Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

Wait until the pictures come out next week.

The CIA is releasing photos next week (probably late Friday or early Saturday to keep it as quiet as possible).

I'm not making it up. The CIA announced it would release photos next week. Waterboarding photos are going to make the evening news in about eight days. It'll be everywhere. Newspapers, TV, magazines, internet.

It'll make Abu Graib look like Disney Land.

We are going to see some seriousl photos and video of guys screaming and begging for their lives while having water poured over their faces all day for hours at a time, along with being tied up, nude, in a small box, standing, while screaming and begging for their lives.

Good entertainment. Much better than the circus.

I think they should not only arrest those who gave approval to this crap, but they should also arrest (and place in a Taliban prison) those who engaged in this kind of behavior.

Those who torture deserve justice.

This issue is tearing the country apart, and a pathetic idiot like you wants to throw Americans in a Taliban prison? If anybody should be thrown in one of their jails it would be you.

Nan is trying to pull a Hillary, bald faced lying even though she is buried by the facts.

Nan knew and approved of everything thatw as done, now she wants to claim otherwise.

Won't wash.

President Obama opened a big can of worms by releasing the torture memos last week that the administration today sought to close with little success.

Instead, a full-blown battle has opened between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, and her GOP counterpart, Ohio's John Boehner about how much top Congressional leaders knew about water boarding in 2002. It is being fueled in part by a timeline released by the Senate Intelligence Committee, chaired by another California Democrat, Dianne Feinstein.

Boehner released news reports from 2007 that seemed to contradict Pelosi, and Pelosi's office fired back with their own. Boehner said Congressional leaders "received an awful lot of information" about interrogations, and that "not a word was raised at the time, not one word. And I think you're going to hear more and more about the bigger picture here, that ... the war on terror after 9/11 was done in a bipartisan basis on lots of fronts."

Pelosi spent much of her press conference today addressing questions about what she knew.

The timeline showed that in the fall of 2002 Pelosi and other key members of the House Intelligence Committee were briefed on waterboarding and other interrogation methods Democrats now describe as torture.
Here is the transcript from Pelosi's press conference today:

SFGate: Politics Blog : Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

Pelosi may be digging a hole next to Dodd's hole on this.

Boehner is so ignorant, Pelosi will kick his behind.
keep kissing that dems ass, i'm sure they will reward you eventually

:eusa_eh:

Keith Olbermann offers Sean Hannity $1000 for every second he can endure waterboarding. Lawrence O'Donnell weighs in on why someone like Hannity would offer to be waterboarded in the first place.

Olbermann: You'll do it for charity? For the troops families? I'll take you up on that Sean. For every second you last, $1000. Live or on tape provided other networks cameras are there. $1000 a second Sean because this is no game. This is serious stuff. Put your money where your mouth is, and your nose. And I'll double it when you admit you feared for your life. When you admit the horrible truth. Waterboarding, a symbol of the last administration, is torture.

[....]

Keith Olbermann Offers Sean Hannity $1000 For Every Second He Can Endure Waterboarding | Video Cafe

And that's EXACTLY the point. WATERBOARDING WORKS! It only takes a couple of seconds before they're spilling the "beans" on everything they know.

Would Keith Obermann prefer that is takes months & months before we get information out of a terrorist? THE PROBLEM: We may only have hours before we have to react to a terrorist threat.

This nation is so STUPID!--for electing morons that would rather protect the rights of terrorists than protecting the lives of Americans citizens. Who in the hell is sorry about waterboarding the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks? Who on this board actually feels sorry for this monster?
Keith Olbermann & who else?
Olbermann is a fucking idiot
how he is still on the air is amazing
his ratings suck ass

I'm sick of talking about this. We keep going round and round with the same stuff. Nothing will change for the next few days so everybody needs to take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend.

Now that your beloved Democrats are just as "guilty" you suddenly are tired of talking about it?

Wanna bet it quickly becomes a " crime? What crime?" by every Democrat that signed off on waterboarding? Assuming they can not just lie their way out of it. That is always an option, escpecially with the DUMB ASSES that support Obama. I mean how smart can they be? They whined cause Bush spent a trillion and their guy plans to spend TRILLIONS every YEAR he is President.

