Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

Poor Nancy, her eyes are getting wider and wider, she is stepping all over herself to distance herself from the waterboarding. Down right lying about her involvement in it, her full knowledge that it was going on.

I think that maybe we should waterboard Nancy to get to the truth of the matter.:lol:

I think that is a great idea, ha.ha.

Everyone might remember over the last 4-5 years President Bush continually called on congress to "define" torture--as the existing ones were to vague.

Who was speaker of the house & sitting in on over 30+ meetings regarding enhanced technics? NANCY PELOSI

Who was in charge of bringing bills to the floor? NANCY PELOSI

Who waited to address waterboarding until Barack Obama was elected? NANCY PELOSI

Ame®icano;1181148 said:
we are never gonna be a "moral nation" as long as abortions continue.. so get the hell over it.

I would leave abortion aside of this thread and stay on the topic. The bottom line is, if government lied to us, are we just gonna take it for granted? Did government ever asked us what do we think about torture? Assuming that with our votes they have our approval to do whatever they want, they doing exactly that. If they knew about torture, if they approved it, they should take a blame. Their actions represent all American people. If we just close our eyes and let them get away with it, we are approving their wrongdoing and we are no better then they are.

So tell me, why should I get over anything?

I cannot leave abortion out of it. As long as the democwats try to claim "moral high ground" I'm gonna remind them of abortion.. oh and the Pope had to scold Nan about that too. He wouldn't even allow his picture to be taken with her..

Wanna see a late term abortion video.. ask Tiller the baby killer,, he's a good friend of Sibeileus,, you know her? she's in charge of our health and human services you big assed HYPOCRITE

If you want to rail about abortions, feel free to start and abortion thread. This thread is about torture by the Bush adminsitration.

Or rant away about irrelevant things. That is your MO.

Here comes the left with their ABORTION RANT, because they can't stay focused on any other topic. They are so ignorant they don't absorb FACTS. They don't know--in year 2007--that 40% of the babies born in the United States were to unwed mothers & out of that group, the majority were teenagers--who could have easily gotten an abortion--BUT CHOSE NOT TOO. UNBELIEVABLE!

Psssst - the topic of this threat torture, not abortion -- just letting you know so you don't embarrass yourself further.

Ame®icano;1181148 said:
we are never gonna be a "moral nation" as long as abortions continue.. so get the hell over it.

I would leave abortion aside of this thread and stay on the topic. The bottom line is, if government lied to us, are we just gonna take it for granted? Did government ever asked us what do we think about torture? Assuming that with our votes they have our approval to do whatever they want, they doing exactly that. If they knew about torture, if they approved it, they should take a blame. Their actions represent all American people. If we just close our eyes and let them get away with it, we are approving their wrongdoing and we are no better then they are.

I cannot leave abortion out of it. As long as the democwats try to claim "moral high ground" I'm gonna remind them of abortion.. oh and the Pope had to scold Nan about that too. He wouldn't even allow his picture to be taken with her..

I tried to rep ya for this one Willow but I'm out for the moment... WELL DONE AND WELL SAID!

"DON'T YOU DARE MAKE A MASS MURDERING TERRORIST UNCOMFORTABLE... BUT GRIND UP AS MANY INNOCENT BABIES AS YA FEEL YA NEED TO to feel better about your 'Right to CHOOSE...'

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1181148 said:

So the moral high ground is for the government to impose laws dictating a woman's reproductive choice? And if you're pro-choice then you're a hypocrite for being against torture? :eusa_liar: Your logic is torture!

Ame®icano;1181148 said:

So the moral high ground is for the government to impose laws dictating a woman's reproductive choice? And if you're pro-choice then you're a hypocrite for being against torture? :eusa_liar: Your logic is torture!
it wouldnt be limiting her choices at all

she had tons of choices before she got pregnant
claiming pro-choice is a load of CRAP

What abortion, Pope and Nan has to do with this thread?

In regards what I said earlier about the topic, I don't really care about what Dems or Reps said, all I care is who lied to us and who did not.

Sure, If you say so. :rolleyes:

Claiming it has anything to do with the current torture discussion is CRAP, that's what I say.
so, you had nothing to say about the REST of that post?
just the one little thing that was against your fucking talking point?

and btw, the claim was that if you think so called torture(NONE HAPPENED) is immaoral
what the FUCK do you think killing 1.4 MILLION babies a year is?

@ amrchaos, sorry for not replying earlier.

Do you let government decide what is moral or immoral?

Do I need government to tell me what's moral or immoral.

Or do you have your own sense of right and wrong and make judgement on the government from this internal moral compass?

It all depends who and how you were raised. I sure have my own sense of right and wrong, living by it whole my adult life. Now, you are free to beleive that milk is black or pink, just as I beleive that is not.

