To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate

Do You Think Children & Adults Should Be Vaccinated

• Yes, the doctors say so

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, chemicals don't belong in our bodies

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Do you have a point? Other than proving the ones I've made?

Haven't seen you make a single point that addresses anything I have posted, so whatever you have proven in the dark corners of your imagination I will leave up to your dark corners to argue with. Civilization is not collapsing because people are not getting vaccines. This is a back-door anti-immigration, elitist, and xenophobic red herring that brings the bigots from the right and the left together. Immunize yours if you so desire, and let others live or die by their own decisions. That is what freedom is.
I would say your point is well taken except that when you don't immunize your child, you put others at risk such as kids that aren't eligible for immunization, kids in other countries where the vaccination isn't available, and of course kids with stupid parents.

Haven't seen you make a single point that addresses anything I have posted, so whatever you have proven in the dark corners of your imagination I will leave up to your dark corners to argue with. Civilization is not collapsing because people are not getting vaccines. This is a back-door anti-immigration, elitist, and xenophobic red herring that brings the bigots from the right and the left together. Immunize yours if you so desire, and let others live or die by their own decisions. That is what freedom is.
I would say your point is well taken except that when you don't immunize your child, you put others at risk such as kids that aren't eligible for immunization, kids in other countries where the vaccination isn't available, and of course kids with stupid parents.
Stupidity seems to be the real First World disease.

Again. I know that.

My POINT was that non-vaccinated children who are licking slides are more likely to pick up worms and ecoli than they are to infect my vaccinated children with influenza and the mumps.

Clank. Clank. Clank. Try to change gears. But first push in the clutch.

You are talking to someone who ignores the hundreds of scientific (and repeatable) studies that show the benefits of vaccines FAR outweigh the risks. Don't expect those gears to work.....

10620754_767310363338975_81587574142729853_n.jpg

People are at risk whenever they go out into public for things far worse than mumps for which we don't vaccinate/don't have a vax. People owe no duty to protect other people's kids from getting sick, and it is doubtful some kid in Sri Lanka is going to get measles because a Christian Scientist/granola eater in Minneapolis decided not to give their child the MMR vax.

I know, it boggles the mind.

Get the flu, and risk death and the spread of the virus to others who might die..

Or get the shot, and skip severe illness, and don't spread it at all.

Hmmmmmm....

People are at risk whenever they go out into public for things far worse than mumps for which we don't vaccinate/don't have a vax. People owe no duty to protect other people's kids from getting sick, and it is doubtful some kid in Sri Lanka is going to get measles because a Christian Scientist/granola eater in Minneapolis decided not to give their child the MMR vax.

Kids in Sri Lanka already die from mumps in droves.

Nobody is arguing that people in the US getting mumps are going to infect people in Sri Lanka (who already are getting the mumps). You're presenting a completely false dilemma, as you have been all through the thread.

The DANGER with not vaccinating isn't that society will fall...society is going to fall ultimately anyway.

It's that it's fucking RETARDED to reject a health policy that so painlessly and effectively has halted serious, deadly diseases in their tracks.

It's like saying "Well when I wash my hands I don't get shit in my mouth and contract ecoli...so obviously, I don't need to wash my hands! After all, I haven't been sick!"

But of course I know why people want to stop vaccinations.

It is because ultimately, they want people to die, and the population to decrease. It's that simple.

Nobody is arguing that people in the US getting mumps are going to infect people in Sri Lanka (who already are getting the mumps). You're presenting a completely false dilemma, as you have been all through the thread.

The DANGER with not vaccinating isn't that society will fall...society is going to fall ultimately anyway.

It's that it's fucking RETARDED to reject a health policy that so painlessly and effectively has halted serious, deadly diseases in their tracks.

It's like saying "Well when I wash my hands I don't get shit in my mouth and contract ecoli...so obviously, I don't need to wash my hands! After all, I haven't been sick!"

I was replying to someone who said that people not vaccinating their kids puts kids in other countries at risk, so when you claim that nobody is arguing something, you might want to read the post of the person I am addressing and not just denying reality.

As for the rest of your post, anybody who claims to be a humanist who thinks that all humans should think exactly as they do reminds me of why humanism in its modern form reminds me more of "The parts of Naziism that the disaffected WASPS like" than classical humanism. If people want to vax their kids, more more to them. If people don't, more power to them.

I was replying to someone who said that people not vaccinating their kids puts kids in other countries at risk, so when you claim that nobody is arguing something, you might want to read the post of the person I am addressing and not just denying reality.

As for the rest of your post, anybody who claims to be a humanist who thinks that all humans should think exactly as they do reminds me of why humanism in its modern form reminds me more of "The parts of Naziism that the disaffected WASPS like" than classical humanism. If people want to vax their kids, more more to them. If people don't, more power to them.

I don't think you should think like me. Try to stick to the topic. Seriously, you're all over the place, and you're not making sense.

Yes, there are worst diseases, but the likelihood of catching mumps can be significantly reduce and with enough immunization, it can be eradicated.
The chance of catching mumps, measles, diphtheria, or whooping cough, are very low with or without immunization and the chance of catching polio or small pox is almost zero due to immunization. The more people that are immunized for viruses and bacteria the less carriers there will be spreading the disease.

Just before the measles vaccination was licensed in 1962, there were about a 150,000 cases a year and not all cases were reported. Ten years ago, we were on the verge of eliminating Measles in the US with only 50 reported cases. This year, we are at a 20 year high with 600 cases reported through Aug. If the current trends continue, measles will once again become a common childhood disease due to the rising number of unvaccinated children..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back