Top Ten Reasons Why Islam Is NOT The Religion Of Peace

Said1 said:
And forget radio reception, eh? Guess we'll just have to depend on our fillings.
LOL! You're just trying to explain away that buzz.

Said1 said:
Nope. No buzz, just crystal clear oldies, with the occasional word from their sponsors, 24/7.
I was kidding. Love those sponsors, they give me time to think! :laugh: On tv, time to go, well you know. Or hit the fridge!

Truly, PBS unrecorded is a pain, sometimes intermission time doesn't come soon enough. Wish I had tivo.

CharlestonChad said:
do a google image search of "geek".

OK... done. Came back with this picture...

geekzi9.jpg

dilloduck said:
OK I'll get right on it.:laugh:

Spit it out--what's your beef?

Kathianne----now really--does this post really deserve a ding because you think I'm picking a fight? Read a little bit and see who is calling out who. Guess it was the best you can find to retaliate on, huh?:nine:

Pale Rider said:
So just because I've not educated myself up to your standards on who wrote the old testament, I'm ignorant? And just because I don't care, that upsets you enough to insult me?

Well let me educate you just a tad missy, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, was an Intergrated Avionics Instrumentation/Flight Controls Systems Speclist on the F-16 Falcon for eight years in the Air Force, worked in Office Products Division as a technician on everything from hand held dictation equipment to high end copy machines for IBM, am a certified welder, have a Commercial Drivers Lisence, am a lisenced Electrician in the state of Wisconsin, and currently work as a Harley Davidson Technician at the Master of Chassis level. This all on top of many other short schools and seminars that are too many to mention.

Now if just because I didn't consider the Old Testament "jewish", and really didn't care one way or the other, I'm IGNORANT, then I'm absolutely sure there are things I know that YOU don't, so that would make YOU ignorant as well. It won't matter if you "CARE" to know about this or that, only that you DON'T KNOW IT, you will be WILLFULLY IGNORANT, on top of being an arrogant mouthy BITCH.

Now I better clean my cats box. It looks like he just took a big new nt250, and it stinks.

First of all, I defended you, remember? You made me have to admit I was wrong because you proved not only that you DIDN't know when your religion began, but you came right out and said you didn't care. With all your education, if you don't call that "willful ignorance" I'd really like to know how you WOULD define the term.

Your hostility to me is way out of proportion to any offense you think I committed against you. And I suspect that hostility really has more to do with the fact that you probably thought I was a Christian, too, because of my posts about Islam, which is a very common reaction. Most people think that if I'm against Islam, I must be a Christian. I get it all the time.

I have contempt for all religions because I think they're all stupid. Before I read up on Islam I did bash Christians because there is nothing more ludicrious than watching two Christians go at it on a message board. It's like watching two Superman fans argue over two different editions of the same comic book.

But then a strange thing happened. I actually encountered a Christian who was not only intelligent, but nice. His name is Joel and he taught me that you can be religious and not be a jerk on message boards.

So I stopped being a jerk to Christians. And once I stopped being a jerk, I notice that the ONLY people who were routinely insulted, and in really nasty personal ways, were Christians. I started seeing it from their perspective. Why were all these people, and they were always liberals, so nasty to Christians all the time? Oh, they were nasty to conservatives, too, but they saved their real hatred for Christians. And I mean hate.

When GoldenDragon started his threads about Islam, it wasn't what he said that got me interested, it was the replies he got.

You and I got off on the wrong foot because I was forced to admit I was wrong. But I will not put up with insults from anybody, including you. I'm not angry with you, I've been at this too long, and I've had so many worse things said to and about me to let what you've said here make me mad.

You wanna know what really pisses me off? Posters who hate my country and my president, and claim it's because they only hate my president. Posters who claim if we Americans would just stop doing what we're doing, there wouldn't be any reason to attack us.

You started this thread. Do you want to get back to the subject, which the biggest threat to civilization we have ever faced? Or do you want to keep arguing over whether the Old Testament is Jewish?

The ClayTaurus said:
I offered you a PM discussion since you appeared to be so dismissive of the idea of discussing atheism vs. agnosticism. I thought talking about it in PM would avoid the kind of interjections that might get in the way of us having an actual debate. If you want to talk about it, cool, I'm down. If you don't, just say you don't. Open up a new thread or send me a PM and I'll meet ya there. Otherwise, a simple "I don't wanna talk about it" will suffice.

I don't know if I do. I'm sorta burned out on all this stuff. I'm not sure why I posted all the Islam stuff I did on this thread. Maybe I should just stop reading the news. It just kills me to still read articles that go out of their way to dismiss any Islam connection. To still read people saying that the terrorist have "hijacked" Islam. About the only thing I accomplished at my last board was to stop the constant "Islam is The Religion of Peace" replies. They probably still thought it, but they knew better than to post it.

