Today I just listened...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I lay in bed today, with the door to my bedroom open, and closed my eyes and just listened.

I heard the low rumble of traffic coming from the freeway.

I heard the sound of a distant train, honking its horn.

I heard the birds, chirping in the trees.

I heard dogs barking, as they always do.

It was very relaxing, and I think the experience brought me closer to God.

Did you hear your grandmother tell you to get out of her basement and get your own place?

Did you hear your grandmother tell you to get out of her basement and get your own place?
I started a nice thread and you just pulled you pants down and took a dump on it.

As my parents used to tell me and my brother after we broke something:

"This is why we can't have nice things."

I lay in bed today, with the door to my bedroom open, and closed my eyes and just listened.

It's wonderful to tap into God's wonderful universe and find comfort, Blackrook. But please, Illigitimiti non carborundum. It seems the left gets off on (1) Using other people's money to get what they want fast and (2) Raining on the good thoughts and deeds of conservatives even at the remotest places. USMB provided us with the perfect saying in its smilies tab: :trolls:

It's wonderful to tap into God's wonderful universe and find comfort, Blackrook. But please, Illigitimiti non carborundum. It seems the left gets off on (1) Using other people's money to get what they want fast and (2) Raining on the good thoughts and deeds of conservatives even at the remotest places. USMB provided us with the perfect saying in its smilies tab: :trolls:
Casting pearls to swine is the appropriate Biblical reference, I think.

I hope someone got something positive out of what I said, that sometimes it's good just to sit and meditate.

Casting pearls to swine is the appropriate Biblical reference, I think.

I hope someone got something positive out of what I said, that sometimes it's good just to sit and meditate.
In fact, I sure did appreciate your meditations.

If I didn't believe in God, and a future for me with him, I don't see how I would get through a typical day.

I used to be much plagued by worries about past mistakes, worries about what the future would bring. I would stay awake for hours, unable to sleep.

But now I've reached an age and maturity where I am at peace. I have no trouble getting to sleep.

Forum List

Back