To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate

Do You Think Children & Adults Should Be Vaccinated

• Yes, the doctors say so

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, chemicals don't belong in our bodies

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
With so much debate swirling throughout the media, its hard to make a decision about vaccinations.
This is especially true with infants and young children. Their brains and young bodies are still growing and maturing, why should we interfere with the natural progression of things?

I'd like to see both sides with evidence-from both sides.
I'm personally anti-vax and I've decided to be this way from research I've done.
I've also come to my decision because the CDC won't tell us the way vaccines are made, what tests are done to verify their safety and efficacy, and the true ingredients in these chemical-laden formulas.

What are your thoughts?
YOU are anti-vaccine. BUT you want other peoples thoughts.

Then why did you word you poll in such an insulting manner?

Her poll is a good example of how biased questions are designed to drive results towards desired outcomes.

She's anti-vaccine because she's never seen a family member struck down by any of the diseases that wide-spread vaccination has made rare. The arrogance of the safe and protected....who ultimately will disdain the very things that provide their safe and protected status.

Vaccinations for things like measles, the flu, pertussis, tetanus, diptheria, polio...absolutely it's foolish not to be vaccinated (adults too). Because although you might not be felled by the flu, the 6 month old baby next door could very well die of it, and quickly.

The stupid HPV *vaccine* for girls...they push that every time I take my daughter to the doctor's office, and it's hogwash. They're pushing a vaccine that may or may not help the like 4000 cases of cervical cancer per year in the us.

I don't see the justification for it at all. When a vaccine works, there's no question that the rate of infection decreases. I don't think there's any evidence whatever that the rate of infection/the cancer rate is affected at ALL by that particular "vaccination".

And I'm tired of the nurse trying to push it on us.

As per the CDC there were 12,109 new cases of cervical CA reported in the US in 2011. There were 4092 deaths.

That's one in three who die from it folks.

The bad thing about cervical CA is that it often goes unnoticed until there is peri-menses or peri-coital bleeding, which is often ignored for a long time. When cervical CA is found, it has often metastasized and it's too late.

4092 deaths...I think that's what I was referring to but meh.

And I don't believe there's any evidence at all that the innoculation has reduced the rate of death.

At least, there was no such claim in the required reading I was provided a month or so ago when I was in the doctor's office with my daughter.

It is too soon to expect the vaccine to reduce the mortality rate. I don't know of any statistics to show that it has reduced the morbidity rate, but I would expect that to come out soon.

The side effects are minimal, and most likely not actually linked to the vaccine itself but rather linked to the age of those getting the vaccine and the actual physical injection.

If it does reduce cervical CA (and it probably does), then it's a good thing. Cervical CA sucks.

She's anti-vaccine because she's never seen a family member struck down by any of the diseases that wide-spread vaccination has made rare. The arrogance of the safe and protected....who ultimately will disdain the very things that provide their safe and protected status.

I commented to her in another thread that she can only afford to not vaccinate because so many others keep disease at bay by being vaccinated themselves.

It's a First World Luxury to disdain life-saving vaccines. The attitude is quite similar to coastal elites who are Anti-Fossil Fuels and Anti-Development because the already have "theirs".

With influenza vaccines, small pox vaccines, rubella vaccines...the effect was IMMEDIATELY evident.

It's mostly barking mad liberals wot rail against vaccination when they are still alive because their parents had THEM vaccinated. Given the possibility that liberalism might be inherited, it may be a good thing that they are leaving their git unprotected. Sooner rid of them; better.

With influenza vaccines, small pox vaccines, rubella vaccines...the effect was IMMEDIATELY evident.

Not necessarily true. Takes several days/weeks/months for full immunity of a person. It requires various percentages of immunity within a community for the benefits of herd immunity to take affect.

They all take a while. HPV vaccine is the first "anti-cancer" vaccines. Cancer takes a LOT longer to "start" than infectious diseases, so the effects of the vaccine will take longer to show itself.

It's mostly barking mad liberals wot rail against vaccination when they are still alive because their parents had THEM vaccinated. Given the possibility that liberalism might be inherited, it may be a good thing that they are leaving their git unprotected. Sooner rid of them; better.

You're as bad as Luddy and Dean.....

No. What I said is that the evidence, in terms of LIVES SAVED, was immediately evident after those vaccinations were distributed among the population.

Not so with the herpes one.

And certain to live far longer, having been vaccinated against a horde of sicknesses plus keeping "booster" doses up to date. This week it's the new and improved flu shot and a booster for pneumonia. Some doctors say that's a lifetime thing; others say have it redone every 5 years. Contrary to what suicidal libs believe, pneumonia is NOT "the old man's friend".

Last edited:
Her poll is a good example of how biased questions are designed to drive results towards desired outcomes.
Yep. Reminds Me of a CNN/Gallup or New York Times poll.

It also reveals the agenda of some people. After all, don't you know that we all make decisions because the doctor told us that we should.

:eusa_think:

"The United States recorded 206,000 cases of diphtheria in 1921, resulting in 15,520 deaths."
"Since the introduction of effective immunization, starting in the 1920s, diphtheria rates have dropped dramatically in the United States and other countries that vaccinate widely. Between 2004 and 2008, no cases of diphtheria were recorded in the United States."

The diptheria rates dropped immediately and dramatically upon vaccination of the public.

The same with the flu and measles and the other killers the whackos seem to think we're grown immune to..despite the fact that those diseases still kill with impunity in places that don't regularly vaccinate.

morons.

Diphtheria mdash Timelines mdash History of Vaccines

And certain to live far longer, having been vaccinated against a horde if sicknesses plus keeping "booster" doses up to date. This week it's the new and improved flu shot and a booster for pneumonia. Some doctors say that's a lifetime thing; others say have it redone every 5 years. Contrary to what suicidal libs believe, pneumonia is NOT "the old man's friend".

Infectious diseases aren't anyone's friends except for Statists who want to eliminate the unproductive population. Shortening the lifespan so that people die more quickly after they are no longer net contributors to the tax machine is very Utilitarian.

When I was young, the scourge of an earlier era was still around, People in wheel chairs or with leg braces. The cause? Polio. Jonas Salk found a way to vaccinate against this disease and improved the lives of generations to come.

Now some question whether or not vaccinations should be used? If only the people of the 30's and 40's had this question posed to them, there would be little debate on the issue.

Forum List

Back