Agnostics do really annoy the hell out of me. Check the board later today. Maybe I'll start a thread. :fifty:

nt250 said:
First of all, I defended you, remember? You made me have to admit I was wrong because you proved not only that you DIDN't know when your religion began, but you came right out and said you didn't care. With all your education, if you don't call that "willful ignorance" I'd really like to know how you WOULD define the term.

*sigh*... this is getting old. You really need to bend over, grab your ears, and give a quick jerk. Just maybe your head will pop out of your ass.

I could ask you a highly technical question about an F-16 that I know damn well you wouldn't know the answer to. But, you are smart enough to google the answer so I won't. But my point is, you WOULDN'T know the ANSWER, so using YOU'RE OWN REASONING, that would make YOU *WILLFULLY IGNORANT* about something that you really don't care about, none the less, IGNORANT. And calling someone IGNORANT is an INSULT. What fucking part about that don't you understand? If you read back through the thread, I didn't get "nasty" with you until you called me IGNORANT, and you're CONTINUING to call me IGNORANT.

Had I CHOSEN to study Christianity more in depth, I may have had a different answer, but you just can't seem to get the fact that I don't really care through your thick skull. You're having too much fun insulting me calling me IGNORANT. However, I have read the Bible cover to cover, and REGARDLESS of WHO WROTE IT, I believe it ALL. It's all one book, and all the same religon, and all the same God. What REAL difference does it make WHO WROTE IT?

NT250 said:
I have contempt for all religions because I think they're all stupid.
WELL THERE YA FUCKING GO... THERE'S THE REAL PROBLEM HERE.

nt250 said:
But I will not put up with insults from anybody, including you.

Now you know how "I" feel. "YOU" called "ME" IGNORANT first, and THAT started this whole tirade. And you CONTINUE to call me IGNORANT, and to me, you're doing it just because you think all religous people are STUPID, as you stated above. So I'll just tell you now, you continue to call me ignorant just because "MY" opinion of when my religon began doesn't match your's, and we will ALWAYS have a problem. So if you chose to continue INSULTING ME with your misplaced names, then I will continue to ride your ass as well.

I would have thought you'd join a board to have a better time than this, but if you want a perpetual fight with members, you've got one here.

=Pale Rider And calling someone IGNORANT is an INSULT. What fucking part about that don't you understand? If you read back through the thread, I didn't get "nasty" with you until you called me IGNORANT, and you're CONTINUING to call me IGNORANT.

I hate to quote Jaws again, but I'm afraid I have to in this case. You don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong.

Calling you IGNORANT was not the insult. I suspect you don't know what the word ignorant means, so why don't you go look it up, Mr. F-16. It was the WILLFUL part that was meant as an insult. Go back and read it again, Mr. College Education. You said you didn't know and didn't care. That's willful ignorance, and you keep proving you are willfulling ignorant with every reply you make. You also keep proving what a jerk you are.

If you know that little about your own religion, I have to wonder why you started this thread and where you got the OP from. Chad was probably right, and you probably DID get it from one of the thousands of Christian anti-Islam sites out there. Which is too bad because it's people like you who are the biggest roadblock to getting reasonable people to understand just what a threat Islam is to the world.

As long as religous zealots like you are on our side of the fight, those on the fence can only sympathize with this poor religion called Islam that is being unfairly maligned by ignorant, close minded, right wing, Christian nuts who hate anything they don't understand.

Islam is the biggest threat to civilization as we know it. But if you would rather keep calling me names because your widdle feeling were hurt, go right ahead. At least you write in complete sentences and use the shift key. So you're not so bad in my book.

nt250-do you believe that Islam is where Christianity was in the 11-13th centuries?

Around 13 centuries years after Christianity was formed, the Crusades began. Now 13 centuries after Islam began, we have attempts to take back the Holy Land by the Muslims.

CharlestonChad said:
nt250-do you believe that Islam is where Christianity was in the 11-13th centuries?

Around 13 centuries years after Christianity was formed, the Crusades began. Now 13 centuries after Islam began, we have attempts to take back the Holy Land by the Muslims.

No, I don't. First of all, Muslims lay claims to many areas of the holy land. Some of these claims are spurious at best, but they've been respected anyway. No one has taken away access to any of the sites in East Jersalem that Muslims consider sacred. Access may have been restricted in the last few years, but Israel hasn't taken them back, destroyed anything, and built anything in it's place.

You can't say the same thing for Muslims, who have a long history of conquering an area and then destroying any religious relic that is not Islamic. Muslims not only have no respect for other religions, they have violent contempt for them. Over the period of history since Islam began, there is no example anywhere of non-Muslims living in peace with Muslims in a Muslim controlled state. Muslims love the word "oppression". Nobody oppresses anybody else like a Muslim does. At best, a non-Believer can survive if he pays a tax which is akin to protection money. At worst, he's driven out, made a slave, or killed en mass. This is true all througout Islamic history.

Muslims don't want to take back the Holy Land. They just don't want to live amonst Jews. With the exception of The Dome Of the Rock, there are not that many Muslim Holy sites in Israel. I can't even think of another one off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back