Tom Brady Suspension Lifted

Well it certainly helps your chances. You still lost Revis, Browner, and Wilfork. I don't know how you are going to account for that.

Look, in the past, he has gotten rid of plenty of players, and I have been like, "what the HELL is he thinking?" but it always seems to work out well. I have to trust his decisions. :)

Quarterbacks rarely win Super Bowls. Defenses usually do. Even last year with Seattle's secondary decimated by injury it took Butler to have the play of his life for the Patriots to win. Brady didn't win that game. It took severe injuries to Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, and Lane (four of the best defensive backs in the game) to even stay in the game and without Butler's heroics Brady would have lost.

You guys lost three critical defensive starters and you don't simply replace players of that caliber.

Brady helped to win that game. Of course, I give credit to the entire team. Like I said, the Pats are a great team. Even if they lack for any particular "superstar" receivers and things like that, they always seem to play well as a team and Brady can usually spread the ball around. Also, Brady definitely gets "in the zone" when the pressure is on and can move that ball down the field. He gets credit for that. Sometimes he's like the "come-back kid." Lol. :D
If that is true then why be so nervous when he was going to be suspended?

Nervous? I wasn't nervous, I was angry!!! :D

He should have been suspended. He cheated. Come on Chris. You are a reasonable woman. I know this from all the discussions we have had on other threads. Now Tom Brady is an NFL quarterback and the football is primary tool. Are you really in such denial that you think he didn't know what was going on with his footballs? My father was a surgeon. Do you think he didn't know the condition of his instruments when he started a surgery? I was a professional pastry chef for 20 years. Knives are my tools like a football is Brady's tool. I know the balance of my knives and the condition of my knives. I check my knives to make sure they are exactly the sharpness I want before I cut anything. I can feel with one stroke of the blade whether it is as sharp as I want it and with one stroke I can tell not only the sharpness but what part of the blade is not sharp enough, whether the edge is straight, whether the edge is heavy to the right or left. I know that within half a second because I am a professional and knives have been in my hand my entire adult life. Trinity can tell you that even at home I inspect my knives before starting to cook and with one cut I know what needs to be fixed and I fix it immediately to my liking.

Do you honestly think Brady didn't know the condition of his footballs? If so, you are living in a fantasy land.

Poor Tom Brady, he has the 4 super bowl rings.(so heavy!) ....and he has to go home to this every night!

Gisele-Bundchen-gisele-bundchen-142408_1024_768.jpg

Except the rumor is she is about to leave him because she doesn't want to be married to a cheater. :D

I see this is turning into a pissing match lol. You keep your QB and I will keep mine. Personally I think Wilson is more of a golden boy on and off the field and he has an attractive girlfriend as well but that has nothing to do with his ability on field

Look, in the past, he has gotten rid of plenty of players, and I have been like, "what the HELL is he thinking?" but it always seems to work out well. I have to trust his decisions. :)

Quarterbacks rarely win Super Bowls. Defenses usually do. Even last year with Seattle's secondary decimated by injury it took Butler to have the play of his life for the Patriots to win. Brady didn't win that game. It took severe injuries to Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, and Lane (four of the best defensive backs in the game) to even stay in the game and without Butler's heroics Brady would have lost.

You guys lost three critical defensive starters and you don't simply replace players of that caliber.

Brady helped to win that game. Of course, I give credit to the entire team. Like I said, the Pats are a great team. Even if they lack for any particular "superstar" receivers and things like that, they always seem to play well as a team and Brady can usually spread the ball around. Also, Brady definitely gets "in the zone" when the pressure is on and can move that ball down the field. He gets credit for that. Sometimes he's like the "come-back kid." Lol. :D

He should have been suspended. He cheated. Come on Chris. You are a reasonable woman. I know this from all the discussions we have had on other threads. Now Tom Brady is an NFL quarterback and the football is primary tool. Are you really in such denial that you think he didn't know what was going on with his footballs? My father was a surgeon. Do you think he didn't know the condition of his instruments when he started a surgery? I was a professional pastry chef for 20 years. Knives are my tools like a football is Brady's tool. I know the balance of my knives and the condition of my knives. I check my knives to make sure they are exactly the sharpness I want before I cut anything. I can feel with one stroke of the blade whether it is as sharp as I want it and with one stroke I can tell not only the sharpness but what part of the blade is not sharp enough, whether the edge is straight, whether the edge is heavy to the right or left. I know that within half a second because I am a professional and knives have been in my hand my entire adult life. Trinity can tell you that even at home I inspect my knives before starting to cook and with one cut I know what needs to be fixed and I fix it immediately to my liking.