Love double posts, and now I know how they happen, the damn board quits receiving information , you refresh and end up with 2 posts because you couldn't be sure you even had one.

Last edited:
washingtonpost.com

Obama Rejects Truth Panel
Commission Would Have Investigated Abuses in Terrorism Fight
By Shailagh Murray and Paul Kane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, April 24, 2009

President Obama rebuffed calls for a commission to investigate alleged abuses under the Bush administration in fighting terrorism, telling congressional leaders at a White House meeting yesterday that he wants to look forward instead of litigating the past.

In a lengthy exchange with House Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio), Obama appeared to back away from a statement earlier this week that suggested he could support an independent commission to examine possible abuses, according to several attendees who spoke on the condition of anonymity so they could discuss the private meeting freely. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs, also seeking to clarify the president's position, told reporters that "the president determined the concept didn't seem altogether workable in this case" because of the intense partisan atmosphere built around the issue.

"The last few days might be evidence of why something like this might just become a political back and forth," Gibbs said....

Did BO's latest decision come before or after he learned that the ACLU and Moveon won the lawsuit which requires the military to release 100's of pictures of American soldiers allegedly abusing detainees. Anybody wanna lay odds on it for a small bet?

Can you imagine the horrors of a US Soldier pointing a gun at the head of a suspected enemy combatant in a war zone? I hope the liberals don’t further bankrupt us with all the psychiatric counseling their going to need after viewing the pictures.

This is starting to look like much more than a group of ideological liberals going after the previous administration for having allegedly made mistakes during a war. It's starting to look like their true motivation is to dismantle the Republican party, IMHO.

If the liberals win this war they're apparently waging on the republican party, perhaps every parent will eventually be issued a taser to keep their kids in line since so many seem to think the taser is a devise that should be used to keep civil obedience.

Tell ya what: Zapping our 2 year olds with a taser that generate 50,000 to 500,000 volts of electricity should eliminate the "terrible 2's" BS that very kid goes through. I betcha the Non Custodial Parents that compose the Family Court Reform Movement in this country would raise hell about that. Don't worry though; we've already figured out how to deny them their Constitutional and Civil Rights, so their opinion don't mean squat.

For you libtards reading this: The last paragraph, with the exception of the last sentence, is but a philosophical condemnation of an extreme that is unlikely to occur, but nevertheless has the potential to occur in a Liberal Utopia.

Love double posts, and now I know how they happen, the damn board quits receiving information , you refresh and end up with 2 posts because you couldn't be sure you even had one.
Only took you two years to figure that one out? Even retards can learn, it appears.

Go ahead retard, find my double posts, you can start with this one. Good God you are beyond STUPID.

Wait until the pictures come out next week.

The CIA is releasing photos next week (probably late Friday or early Saturday to keep it as quiet as possible).

I'm not making it up. The CIA announced it would release photos next week. Waterboarding photos are going to make the evening news in about eight days. It'll be everywhere. Newspapers, TV, magazines, internet.

It'll make Abu Graib look like Disney Land.

We are going to see some seriousl photos and video of guys screaming and begging for their lives while having water poured over their faces all day for hours at a time, along with being tied up, nude, in a small box, standing, while screaming and begging for their lives.

Good entertainment. Much better than the circus.

I think they should not only arrest those who gave approval to this crap, but they should also arrest (and place in a Taliban prison) those who engaged in this kind of behavior.

Those who torture deserve justice.

This issue is tearing the country apart, and a pathetic idiot like you wants to throw Americans in a Taliban prison? If anybody should be thrown in one of their jails it would be you.

I hate to say this but this country has been torn apart since Bush took office.. The left won't rest until it's destroyed. Remember George Soros is the man behind the left and that is his goal..

After listening to congressmen regarding the OVER 30 meetings held in congress over the enhanced interrogations procedures-in 2002-all have said that Nancy Pelosi was right there.

Apparently there was a board of 8 congresspeople--one of them being Nancy Pelosi who had over 30 meetings regarding the "enhanced interrogations procedures."

