Torture battle escalating, Pelosi vs. Boehner

Then what does legitimate death mean ravi?
This is what she said.
But yeah, you can kill terrorists legitimately. Try them convict them and then hang them.
Seems clear to me.

If you are asking my opinion, a legitimately excusable death is catching someone in the act of harming others and putting a bullet in their head to stop them. I can't think of many other legitimate reasons to kill someone.

This is what she said.
But yeah, you can kill terrorists legitimately. Try them convict them and then hang them.
Seems clear to me.

If you are asking my opinion, a legitimately excusable death is catching someone in the act of harming others and putting a bullet in their head to stop them. I can't think of many other legitimate reasons to kill someone.

So its the timing of the bullet? You are sill justifying the death of terrorists but you just don't want to see them hurt.............

This is what she said.
Seems clear to me.

So its the timing of the bullet? You are sill justifying the death of terrorists but you just don't want to see them hurt.............
Where did I ever say that?

IMO, torture should remain illegal. If torture is used to prevent a clear and present danger it is legitimately excusable. Whomever chooses to torture someone in this manner will have to live up to the consequences of his or her actions and take any punishment meted out in a non-cowardly fashion. If the action was legitimately excusable the person has nothing to fear.

But that isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about torturing people that we actually have no way of knowing are terrorists or not for reasons to gather information on who knows what...the only thing I've seen come from it is one detainee eventually confessed to being the world's foremost terrorist master mind. For all we know the guy has delusions of grandeur or made false confessions to stop being tortured. The information gotten amounts to a big fat zero gain.

You are talking in circles. Torture is excusable but should not be legal. We can use it but only on certain people. Get a backbone.

You are talking in circles. Torture is excusable but should not be legal. We can use it but only on certain people. Get a backbone.
You are just choosing to misunderstand what I've said.

I'm not surprised...you did the same thing with Iriemon.

Either that or you are stupid, I'm not sure which.

Im taking what you are saying and showing you that it doesn't make sense. You have no real opinion rather you side with whoever boosts your self confidence by adding to your rep bar. Your statement contradicts itself. It is not that I am misunderstanding your opinion or that I am stupid It is that I see your words for what they are a well rehearsed speach allowing loopholes in the case that you contradict yourself again.

THE HYPOCRISY OF THIS ADMINISTRATION:

Obama--against the advice of 4 former CIA chiefs, including the present one released top-secret classified CIA documents to the world--via the internet.

Obama's stated reason for doing it? To show the world that the United States "will no longer" torture or use waterboarding aka enhanced interrogation technics. WHY? Because President Obama believes that his action will DECREASE terrorism in the world, especially toward the United States. This is what he has said.

On the other Hand--Obama is going to deliver to the ACLU--47 pictures regarding the enhanced interrogation technics--which the ACLU will put them out in every magazine & the entire main stream media will flood their networks with these pictures to be broadcast AROUND THE WORLD. Therefore, enraging Muslims through-out the WORLD with anti-sentiment & hate directed toward the United States.

Now do these recent actions & statements make any sense to LIBERALS what-so-ever? How do you claim to defend these actions? Go ahead & try--I am extremely interested.

Last edited:
So Irie. Then what does legitimate death mean?

I think you brought it up first? It means lots of things. You asked if a terrorist can be legitimately killed. Yes. I mentioned on example. Another is when necessary to stop the act the terrorist is trying to accomplish.

The fact that they can legitimately be killed does not imply they can be legitimately tortured. Though some might argue that point to argue that it is never legitimate to put someone to death.

Obama--against the advice of 4 former CIA chiefs, including the present one released top-secret classified CIA documents to the world--via the internet.

Obama's stated reason for doing it? To show the world that the United States "will no longer" torture or use waterboarding aka enhanced interrogation technics. WHY? Because President Obama believes that his action will DECREASE terrorism in the world, especially toward the United States. This is what he has said.

On the other Hand--Obama is going to deliver to the ACLU--47 pictures regarding the enhanced interrogation technics--which the ACLU will put them out in every magazine & the entire main stream media will flood their networks with these pictures to be broadcast AROUND THE WORLD. Therefore, enraging Muslims through-out the WORLD with anti-sentiment & hate directed toward the United States.

Now do these recent actions & statements make any sense to LIBERALS what-so-ever? How do you claim to defend these actions? Go ahead & try--I am extremely interested.

Don’t fret, as soon as the Loons are done drooling over Specter-Defector, they'll will be here to reply with their holier than thou gibberish, which they would undoubtedly deny if it actually came down to preventing their holier than thou asses from being blown into oblivion.

Ass kissing idiots is all I can come up with.. :lol:

So Irie. Then what does legitimate death mean?

I think you brought it up first? It means lots of things. You asked if a terrorist can be legitimately killed. Yes. I mentioned on example. Another is when necessary to stop the act the terrorist is trying to accomplish.

The fact that they can legitimately be killed does not imply they can be legitimately tortured. Though some might argue that point to argue that it is never legitimate to put someone to death.

How can you be pro death and anti torture?

Forum List

Back