Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

As the left and Obama plays politics and revenge for Gores failures years ago, they are weakening our world position and placing American's at risk. He might want to pay a little more attention to Pakistan, it could be his war of shame!
I just heard on the news that this mess is about to get a lot worse because the military is going to release a bunch of pictures showing detainees being mistreated.

We can now see why the Bush administration destroyed the interrogation videos.

Wanna see a late term abortion video.. ask Tiller the baby killer,, he's a good friend of Sibeileus,, you know her? she's in charge of our health and human services you big assed HYPOCRITE

What were you; the test Scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz when they were trying to perfect the brain?

I appreciate that making a glib insult is simpler that putting together a coherent argument.
But do you think they were torturing prisoners authorized from the highest levels, another agent says his memos challenging the practice were ordered destroyed ... you think they destroyed the videos by accident or part of a routine eliminate interrogation results practice?

Could be.

I just heard on the news that this mess is about to get a lot worse because the military is going to release a bunch of pictures showing detainees being mistreated.

Wanna see a late term abortion video.. ask Tiller the baby killer,, he's a good friend of Sibeileus,, you know her? she's in charge of our health and human services you big assed HYPOCRITE

If you want to rail about abortions, feel free to start and abortion thread. This thread is about torture by the Bush adminsitration.

Or rant away about irrelevant things. That is your MO.

What were you; the test Scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz when they were trying to perfect the brain?

I appreciate that making a glib insult is simpler that putting together a coherent argument.
But do you think they were torturing prisoners authorized from the highest levels, another agent says his memos challenging the practice were ordered destroyed ... you think they destroyed the videos by accident or part of a routine eliminate interrogation results practice?

Could be.
So it's okay for you to conclude that "We can now see why the Bush administration destroyed the interrogation videos." before trial one has even been levied, but it's not okay for me to observe that your conclusion is obtuse speculation. Ah, OKAY.

If you want to rail about abortions, feel free to start and abortion thread. This thread is about torture by the Bush adminsitration.

I'm rating about your hypocrisy.. get it?

No. Sorry.

I do get that 99% your posts on this board are one sentence insults, flames, name calling, and baiting.

Classic troll behavior.

President Obama opened a big can of worms by releasing the torture memos last week that the administration today sought to close with little success.

Instead, a full-blown battle has opened between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, and her GOP counterpart, Ohio's John Boehner about how much top Congressional leaders knew about water boarding in 2002. It is being fueled in part by a timeline released by the Senate Intelligence Committee, chaired by another California Democrat, Dianne Feinstein.

Boehner released news reports from 2007 that seemed to contradict Pelosi, and Pelosi's office fired back with their own. Boehner said Congressional leaders "received an awful lot of information" about interrogations, and that "not a word was raised at the time, not one word. And I think you're going to hear more and more about the bigger picture here, that ... the war on terror after 9/11 was done in a bipartisan basis on lots of fronts."

Pelosi spent much of her press conference today addressing questions about what she knew.

The timeline showed that in the fall of 2002 Pelosi and other key members of the House Intelligence Committee were briefed on waterboarding and other interrogation methods Democrats now describe as torture.
Here is the transcript from Pelosi's press conference today:

SFGate: Politics Blog : Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

Pelosi may be digging a hole next to Dodd's hole on this.

Boehner is so ignorant, Pelosi will kick his behind.

NANCY PELOSI has found herself to be up to her BIG eyeballs in this. She was on an 8 member board during 2002--& in attendance on over 30 MEETINGS regarding the "enhanced interrogation technics".

When asked about it--Nancy Pelosi stated: Well, I was informed on the enhanced interrogation technics--"but I didn't know they were actually doing it!" What a chunk of horse shit.

Barack Obama--in his effort to throw a bone to moveon.org & the ACLU has opened up a can of worms the size of Washington D. C itself.

Not only did Obama go against the advice of 4 CIA chiefs by declaring waterboarding torture--he has opened the door for prosecuting Condi Rice who authorized the waterboarding of the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. In this, she stopped the 2nd wave of attacks that were planned for Los Angeles.

Furthermore--Ted Kennedy took waterboarding to court in 2005--to try & get the action declared illegal. He failed! Why? Because this country did not consider waterboarding torture until Eric Holder, Obama's pick for attorney general declared it so 3 weeks ago.

To a liberal--terrorism is always someone else's problem, until it happens to them.

Here comes the left with their ABORTION RANT, because they can't stay focused on any other topic. They are so ignorant they don't absorb FACTS. They don't know--in year 2007--that 40% of the babies born in the United States were to unwed mothers & out of that group, the majority were teenagers--who could have easily gotten an abortion--BUT CHOSE NOT TOO. UNBELIEVABLE!

Last edited:
Without discussing again is waterboarding right or wrong, what's bugging me is: If as far as 2002, Pelosi (as member of the House Intelligence Committee) knew that waterboarding as a torture form existed, why didn't she object, yet she encouraged it's use, just as every other member of Committee? I don't get it, why don't we simply ask other members of Committee, what's the truth?

Hold it folks.

Maybe it is time to let the Pro-torture guys off the hook a little.

First--Waterboarding is torture.

Second--Moral nations do not torture.

Third--If you are going to torture, then do not let the public know about it because, as a moral nation, we will have to punish you!!

Capiche?

Hold it folks.

Third--If you are going to torture, then do not let the public know about it because, as a moral nation, we will have to punish you!!

Capiche?

So, based on what our government and/or committee approved and on what you said, are we a "moral nation"?

No. Sorry.

I do get that 99% your posts on this board are one sentence insults, flames, name calling, and baiting.

Classic troll behavior.

Hypocrisy.. :eusa_shhh:

Ame®icano;1181094 said:
Hold it folks.

Capiche?

So, based on what our government and/or committee approved and on what you said, are we a "moral nation"?

we are never gonna be a "moral nation" as long as abortions continue.. so get the hell over it.

Ame®icano;1181094 said:
Hold it folks.

Capiche?

Do you let government decide what is moral or immoral?

Or do you have your own sense of right and wrong and make judgement on the government from this internal moral compass?

It is easy to deduce that a government, committee/"BLUE RIBBON PANEL"(you really think these things are not political set ups? Don't makes me laugh!!), court, professional body or elected assembly can go wrong. The question is can you figure out when?

we are never gonna be a "moral nation" as long as abortions continue.. so get the hell over it.

I would leave abortion aside of this thread and stay on the topic. The bottom line is, if government lied to us, are we just gonna take it for granted? Did government ever asked us what do we think about torture? Assuming that with our votes they have our approval to do whatever they want, they doing exactly that. If they knew about torture, if they approved it, they should take a blame. Their actions represent all American people. If we just close our eyes and let them get away with it, we are approving their wrongdoing and we are no better then they are.

So tell me, why should I get over anything?

Poor Nancy, her eyes are getting wider and wider, she is stepping all over herself to distance herself from the waterboarding. Down right lying about her involvement in it, her full knowledge that it was going on.

I think that maybe we should waterboard Nancy to get to the truth of the matter.:lol:

Forum List

Back