So when our speaker of the house was asked about these meetings that were held in 2002--Pelosi states: "Well we were informed about the enhanced interrogations procedures--BUT I didn't know they were actually doing them!" God don't ya just love it?

In the coming days--we can expect Nancy Pelosi's eyes to get bigger & bigger. Obama has opened this can of worms. Patrick Leahy is threatening to prosecute Condi Rice for authorizing the waterboarding of the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Once this is done--FULL DISCLOSURE regarding information obtained from the 3 terrorists that were waterboarded & also who knew what & when.

A huge blunder on Barack Obama's plate.

STILL--LOL!

You know--you have got to love liberals in their ultimate denial.

If just of of these liberals had a family member that was captured by a terrorist organization, & one of the terrorist were captured, that was reluctant to talk, they would have Barack Obama & Eric Holder's number on speed dial begging them to authorize the waterboarding of the terrorist--in order to save their family members life.

LOL!

Sounds like you are getting worn out trying to defend the defenseless. There can be no comfort in attempting to defend a President who has put Americans at risk by releasing TOP SECRET information against the advise of 4 former CIA directors.

Unfortunely Maggie, his poll numbers are going to go off of the cliff when people realize just what this President did. It is not going to go away, the move on dot. org people are behind this, Patrick Leahey and Eric Holder are intent on a hearing in which they will be forced to put Pelosi and Condelessa Rice on that stand. The truth will come out and your guy is going to get crushed by his own accord and his unwillingness to stand up to the far left in his own party. He has no backbone and it shows big time. He will demonstrate to all Americans that he can't stand up to the left in his own party so how in the world will he be able to stand up to the terrorists who would murder all of us if they could.

For some reason, I am not feeling safer. :doubt:

Last edited:
I hate to say this but this country has been torn apart since Bush took office.. The left won't rest until it's destroyed. Remember George Soros is the man behind the left and that is his goal..

Exactly.

That's (a) reason why BO is backing off the terrorist memos BS. Now he has private organizations like moveon.org, supported by AH's like Soros, not to mention the ACLU, that are doing the bidding.

This isn't about discrediting the Bush administration, this is a power-play to try to dismantle the Republican party which WILL ultimately be the cause of... well, you complete the sentence.

Keith Olbermann offers Sean Hannity $1000 for every second he can endure waterboarding. Lawrence O'Donnell weighs in on why someone like Hannity would offer to be waterboarded in the first place.

Olbermann: You'll do it for charity? For the troops families? I'll take you up on that Sean. For every second you last, $1000. Live or on tape provided other networks cameras are there. $1000 a second Sean because this is no game. This is serious stuff. Put your money where your mouth is, and your nose. And I'll double it when you admit you feared for your life. When you admit the horrible truth. Waterboarding, a symbol of the last administration, is torture.

[....]

Keith Olbermann Offers Sean Hannity $1000 For Every Second He Can Endure Waterboarding | Video Cafe

What a great idea by Olberman. That's something I'd like to see, how long Hannity could hold out.

[....]

And that's EXACTLY the point. WATERBOARDING WORKS! It only takes a couple of seconds before they're spilling the "beans" on everything they know.

Would Keith Obermann prefer that is takes months & months before we get information out of a terrorist? THE PROBLEM: We may only have hours before we have to react to a terrorist threat.

Taping electrodes to their balls and drilling teeth down to the root work too. What is your point, Herr Himmler?

This nation is so STUPID!--

Kudos for proving your own argument.

As the left and Obama plays politics and revenge for Gores failures years ago, they are weakening our world position and placing American's at risk. He might want to pay a little more attention to Pakistan, it could be his war of shame!
I just heard on the news that this mess is about to get a lot worse because the military is going to release a bunch of pictures showing detainees being mistreated.

We can now see why the Bush administration destroyed the interrogation videos.

[....]

What a great idea by Olberman. That's something I'd like to see, how long Hannity could hold out.

Maybe Hannity can offer Olberman a thousand dollars for his wife to have a late term abortion.. then we can see what torture really is.. like that idea? welldoyahuh?

Forum List

Back