Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

These torture files are all just a "dog & pony" show to keep Americans distracted from what is really going on. A 3.7 TRILLION dollar budget that has already passed the house, & is sitting in the senate.

To PROVE THE POINT:

1. Nancy Pelosi (on the board of 8 on the intelligence committee) attended over 30 meetings during 2002--regarding the enhanced interrogation technics--which include waterboarding. When asked on Friday about it -- she stated: "Yes she was informed about these technics--but did not know they were using them."

2. Ted Kennedy in 2005 tried to get waterboarding--which was acceptable under authorization stopped because he believe it to be torture. He didn't get anywhere because the congress did not consider waterboarding torture.

3. Around the same time--2005-- President Bush asked congress to "define" torture as the law in place was vague. He wanted congress--" to give strict guidelines-"-for intelligence agencies to avoid the threat of prosecution. "There is video on this statement".

4. Congress lead by NANCY PELOSI--"never" gave the Bush administration a new "torture" definition--which would have concluded that waterboarding was torture.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, under the Obama administration, Eric Holder declared that waterboarding was torture.

Now--the whole country is up in arms over these torture files. The Obama administration may be releasing 47 pictures to the ACLU who will then plaster these pictures all over the news. Remember 6 soldiers at Abu Graibe. That made 24/7 news coverage for two months!

This tactic is simply being used again--to distract the American public from what is really going on within the Obama administration.

They, in essense have politicised National Security for a smoke screen. Now--whether it works is a different thing.

First of all, you won't find many that object to waterboarding the master mind of the 9/11 attacks. Second--this may have played out in democrat popularity with Abu Graide--so will it work again. Third--by doing this, American public opinion may look at Obama as a President who is weak on terror, & is wiling to sacrifice the safety of their kids, for his "moral clarity"--while the enemy who seeks to kill Americans in mass--has no morality what-so-ever.

One of the best posts I've read anywhere on the issue...

Congrats OREO on this concise and incontestable explanation of EXACTLY what the issue is and PRECISELY how it should be framed.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

(Tried to rep ya, but I'm out for the moment)

We kill 3 pirates to save the life of one captain but the left is against the US using waterboarding to save the lives of many. Explain that logic!

We kill 3 pirates to save the life of one captain but the left is against the US using waterboarding to save the lives of many. Explain that logic!

The golden rule -- do onto others as you would have them do onto you.

I wouldn't want our guys getting legitimately waterboarded.

when our guys get captured, waterboarding is the least of their worries

Beheading is just so much better.
Between what this administration has already done and still pictures that are to be released on the 29th, I fear that this is going to be a disaster for our guys that get caught over there.

I'm glad our last kid in the military just retired after 24 years in the USAF.

If we killed the people we needed to kill in the first place torture wouldn't be necessary. After all the democrats have supported the war in Iraq for years.

But you would have them legitimately killed?

Who, Americans who for example are in the act of committing piracy with armed and holding hostage? Yeah in that situation they could be legitimately killed.

So we can kill American terrorists but not waterboard them. The holes in your logic are growing.

So we can kill American terrorists but not waterboard them. The holes in your logic are growing.

LOL - it's not my logic that has holes. You said nothing about us killing Americans.

But yeah, you can kill terrorists legitimately. Try them convict them and then hang them.

So in war you must try every person before killing them. After all this is a war on terror.

So in war you must try every person before killing them. After all this is a war on terror.

No.

Then why is using an effective tool for the gathering of information that protects American lives so immoral?

It's a good question with a complex answer. We spent hours discussing it the other day. My comments and answers are here, if you are interested:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...to-info-that-aborted-9-11-style-attac-20.html

Posts 47 75 82 88 90 92 101 106 116 125 134 176 157 239 246 254 259 261 265 271 273 275

Also this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-and-justice-system/74682-torture-poll.html

But you just told me that their death was justified but momentary uncomfort was not.

Forum List

Back