Todays rant - the budget

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
I am sick and tired of the American people being asked to sacrifice and pick and choose between what programs to cut and which ones not to cut. I would suggest that perhaps we should stop subsidizing other countries like Pakistan, Israel, India, Japan and others. I know that the Republicans hate giving the poor here in the US a dime, but really if they can explain how giving money to Pakistan is better than giving money to people in our own country I'd love to hear it.

Senators and Representatives fight tooth and nail over closing military bases here in the US, fighting to keep them open in their particular district. This I can understand, how about closing our unneeded bases in other countries to save some cash.

After cutting all of our overseas subsidies, and eliminating all of our foriegn giveaways, I would then look at which of our programs to cut. Starting with the wealthy because they can afford it, the poor can't. When I say wealthy, I mean big business wealthy. No more subsidizing of any company fof industry for any reason, and make it illegal to give them tax credits or any perks. We must come to the realization that a company is not a person and should not have more rights and power than the average citizen.

If these things were done first, and the budget was still in trouble than I could understand cutting programs like WIC, education, the arts, and other programs of that nature. (Supporting the arts just needs to stop anyway). But even before cutting those programs the tax code should be redone, so we could get a better evaluation of the budget. Heck if we did those things we might not have a budget problem.

The american people being asked to pick and choose?
You really do not have a clue about how our govt misoperates do you?

The american people being asked to pick and choose?
You really do not have a clue about how our govt misoperates do you?

Well let me explain it for you. When I go to the polls I get to pick and choose what programs I want to keep and which ones I don't by the vote I cast. If I want to give money to the poor I vote for the democrat, if I want to give money to the rich I vote for the republican. Either way I get screwed. So I would rather see the money go to the poor.

Forum List

Back