Top picks for Republican Presidential candidate: Romney, Palin, McCain, Brown

Bullshit. I'd vote Obama out after 2 or 3 years. If he's there for 6-years the country would be bankrupt. The 2nd term is supposed to be a reward for a job well-done, or a kick out the door if the voters think you're an idiot.

No one answered my previous question, politics aside, which candidate has the smarts and experience to do the best job as president. IMHO its Mitt.

well I'm sorry to say obama is going to be in there a total of eight years so get used to it.

I agree with you on Mitt, though. It's just a question of whether the religious right will allow a mormon to be elected.

I don't see why not. We allowed a black Muslim Communist. :eusa_whistle:

the black communist didn't have to deal with the religious right during the primaries.

Romney/Petraeus in 2012

If anyone has a better ticket, lets see it.

I agree that Romney/Petraeus is a good ticket, but Petraeus is too independent. They would have trouble selling that ticket to the far right leaners.

Patraeus hasn't even hinted he is the least bit interested in the job. I think the closest he likes to get to Washington is the Pentagon.

Psssst..He is a mormon. LOL

I thought Liberals were the Tolerant ones.. Hmmmm.. :eusa_whistle:

:razz:

Says who?

Oh and Do you really think this country will elect a mormon?

Why not? I can remember all those folks who got all worked up over Jack Kennedy being a Catholic, but he got elected anyway. We also elected a Muslim-Commie-African-American who isn't even an American citizen! :lol:

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Psssst..He is a mormon. LOL

Pssst..... Obama is a muslim-commie. Tell me who the south will vote for.,,,c'mon I'm waiting....

It's illiterates like you that will probably cause ANY Republican to lose, since you're the face of the "new" conservative movement.

Anybody could beat Obama/Biden in 2012. The people are fed up with that duo.

Define "the people" please. In some circles, yes, in others no. The comment would be true if solid, workable alternatives to what Obama/Biden have attempted to do were presented. But so far, there are none--only criticisms or a lame attempt at a redo of the 2002 tax cut strategy at a time when revenue is sadly sagging. No Republican presidential candidate is going to touch fiddling with Social Security and Medicare, so what platform do they have?

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates (three years old this months) I would vote for Romney. I don't think southern evangelicals have got it yet they are letting religion drag the party down.

A recent USA Today/Gallup poll updated a question first asked in 1937 about the public's willingness to vote for presidential candidates from a variety of different genders, religions, and other backgrounds. While Americans overwhelmingly say they would vote for a black, woman, Catholic, or Hispanic president, they are less likely to say they would support a Mormon candidate, one who is 72 years old, or one who has been married three times.

Bullshit. I'd vote Obama out after 2 or 3 years. If he's there for 6-years the country would be bankrupt. The 2nd term is supposed to be a reward for a job well-done, or a kick out the door if the voters think you're an idiot.

No one answered my previous question, politics aside, which candidate has the smarts and experience to do the best job as president. IMHO its Mitt.

well I'm sorry to say obama is going to be in there a total of eight years so get used to it.

I agree with you on Mitt, though. It's just a question of whether the religious right will allow a mormon to be elected.

If the election were held today, maybe Obama would win. But if the trends continue it looks like Obama is going to be a one-termer. I don't see Obama's lack of crucial policies as helping the economy. If a competent GOP debater (with a brain, say Mitt) gets into the presidential debates with Obama, there is no way Obama could tap-dance his way out of his record.

I'd also like to see Biden debate Petraeus on the issues, say war policy.

If the election were held today, maybe Obama would win. But if the trends continue it looks like Obama is going to be a one-termer. I don't see Obama's lack of crucial policies as helping the economy. If a competent GOP debater (with a brain, say Mitt) gets into the presidential debates with Obama, there is no way Obama could tap-dance his way out of his record.

I'd also like to see Biden debate Petraeus on the issues, say war policy.

Nobody really knows what Patreaus thinks about policy, other than war policy, but he seems to agree that the Afghanistan surge is the correct way to go, so on what points would he disagree with Biden?

