Told ya - Obamacare now covers transgender surgery

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The bureaucrats rewrote the law. Who needs congress?

Obamacare Now Covers Gender Reassignment Surgeries

25 Aug 2014,

Federal laws banning health insurance discrimination against transgender people, combined with Obamacare's ban on denying coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, have paved a path for transgender patients who wish to make the transition from one gender to another.

"The federal anti-discrimination regulations have yet to be written, but California insurance regulators have said that companies must treat transgender patients the same as other patients," reports The Daily Beast. "For example, if plans cover hormones for post-menopausal women, they must also cover them for transgender women. Medicare, the program for the elderly and disabled, lifted its ban on covering sex reassignment surgery earlier this year."

Over the next ten years, Obamacare will cost U.S. taxpayers $2.6 trillion.

25 Aug 2014,

Federal laws banning health insurance discrimination against transgender people, combined with Obamacare's ban on denying coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, have paved a path for transgender patients who wish to make the transition from one gender to another.

"The federal anti-discrimination regulations have yet to be written, but California insurance regulators have said that companies must treat transgender patients the same as other patients," reports The Daily Beast. "For example, if plans cover hormones for post-menopausal women, they must also cover them for transgender women. Medicare, the program for the elderly and disabled, lifted its ban on covering sex reassignment surgery earlier this year."

Obamacare doesn't cover "anything" because it's not insurance. The law regulates insurance companies and specifies required coverage. Specific coverage for transgender procedures and treatments are not required coverage. Insurance companies are regulated by state laws so additional coverage that goes beyond those specified in ACA can be mandated by a state. However, in most states coverage for transgender procedures and treatments is determined by the insurance company. Tying it to Obamacare is a real stretch.

Excellent! Now our fymynyst systyrs who want to make the aliyah into womynhood and leave their disgusting manpig ways behind can actually fulfill their desire to become strong, independent womyn with the help of science, and there's nothing you bigots can do to stop them. In fact, you have to help pay for them.

I thought, when you get your health insurance, it's supposed to help you take care about your health... How does transgender surgery help people take care about their health?
And will it be obligatory on the list of services we pay for? Like birth/labour support (or how do you call that) for men and seniors...

I thought, when you get your health insurance, it's supposed to help you take care about your health... How does transgender surgery help people take care about their health?
And will it be obligatory on the list of services we pay for? Like birth/labour support (or how do you call that) for men and seniors...
Many insurance companies have blanket bans on transgender surgery, however in five states such a ban is illegal. For those companies that cover the procedure, their guidelines require the patient to show that the procedure is necessary. This means that the procedure must be recommended by both mental and medical health professionals. The guidelines differ between companies but basically it's a mental health issue.

The ACA does not address the issue, however some states do.

Many insurance companies have blanket bans on transgender surgery, however in five states such a ban is illegal. For those companies that cover the procedure, their guidelines require the patient to show that the procedure is necessary. This means that the procedure must be recommended by both mental and medical health professionals. The guidelines differ between companies but basically it's a mental health issue.

The ACA does not address the issue, however some states do.

Frankly speaking, the more I read about the ACA, the more I get the feeling of a total mess. The system that was declared to be simple and affordable turned into something tangled. And if you think about the money spent... I feel like:
hair-on-fire.jpg

Sounds fine to me.
Why should the tax payer be forced to help foot the bill for a mentally ill sodomite to have an elective surgery??
Because mental illness is a required coverage
True, but the medical community has declared the homosexuality isn't a mental illness.
Homosexuality is not consider a mental illness because there is not an identifiable pathology and no accepted treatment by the medical community. However, Gender Disorder does have an identifiable pathology and there is an accepted treatment. Thus medical insurance may cover treatment for Gender Disorder but not Homosexuality.

Gender Identification Disorder is distinct from Homosexuality in that those who suffer from this disorder nearly always identify with their apparent sex or gender. Homosexuals do not.

25 Aug 2014,

Congrats!!

You must be ecstatic!!

Finally you can be your true self!!

Excellent! Now our fymynyst systyrs who want to make the aliyah into womynhood and leave their disgusting manpig ways behind can actually fulfill their desire to become strong, independent womyn with the help of science, and there's nothing you bigots can do to stop them. In fact, you have to help pay for them.

Love how Randi Rhodes has so much to offer to the topic

Sounds fine to me.

You dont even live here,STFU.
She is entitled to express her opinion here regardless of where she lives.

I don't live in the Middle East. Yet I can still express my opinion regarding their neanderthal, caveman, tribal mentality. I am NOT okay with their subjugation of women, their stupid adherence to Islamic Law or their intolerance regarding other religions. The fact that I do not live there means nothing.

Sounds fine to me.

You dont even live here,STFU.
She is entitled to express her opinion here regardless of where she lives.

I don't live in the Middle East. Yet I can still express my opinion regarding their neanderthal, caveman, tribal mentality. I am NOT okay with their subjugation of women, their stupid adherence to Islamic Law or their intolerance regarding other religions. The fact that I do not live there means nothing.

When it's noomies tax dollars being spent she can have an opinion.
Does Australia pay for shit like this? I bet not.
Looks like she should worry about homo rights in her own country.

Forum List

Back