It is easy to deduce that a government, committee/"BLUE RIBBON PANEL"(you really think these things are not political set ups? Don't makes me laugh!!), court, professional body or elected assembly can go wrong. The question is can you figure out when?

I relly don't care if is a setup. I told WillowTree, all I care is who lied and what are we gonna do about it.

Ame®icano;1181515 said:

What abortion, Pope and Nan has to do with this thread?

In regards what I said earlier about the topic, I don't really care about what Dems or Reps said, all I care is who lied to us and who did not.

No one lied to us prior to the Democrats gaining power and making shit up about supposed Torture THEY APPROVED.

Claiming it has anything to do with the current torture discussion is CRAP, that's what I say.

and btw, the claim was that if you think so called torture(NONE HAPPENED) is immaoral

:rolleyes: It's not my {fucking} talking point, slowpoke, it's yours.

My reaction to your assertion with Iriemon is that your CRAP logic is torture, follow?

Now, you go right ahead with your "save a baby torture a Muslim" campaign! :thup:

:rolleyes: It's not my {fucking} talking point, slowpoke, it's yours.

My reaction to your assertion with Iriemon is that your CRAP logic is torture, follow?

Now, you go right ahead with your "save a baby torture a Muslim" campaign! :thup:
STRAWMAN
you are just another fucking moron i see

Ame®icano;1181148 said:

I don't really see th econnection between the two. Both are immoral. I am against both. I am a pro-life anti-torture Republican, so I don't really understand what you are getting at. Because if the Christian right wants to rail against anybody on the hypocrisy of positions on torture and abortion, then they can explain their position on Jesus Christ is the son of God, but we are still gonna executed people by lethal injection. The right( of which I am a part) is not without its own heaping pile of hypocrisy.

Ame®icano;1181554 said:
No one lied to us prior to the Democrats gaining power and making shit up about supposed Torture THEY APPROVED.

They approved. Whoever they are, should take responsibility for it. That would be "moral thing" to do, right?

Once again, what they approved was NOT torture per the laws of the US or the Treaties we are a party to. No crime occurred. Unfortunately for the Democrats , in their drive to blame Bush for anything and everything, they have now put themselves right in the cross hairs.

The Democrats and the left thought they could get away with making false claims that Bush broke the law, and in the process forgot THEY were just as supposedly guilty as any Republican.

These torture files are all just a "dog & pony" show to keep Americans distracted from what is really going on. A 3.7 TRILLION dollar budget that has already passed the house, & is sitting in the senate.

To PROVE THE POINT:

1. Nancy Pelosi (on the board of 8 on the intelligence committee) attended over 30 meetings during 2002--regarding the enhanced interrogation technics--which include waterboarding. When asked on Friday about it -- she stated: "Yes she was informed about these technics--but did not know they were using them."

2. Ted Kennedy in 2005 tried to get waterboarding--which was acceptable under authorization stopped because he believe it to be torture. He didn't get anywhere because the congress did not consider waterboarding torture.

3. Around the same time--2005-- President Bush asked congress to "define" torture as the law in place was vague. He wanted congress--" to give strict guidelines-"-for intelligence agencies to avoid the threat of prosecution. "There is video on this statement".

4. Congress lead by NANCY PELOSI--"never" gave the Bush administration a new "torture" definition--which would have concluded that waterboarding was torture.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, under the Obama administration, Eric Holder declared that waterboarding was torture.

Now--the whole country is up in arms over these torture files. The Obama administration may be releasing 47 pictures to the ACLU who will then plaster these pictures all over the news. Remember 6 soldiers at Abu Graibe. That made 24/7 news coverage for two months!

This tactic is simply being used again--to distract the American public from what is really going on within the Obama administration.

They, in essense have politicised National Security for a smoke screen. Now--whether it works is a different thing.

First of all, you won't find many that object to waterboarding the master mind of the 9/11 attacks. Second--this may have played out in democrat popularity with Abu Graide--so will it work again. Third--by doing this, American public opinion may look at Obama as a President who is weak on terror, & is wiling to sacrifice the safety of their kids, for his "moral clarity"--while the enemy who seeks to kill Americans in mass--has no morality what-so-ever.

Last edited:
2. Ted Kennedy in 2005 tried to get waterboarding--which was acceptable under authorization stopped because he believe it to be torture. He didn't get anywhere because the congress did not consider waterboarding torture.
I want to see a credible link to this.

As far as I can tell, a few people on this thread are trying to make the point that Bush/Cheney authorized torture because abortion is legal?

I want to see a credible link to this.

As far as I can tell, a few people on this thread are trying to make the point that Bush/Cheney authorized torture because abortion is legal?

I take it back, you do NOT even have 2 brain cells. Careful around open flame that Methane that keeps your head inflated may leak out and explode.

Forum List

Back