Too many white teachers

I have suffered from that too many white male teachers descrimination.

Yes it cost me a very good teaching post back around 1980 or so.

How do I know that is why I was not chosen?

Because I was told by the committee that chose another candidate that is why I was not chosen.

They saw nothing wrong with making that choice based on race and gender.

After all, didn't I have to pay the social price for being a white male?

I did as far as that committee was concerned.

I have suffered from that too many white male teachers descrimination.

Yes it cost me a very good teaching post back around 1980 or so.

How do I know that is why I was not chosen?

Because I was told by the committee that chose another candidate that is why I was not chosen.

They saw nothing wrong with making that choice based on race and gender.

After all, didn't I have to pay the social price for being a white male?

I did as far as that committee was concerned.

The Alan Bakke settled that. Discrimination against whites, particularly white males is encouraged.

Of course the Bakke decision didn't end well. But, that's beside the point.

US teachers nowhere as diverse as their students - seattlepi.com

Next, will they do something about how many more female teachers there are than male?

Oh wait, that would never happen.

Will "They" do something about making the ratio of female teachers to male teachers 50:50?

Who would this mysterious "they" be? There are no barriers to males getting teaching jobs....other than perhaps the obvious: They cannot become pregnant.

This is not insignificant. Women have traditionally held teaching jobs, because teaching has never been a job ANYONE was ever supposed to do any longer than it took a woman to find a husband and have her own family.

After WWII, high school became much more important because technology required a smarter workforce. Despite the infusion of huge volumes of money, The Education System has evolved much more slowly than the social requirement. Teacher pay structure has remained punitive to those who wish to remain teachers for more than about 5 years. After this period women do not necessarily become homemakers like they did 70 years ago, but remain in the workforce, and they can make a helluva lot more money LEAVING TEACHING. This is something men have traditionally known, and continue to realize.

Thats why all these brown people come to America, to be taught by white people

Next, will they do something about how many more female teachers there are than male?

Will "They" do something about making the ratio of female teachers to male teachers 50:50?

Who would this mysterious "they" be? There are no barriers to males getting teaching jobs....other than perhaps the obvious: They cannot become pregnant.

This is not insignificant. Women have traditionally held teaching jobs, because teaching has never been a job ANYONE was ever supposed to do any longer than it took a woman to find a husband and have her own family.

After WWII, high school became much more important because technology required a smarter workforce. Despite the infusion of huge volumes of money, The Education System has evolved much more slowly than the social requirement. Teacher pay structure has remained punitive to those who wish to remain teachers for more than about 5 years. After this period women do not necessarily become homemakers like they did 70 years ago, but remain in the workforce, and they can make a helluva lot more money LEAVING TEACHING. This is something men have traditionally known, and continue to realize.
Of course not. Liberals are about pandering to special status groups. Women are the 51% minority, thus they get benefits, not responsibilities. Equality is only for special status groups. White straight males are not a special status group

Of course not. Liberals are about pandering to special status groups. Women are the 51% minority, thus they get benefits, not responsibilities. Equality is only for special status groups. White straight males are not a special status group

Not sure what point you have other than to blame some "liberal boogyman" for the issue: There is no other barrier for white males to be teaching other than common sense.

There are better, higher paying jobs.

Forum List

Back