Petraeus Endorses Obama’s Afghanistan Strategy, Though ‘Everything Is Hard All the Time’ The Washington Independent

Romney was born in 1947. Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If the evangelicals want to vote for Huckabee, God bless em. If the Tea Party'rs want Palin, go for it. The primaries and the debates should be interesting. I can't see anyone asking Huck if he believes in creationism. If he says "yes" that won't gain votes except in a few southern states. If they ask Palin any technical question about the economy, history, energy policy, defense policies, or global politics, she's toast.
If evangelicals would rather vote for Obama instead of Mitt......thats just stupid. If Mitt wins the nomination there aren't many evangelicals that would vote for a muslim-commie over a born-again conservative.

well in a way that's true of all presidents, which is why I think all presidents should serve one six year term.
It is true of all. Obama just takes it to a new level. He is playing at being President more than I have ever seen.

I agree - one term. Six years sounds good.

Excellent point! You've just changed my long-held belief that a single, but longer term, is a good thing. Well, Obama had more to do with my changing my mind, as you've illustrated.

Romney/Petraeus in 2012

If anyone has a better ticket, lets see it.

I agree that Romney/Petraeus is a good ticket, but Petraeus is too independent. They would have trouble selling that ticket to the far right leaners.

Patraeus hasn't even hinted he is the least bit interested in the job. I think the closest he likes to get to Washington is the Pentagon.
Sure he has, just not officially. That is the scuttlebutt among the pundits.

Last edited:
Hillary will take Obama out. If Obama continues his plummet in the polls (and likely he will as he just doesn't get it - we are not a country that wants stateism), Hillary will take the nomination from him. Or, she will switch back to the GOP and take him out.

Or course, she is not my preference, but she is 1000 fold better than Obama.

Its Romney's turn. I'd like to see Romney/Petraeus on the 2012 GOP ticket. Romney has the smarts to fix the economy and Petraeus has the smarts to tone down the Defense Department for a few years until the deficit is checked.

Except Romney is mormon and too Liberal for the GOP to vote for him. And the GOP has no real clue where Petraeus stands on the issues. If he's even socially Liberal a bit, they will not give him their support.

You seem to not realize that Petraeus wants to keep our troops in various places a long time. If you think it's possible to keep the Defense Department "toned down" for a few years and keep up two wars then you're being delusional. (No offense.)

My god, I wish you could see my eyes roll.......what cracks me up is that you speak for republicans as if you actually know how they think. You can't even think as a liberal, so why would anyone take your opinions on another party as valid.

You're dead wrong by the way....Romney being a mormon doesn't make him too liberal for the GOP. And, you'd be surprised at how much support Petraeus has among the conservative base who appreciates a TRUE militarily strong individual.

Personally, if the election cycle could get past the bullshit play on Petraeus' name, (betray us...and all that shit), that would be a great ticket for us. I would have been a lot happier to see Romney on the ticket in the last election.

Media boost Brown into GOP presidential mix | D.C. Now | Los Angeles Times

I like how the article says Huckabee has "years" of national political experience.

Out of the people on the poll, I'd love to see a Romney/Brown ticket. Both are left enough from the right to draw in independents, but obviously close enough to the right to garner votes from the "base." Romney brings fiscal responsibility, and Brown brings social understanding. It would be a tough ticket for Obama to beat those two, I think.

I really don't think Republicans are dumb enough to pick a newbee senator in Brown as their choice for the Republican nominee-:lol::lol:- Romney picking Brown from the same state would just look plain BAD--so no go there. McCain--you gotta be joking---:lol::lol:--Palin--I don't think so--the problem with her quitting as govenor--albeit she had some great reasons--just won't get her over that hurdle.

I think the Republican nominee with either be Mitt Romney or possibly Newt Gingrich.

Last edited:

Sure he has, just not officially. That is the scuttlebutt among the pundits.

It is. My 'spies' tell me that scuttlebutt abounds about Patreaus. He's hugely popular in the military. Him and Colin would be a stormin' team!!

Forum List

Back