Do you honestly think Brady didn't know the condition of his footballs? If so, you are living in a fantasy land.
He does! It is annoying too. Can't cut one tomato for a sandwich without farting around to sharpen a knife

I see this is turning into a pissing match lol. You keep your QB and I will keep mine. Personally I think Wilson is more of a golden boy on and off the field and he has an attractive girlfriend as well but that has nothing to do with his ability on field

I like them both.....

:thup:

Yes, I'm reasonable, and since there was no evidence presented except some bogus report, then Tom Brady did not deserve any suspension. It was ONE deflated football. IMO, people like you and the media have blown this WAY out of proportion, and if you think your own team doesn't have it's little "tricks" then you are also fooling yourself. :)

I don't see how your knives are related. But anyhoo, Tom is back. ;)

Wait a second...there were twelve Patriot's game balls. Eleven of the twelve were only slightly under inflated...something that could very well have been the result of all of them being right at the low end of the allowable rate when they were measured in a warm locker room and then taken out to a much colder field and used in a game. What the NFL didn't want the public to know is that the only ball that was substantially under inflated was the ball that the Colt's staff had in THEIR possession following an interception! That ball...AND ONLY THAT BALL...was dramatically under inflated! So tell me what advantage Tom Brady would achieve by having one ball that much more under inflated than the others in a rain soaked game that had game balls being constantly rotated in order to keep them dry? How would he even know which ball was which standing back in the shotgun?

From the very start of this...the entire scenario didn't make sense to me. People in the NFL office in New York were putting out the narrative that all of the balls were drastically under inflated when they knew that wasn't the case. It was actually only one ball that was that under inflated...the ball the Colt's had possession of. Why would people in the NFL offices in New York do that?

There were (for some unknown reason!) two types of needles in the officials locker room that could have been used for the test. One...a shorter needle...gave lower inflation rates. The other...a long, bent needle...gave higher inflation rates. The official who tested the balls stated that he was confident that he'd used the long, bent needle when he tested the balls. The NFL's lawyer went out of his way to get that official to state that he wasn't absolutely "positive" that he'd used the longer needle. Why? Because when the NFL tested the balls...THEY USED THE SHORT NEEDLE THAT GAVE THE LOWER READING!

My question is why there wasn't an investigation into what happened with the ball that the Colt's coaching staff had that mysteriously became so much more under inflated than any of the balls that they DIDN'T have control of? The defensive back for the Colts who caught that interception stated when asked about it that he didn't notice anything different about the ball. Did he not notice anything different about it because it hadn't been deflated yet? Did someone on the Colt's team decide to try and get an edge on Brady and the Patriots by making them play with footballs that were harder than Tom Brady liked and let a little air out of the intercepted ball? And before you ask what proof I have of this...I completely concede that I have ZERO proof...but that doesn't answer the questions I have about what happened to that ball the Colts turned over to the referee when they complained that the Patriots were cheating.

The truth is there are a lot of people that don't know anything about sports that are chiming in. New flash: every pro sports team cheats in some way shape or form. Brady maybe the best QB of all time. Deal with it and stop being haters.

He does! It is annoying too. Can't cut one tomato for a sandwich without farting around to sharpen a knife

Look...if you want an evenly cut tomato that knife has to be sharp enough to shave with. It has to be clean and even across the entire edge of the blade. I have never heard you complain that your tomato was uneven, huh? Well there's a reason for that. :)

With all the talk of Brady's balls John Holmes is feeling slighted. It was rumored he made some calls today looking to get an extension :D

I don't care who you are that there is funny!!

Last edited:
Dot Com, do you have any comments or any opinions you would like to add? :D Maybe one of your buds, like 911 or Alex? ;) Lol.
Judges aren't always right. See- Citizens United

They can also have immense pressure put on them by an unregulated monopoly- the NFL

Judge is on point, the NFL system is flawed. Their punishment of Brady violated the collective bargaining agreement. The NFL stepped outside their authority.

No punishment was ever set by obstructing an investigation. The punishment for the equipment falls under the team management, not the players. Goodell was the judge and the arbitrator. Some many faults. That is why the NFL keeps losing these cases.

Forum List

Back