Top 20 Superhero Movies

Other than Watchmen, is there any comic book movie that hasn't been done in?

many have kept at least pretty true to the original premise.....but then there are some where.... why was it even made?....the last Spiderman was more true to the story than Rami's movies.....i thought the first Superman was good except for the way they did Luthor....the second was a true Superman adventure until they fired Donner and that jerk that finished it took over....i think his name was Fleishman...or something.....he fucked it up....i did not think DareDevil was as bad as everyone said....the first Ghost Rider was not as bad as the "critics" said it was....lots of them need better scrip writers and directors that at least have read a comic or 2....Ang Lee said he was not familiar with the Hulk at all.....so why put him in as director?...

Daredevil was horrible. The critics were right. Ghostrider was OK, but was a huge let down!

it all comes down to the writers and directors G.....if those guys never really read a comic i dont see how they can bring the comic to the big screen and do it justice....like when Kevin Smith was hired to write the Superman script (Superman Returns) and he was talking to Jon Peters one of the Producers....Peters told Kevin....when Superman gets to the Fortress...he has to fight a Polar Bear.....Kevin told him Superman would not fight a Polar Bear and his Fortress is where no bears could get there anyway....Peters insisted Superman has to fight a Polar Bear his fans would want that.....anyway Kevin could not handle this guy and quit....so someone else wrote it ...Smith also said Lex Luthor has kinda been used way to much and someone else should be the villain...but not to Jon Peters....

Tied for 1) Avengers, Man of Steel, Superman Quadrilogy (with Christopher Reeve)
2) Iron Man Trilogy
3) Batman Dark Knight Trilogy
4) X-Men Trilogy (with Patrick Stewart)
5) Hulk (with Eric Bana)
6) Thor: The Dark World
7) The Hellboy Trilogy (Yes, Hellboy. If you haven't heard of Dark Horse Comics, you don't have a soul)
8) Captain America
9) X-Men First Class
10) The Spider Man Trilogy

Tied for 1) Avengers, Man of Steel, Superman Quadrilogy (with Christopher Reeve)
2) Iron Man Trilogy
5) Hulk (with Eric Bana)
7) The Hellboy Trilogy (Yes, Hellboy. If you haven't heard of Dark Horse Comics, you don't have a soul)
8) Captain America
9) X-Men First Class

hey Ron Pearlman did a great job with that Character....

"Constantine" became one of my least favorites the instant I learned it featured Keanu Reeves and was set in L.A.

For those unfamiliar with the Hellblazer comic, John Constantine is from Liverpool, it's set mostly in England, and most of the writers and artists come from England/Scotland/Ireland. It was sort of the British guest star in DC's American comics, and Americanizing it for the movie just tore the heart out of it.

"Constantine" became one of my least favorites the instant I learned it featured Keanu Reeves and was set in L.A.

For those unfamiliar with the Hellblazer comic, John Constantine is from Liverpool, it's set mostly in England, and most of the writers and artists come from England/Scotland/Ireland. It was sort of the British guest star in DC's American comics, and Americanizing it for the movie just tore the heart out of it.

There's going to be a series. I can't remember who's making it.....maybe one of the basic networks, maybe Netflix?

2) Iron Man Trilogy
5) Hulk (with Eric Bana)
8) Captain America
9) X-Men First Class

Wait, weren't there only 2 Hellboy movies?

its going to be a TV series.....

http://screenrant.com/constantine-tv-series-pilot-details-director/

Last edited:
Other than Watchmen, is there any comic book movie that hasn't been done in?

many have kept at least pretty true to the original premise.....but then there are some where.... why was it even made?....the last Spiderman was more true to the story than Rami's movies.....i thought the first Superman was good except for the way they did Luthor....the second was a true Superman adventure until they fired Donner and that jerk that finished it took over....i think his name was Fleishman...or something.....he fucked it up....i did not think DareDevil was as bad as everyone said....the first Ghost Rider was not as bad as the "critics" said it was....lots of them need better scrip writers and directors that at least have read a comic or 2....Ang Lee said he was not familiar with the Hulk at all.....so why put him in as director?...

Daredevil was horrible. The critics were right. Ghostrider was OK, but was a huge let down!

What do you think was horrible about it?

One thing that really bugs me about the X-Men movies is the downgrading (and degrading) of Cyclops. He has always been the team leader and is a very strong character.

In the movies he's treated with no respect, and his importance to the team is diminished.

Jesus
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The Shadow
The Avengers
Sherlock Holmes II
Armageddon
Evolution
Red
Red II
Casablanca
more later
Fantastic Four
Paul
Batman, up until the Dark night
Ghostbusters
Hancock
FDR
The Lone Ranger
I'll eventually think of the other three

Serious Lone Ranger? You must be trolling!

The second list is definitely a troll. Red and Casablanca were good but not Superhero.

One thing that really bugs me about the X-Men movies is the downgrading (and degrading) of Cyclops. He has always been the team leader and is a very strong character.

In the movies he's treated with no respect, and his importance to the team is diminished.

Thought all the X-men movies have been shit - especially the first one. Hoping the Days of Future Past lives up to the comic book arc. That was awesome...

i thought it was ok....not great....but ok....

i agree....

Thought all the X-men movies have been shit - especially the first one. Hoping the Days of Future Past lives up to the comic book arc. That was awesome...

i wont go that far....its just the guys making them seem to think they know whats best and so many times....they are wrong,especially casting the parts and the characterization of the characters....like the Thomas Jane "Punisher" movie....outside of the title and the leads name....where did it resemble the comic?....

The writing? The acting? The directing?

The fight scenes were poorly done, mechanical-looking and silly. I was not a fan of Bullseye, who some thought was a redeeming characteristic of the movie. Affleck was a terrible Daredevil, Garner was a terrible Elektra. In particular I seem to recall a short montage in which a young Matt Murdock, having been blinded by the chemicals and given sonar-like abilities, trains himself to be a master martial artist in seemingly weeks. :lol:

It wasn't Batman & Robin level bad, but it was very much low on the list of comic hero movies. ;)

Especially the first one? I think you mean especially the third one. ;)

Forum List

Back