Republicans Who Desire Success for The Obama Administration: Seriously?

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Are there any republicans who want to see The Obama Administration succeed?

I'm not thrilled with the guy, and I find the democrats in congress to be just as bought, paid for and vile as their republican opponents, but not to the point of actively supporting folks who're working hard to undermine the government.... And what's with republicans and defense spending?

Doesn't 'working hard to see to it that the Executive Branch fails' equate to treason?

:eusa_think: Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

Does that thought frighten anyone but me? I can't imagine American Soldiers firing on Americans, and then I remember Kent State.....

What the fuck, Cons? What's the goal here?

Hated GWB, couldn't stand him. Thought the majority of his policies were BS. However, when it comes down to it, he may have been the worlds biggest Jackass, but he was our worlds biggest Jackass. You don't have to like Obama, and wanting to see him fail is fine as well, but actively working to see him fail is another story. Working to see him fail is akin to working to see America fail.

As you learn in the military, you don't have to respect the man, but you do have to respect the rank.

I'm not thrilled with the guy, and I find the democrats in congress to be just as bought, paid for and vile as their republican opponents, but not to the point of actively supporting folks who're working hard to undermine the government.... And what's with republicans and defense spending?

Doesn't 'working hard to see to it that the Executive Branch fails' equate to treason?

Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

Does that thought frighten anyone but me? I can't imagine American Soldiers firing on Americans, and then I remember Kent State.....

1, The goal is to cut spending and balance the budget, remember "when you're in a hole stop diggin"
2. American soldiers will never fire on fellow Americans, to even suggest that is "un-American". (where you from??)
3. If the dems allow a few $billion in cuts the doors stay open. Its not the GOP's fault, its BOTH PARTY's fault.
4. OK, mention treason like that and we know you're a goof. Its more treasonous to spend the US into oblivion, even the Joint Chief's say that the Debt is the biggest threat to the US.

:eusa_think: Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

When someone stands for the opposite thing I stand for. I do not want them to succeed.

you already answered your own question. you know what their end game is.

And what might that be Jillian?

Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

1, The goal is to cut spending and balance the budget, remember "when you're in a hole stop diggin"
2. American soldiers will never fire on fellow Americans, to even suggest that is "un-American". (where you from??)
3. If the dems allow a few $billion in cuts the doors stay open. Its not the GOP's fault, its BOTH PARTY's fault.
4. OK, mention treason like that and we know you're a goof. Its more treasonous to spend the US into oblivion, even the Joint Chief's say that the Debt is the biggest threat to the US.

1. If the goal were to balance the budget fair taxes would be up for discussion and defense wouldn't be a sacred cow.

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7-m919ynU]YouTube - OHIO CSNY ( got audio back) - Kent State Massacre Montage[/ame]

3. It shouldn't be tit for tat politics - of COURSE it's the fault of both parties. Congress, including the freshmen T-Party, are too beholding to campaign money.

4. What is it to actively work within the government to undermine it, if not treason? Sure, it's only as malicious as a playground scuffle during recess, but congress should NOT be so childish.

He's not succeeding in terms of how you and I would define the term.

But his aims aren't the same as yours or mine, either.

He's not succeeding under his own terms. His hope of 'changing the way Washington does business' is a laughing stock and his vision of a public option in health care insurance choices was circumcised to the point of castration by industry lobbying.

He is a grand speech maker and a weak leader.

When someone stands for the opposite thing I stand for. I do not want them to succeed.

What would you bring to congress? What are you 'for'?

Would you ask for fair taxes? Would you abandon the environment and resources your fathers entrusted to you for their grandchildren to the short-term profiteers of the world?

Last edited:

He's not succeeding under his own terms. His hope of 'changing the way Washington does business' is a laughing stock and his vision of a public option in health care insurance choices was circumcised to the point of castration by industry lobbying.

He never intended to get socialized medical services in one bite...Meanwhile, his abortion of a plan is certain to drive all insurers out of the medical insurance business, making the feds the singular last stop.

If that's not "success", as defined by himself, nothing is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance[/ame]

I fully know the end game of the actual top 10% in the American Economy is... and I can see the attraction of the republican philosophy to the top 30% - I'm curious about the goals of the majority of republicans, who must be among the lower 70%.

In all fairness, the spending in this country is out of control, plain and simple - but to consider defense a sacred cow and to not consider a more equitable tax code, especially considering the circumstances, is insane, and in light of this thinking, current support for the republican party remains unexplainable.

In all fairness, the spending in this country is out of control, plain and simple - but to consider defense a sacred cow and to not consider a more equitable tax code, especially considering the circumstances, is insane, and in light of this thinking, current support for the republican party remains unexplainable.
I personally don't see military spending as a sacred cow...America has scores of bases across the globe that can be shut down.

Also, Ryan's budget plan calls for eliminating numerous deductions, credits and outright payola in the tax code, in exchange for a lower overall rate.

Check you premises, dude.

What would you bring to congress? What are you 'for'?

Would you ask for fair taxes? Would you abandon the environment and resources your fathers entrusted to for their grandchildren to the short-term profiteers of the world?

I would slowly ween people off the entitlement wagon. I would not add to more spending. I would close down any federal program's and departments that the states should be doing. I would ensure the private sector would not be taxed so much that they would go out of the United States, and those that did would have a heavy taxed placed on imports.

He never intended to get socialized medical services in one bite...Meanwhile, his abortion of a plan is certain to drive all insurers out of the medical insurance business, making the feds the singular last stop.

If that's not "success", as defined by himself, nothing is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE]YouTube - Obama on single payer health insurance[/ame]

Grand speech maker and a weak leader.

A strong leader would have used the people to affect real change to the business of lobbying and introduction of a public option would have been as simple as opening Medicare to all for a premium based on age.

I wouldn't say all Republicans want to bring down the government but the far Right certainly does. They believe that only by destroying what exist now can real change be accomplished. This is why they are not concerned with unemployment or economic progress. In fact, economic disaster would push the Left out of government and make possible the end game, restoring states rights and removing practically all governmental functions except defense.

I personally don't see military spending as a sacred cow...America has scores of bases across the globe that can be shut down.

Also, Ryan's budget plan calls for eliminating numerous deductions, credits and outright payola in the tax code, in exchange for a lower overall rate.

Check you premises, dude.

Can I ass-u-me that you are, in general, a supporter of the republican agenda? Is believing that defense spending should be on the chopping block along side Medicare and Education a minority position in the republican party?

As far as positive changes to the tax code goes, I'll believe it when I see the law. I read somewhere that in spite of the high published tax rates for corporations in the US, our effective tax rate, after deductions and bullshit, is lower than most of the developed world. Sounds like guaranteed work for lawyers and accountants as well as a sure-fire way to discourage competition.

Forum List

Back