Top Ten Reasons Why Islam Is NOT The Religion Of Peace

dilloduck said:
These folks for one----many others would suggest that the Old Testament consists of prophecies that represent the birth of the idea of Jesus coming as a savior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament

That's not what I got from that post. Some discussion of not taking on Jewish rituals, traditions, but bound by the moral laws.

Of course, maybe the last line?
Some believe Jesus rejected four of the Ten Commandments and endorsed only Six [7], citing Mark 10:17-22 and the parallels Matthew 19:16-22 and Luke 18:18-23. See also Cafeteria Christianity.

dilloduck said:
It's amazing how many athiests dont even know what they don't believe in.

Christianity will tell you that the old testament is referring to Jesus. That's why they use it. An agnostic interpreting the Bible is far from representative of what Christians believe.

I apparently know more about Christianity than PR does. The subject in question was not about the Old Testament. If you would bother to read the thread you will find that Chad said that Islam was the only religion that began in non-violence. A couple of Christians challenged him on this statement and he replied that Christianity began with the murder of the "hippie", I believe he said.

I replied and chastized Chad for saying that a Christian wouldn't know when his own religion began. That's when PR came out and said his religion begin with God creating the earth and the heavens. Something like that. Since I happen to know that is the first book of the Old Testament, I asked PR if it was not in fact, Jewish. I was pretty sure it was, but I was trying give him a chance to save face. He replied that he didn't know and he didn't care.

That's probably where you came in.

So, let's ask you. When did Christianity begin? Chad said it was with the murder of Jesus, he had to justify his violence statement after all, but I think it begin with the resurrection of Christ because without that, there wouldn't be any religion to follow.

What's your opinion?

The ClayTaurus said:

Oh, yes. I don't believe there really is any such thing as agnostic. People who call themselves agnostics are of three breeds: religious people who know how stupid it is but have that "just in case mentality", people who like to think of themselves as intellectuals and like to argue, usually against atheists, and believers who are lying.

Here's my test:

Does the Tooth Fairy exist?

A) yes

B) no

C) there is no way to know, so I won't decide

Now you tell me why God should be treated any different.

By the way, I have actually had agnostics say they would choose C. And I've used The Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Bigfoot, and the Giant Purple People Eater as questions.

nt250 said:
Oh, yes. I don't believe there really is any such thing as agnostic. People who call themselves agnostics are of three breeds: religious people who know how stupid it is but have that "just in case mentality", people who like to think of themselves as intellectuals and like to argue, usually against atheists, and believers who are lying.

Here's my test:

Does the Tooth Fairy exist?

A) yes

B) no

C) there is no way to know, so I won't decide

Now you tell me why God should be treated any different.

By the way, I have actually had agnostics say they would choose C. And I've used The Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Bigfoot, and the Giant Purple People Eater as questions.
That's a rather overly simplistic view of things, although I will admit it advocates your atheism quite well.

As it is, I respectfully disagree with your assertion, but agree, to some extent, with your classifications. The arguing about it is up to you. ;)

The ClayTaurus said:
That's a rather overly simplistic view of things, although I will admit it advocates your atheism quite well.

As it is, I respectfully disagree with your assertion, but agree, to some extent, with your classifications. The arguing about it is up to you. ;)

I don't bother arging with people who claim to be agnostics anymore. They just like to argue with atheists.

I don't lilke to argue about religion, period.

The only reason I bother about Islam is because so many people are so fucking clueless about it, and they won't believe a word a Christian says about it, so I still bother. Even though I know it's hopeless.

As unfortutate as it is, too many people care more about motives than the truth. The fact that I'm an atheist removes at least one defense Muslim defenders have. The Chads of the world can't dismiss me because I'm a Christian. Which is exactlly what he attempted to do at the beginning of this thread.

nt250 said:
I apparently know more about Christianity than PR does. The subject in question was not about the Old Testament. If you would bother to read the thread you will find that Chad said that Islam was the only religion that began in non-violence. A couple of Christians challenged him on this statement and he replied that Christianity began with the murder of the "hippie", I believe he said.

I replied and chastized Chad for saying that a Christian wouldn't know when his own religion began. That's when PR came out and said his religion begin with God creating the earth and the heavens. Something like that. Since I happen to know that is the first book of the Old Testament, I asked PR if it was not in fact, Jewish. I was pretty sure it was, but I was trying give him a chance to save face. He replied that he didn't know and he didn't care.

That's probably where you came in.

