their page, they also accuse the AP of supporting the town hall "disruptors". pretty hard to take that kind of raw partisan stupidity seriously.
colbert's a funny guy. again, not particularly meaningful.

sorry.

sorry.

Simply watching Fox pretty much supports their "sponsoring" of these things - they are constantly going on about it.

Another poster mentioned Fox sent reporters out to tea parties, held events, and provided entertainment -- hannity broadcasting live at a tea party etc. etc.

do i need to go on?

Please do go on, your inability to grasp the difference between merely reporting on an event and becoming part of the event is quite entertaining. LOL

He's part of Fox.

He's not part of Fox News. Tell me, whenever Glen Beck was on CNN, was he representative of what their network and news broadcasts supported as well?

LOL OMG you have got to kidding. Hannity is ON the foxnews network and therefore he is part of foxnews. Hannity is one of their main commentators and trying to argue that he is not part of foxnews is like trying to argue that the transmission on your car is not a part of your car.

It's like talking to a child. :eusa_eh: He's not part of their news broadcast, nor has he ever been. He has a show on there, just like Glen Beck had a show on CNN. Again, did Glens views represent those of the network and the news broadcast that CNN put on nightly?

Another poster mentioned Fox sent reporters out to tea parties, held events, and provided entertainment -- hannity broadcasting live at a tea party etc. etc.

do i need to go on?

Please do go on, your inability to grasp the difference between merely reporting on an event and becoming part of the event is quite entertaining. LOL

really? well i'm glad to provide some amusement for the dimwitted amongst us.

enjoy!

Are you blind or do you just see what you choose to see?

I recall many protesters protesting against the war in Iraq and the billions of dollars being spent.

The POTUS isn't the one that does the spending and in Reagans presidency, the democrats controlled the house for all but two years of his two terms.

But nice try.

The Republicans controlled the house for all but two years of Bush's term. Were there any angry protests from the right over deficits? Or did they only start up in the last two years when the Democrats had control?
and democrats controled the senate for HALF of Bush's 8 years

Republicans controlled one branch from 2001-2003, and Democrats (by 1 seat due to Jeffords jump) the other branch - hardly enough to constitute much control since they would need support from the Republicans to pass anything.

Republicans controlled both branches from 2003 to 2007.

Democrats both branches from 2007-09.

So...where were the angry protests from the right over huge deficits run up under Bush?

He's part of Fox.

News Coverage Of 'Tea Parties' Raises Concern : NPR

Or, how about Fox's 107 ads promoting Tea Parties?

Or, how about Fox News airing on-screen text describing "tea party" protests that Fox News hosts will be attending as "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties." - or, view it on video Beck says you can "celebrate with Fox News" at any of four "FNC Tax Day Tea Parties" | Media Matters for America

again, mediamatters is a clinton liar site
get that through your fucking thick head

Prove your claim then, that it's lies.

Oh wait, you can't.

Forum List

Back