So, let's ask you. When did Christianity begin? Chad said it was with the murder of Jesus, he had to justify his violence statement after all, but I think it begin with the resurrection of Christ because without that, there wouldn't be any religion to follow.

What's your opinion?

The concepts of Christianity are timeless. When it became an "official" religion depends on who you ask. I'm still curious as to why you think the Old Testament is Jewish. Did they write it or do they have a patent on it or somethig?

dilloduck said:
The concepts of Christianity are timeless. When it became an "official" religion depends on who you ask. I'm still curious as to why you think the Old Testament is Jewish. Did they write it or do they have a patent on it or somethig?

The Old Testament and the Torah are the same book.

Nobody said anything about "official" anything. If Christ hadn't risen from the dead, would there be a religion today called Christianity?

Can you answer that question yes or no?

nt250-I'm a true agnostic. I'm not going to kick you in the face for telling me there are no true agnostics, because that's not what I'm about. I will say this though, I would be an atheist, but I can't understand how things originated in the first place. I believe that the big bang happened, but I'm not mentally capable to believe that there is an end to time, which is why I don't fully elimate the possibility of a higher power. I guess the answers to my questions are in another dimension that man has not yet discovered.

nt250 said:
The Old Testament and the Torah are the same book.

Nobody said anything about "official" anything. If Christ hadn't risen from the dead, would there be a religion today called Christianity?

Can you answer that question yes or no?

Garbage---the Torah and Old Testament are not the same book.

nt250 said:
Why would you think something written by "actual Muslims" should be taken at face value?

Go to any pro-Islam site and read the stuff they write.

Then go to CNN and read the news.

I don't waste my time breaking down every lie a Muslim tells about Islam anymore. I used to. I did it for over a year before I finally gave up and realized that people like you (that's an editorial you) just don't care.

Let's try it this way if you are really interested in a discussion:

Go find 10 quotes from Muslims that condemn terrorism against Israel. Any 10. But include links to the entire statement so I can read each statement in it's original context.

Good luck. I've made this challenge many times, and no one has ever been able to come up with one.

If you can't find 10 about Israel, which you probably won't, try 10 that condemn terrorist acts against the West in general. Don't bother with any that claim the terrorists are not practicing "true" Islam.

I remember watching a documentary about islam, and that question came up. I believe the men they interviewed said something like how it was not their responsibility to acknowledge such acts, which sounded fishy to me.

Pale Rider said:
And you're anything but amusing. Now put down the Twinkies and get some excersize, because it sounds like your ire comes from something deeper than just me, the "ignorant Christian". You're probably fat, and not happy with yourself.

I'm fat and I'm content with my figure. The same may be true for nt250. Incase you think I'm joking, here's a pic of me with my new moto razr:

geek.jpg

dilloduck said:
I'm still curious as to why you think the Old Testament is Jewish. Did they write it or do they have a patent on it or somethig?

Because they wrote it. Tell me, if a religion similar to Islam comes along and supercedes it, does the Koran stop being a muslim book? And no, it is not crap, the OT was written by the Jews 4,000 years before Christianity. For a Christian you are very ill informed...

Dr Grump said:
Because they wrote it. Tell me, if a religion similar to Islam comes along and supercedes it, does the Koran stop being a muslim book? And no, it is not crap, the OT was written by the Jews 4,000 years before Christianity. For a Christian you are very ill informed...

Which Jew wrote Genesis?

jillian said:
Dude, there's a reason the OT is called "The Five Books of Moses". Grump is right, it predated the NT by about 4,000 years. :huh:

The Torah is also known as the Chumash, Pentateuch or Five Books of Moses. The word "Torah" has the following meanings:

1. A scroll made from kosher animal parchment, with the entire text of the Five Books of Moses written in it by a sofer [ritual scribe]. This is the most limited definition.

2. More often, this term means the text of the Five Books of Moses, written in any format, whether Torah scroll, paperback book, CD*ROM, sky*writing or any other media. Any printed version of the Torah (with or without commentary) can be called a Chumash or Pentateuch; however, one never refers to a Torah Scroll as a Chumash.

3. The term "Torah" can mean the entire corpus of Jewish law. This includes the Written and the Oral Law, which includes the Mishna, the Midrash, the Talmud and even later day legal commentaries. This definition of Torah is probably the most common among Orthodox Jews. Usually you can figure out which definition is being used by the context.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/The_Written_Law.html

Forum List

Back