To Vaccinate or Not To Vaccinate

Do You Think Children & Adults Should Be Vaccinated

• Yes, the doctors say so

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • No, chemicals don't belong in our bodies

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
"The United States recorded 206,000 cases of diphtheria in 1921, resulting in 15,520 deaths."
"Since the introduction of effective immunization, starting in the 1920s, diphtheria rates have dropped dramatically in the United States and other countries that vaccinate widely. Between 2004 and 2008, no cases of diphtheria were recorded in the United States."

The diptheria rates dropped immediately and dramatically upon vaccination of the public.

The same with the flu and measles and the other killers the whackos seem to think we're grown immune to..despite the fact that those diseases still kill with impunity in places that don't regularly vaccinate.

morons.

Diphtheria mdash Timelines mdash History of Vaccines

You would think with such a high success rate, they would know what they are doing. Glad you are here to teach us otherwise.

HPV Vaccine and Rates of Genital Warts
---
Researchers analyzed a database of more than 1 million patients and found that since Australia began providing the HPV vaccine free to women ages 15-27 in 2007, the rate of genital warts fell 61% from four years before the vaccination program began.

The team from the University of Sydney saw no significant change in the rates of genital warts among other age groups not covered by the program, and other sexually transmitted infections didn’t decrease over this period. That suggests the vaccine is responsible, not a change in sexual behavior, the authors say.
---

"The United States recorded 206,000 cases of diphtheria in 1921, resulting in 15,520 deaths."
"Since the introduction of effective immunization, starting in the 1920s, diphtheria rates have dropped dramatically in the United States and other countries that vaccinate widely. Between 2004 and 2008, no cases of diphtheria were recorded in the United States."

The diptheria rates dropped immediately and dramatically upon vaccination of the public.

The same with the flu and measles and the other killers the whackos seem to think we're grown immune to..despite the fact that those diseases still kill with impunity in places that don't regularly vaccinate.

morons.

You would think with such a high success rate, they would know what they are doing. Glad you are here to teach us otherwise.

Who is *they*?

I am capable of seeing with my own eyes whether something is actually making a difference or not.

There was absolutely no question that lives were saved, and immediately, by polio, smallpox, measles, and influenza vaccinations.

Not so much, the HPV *vaccination*.

Every now and then, "they" go on a tangent. That's when it's a good idea to have a modicom of common sense.

---
Researchers analyzed a database of more than 1 million patients and found that since Australia began providing the HPV vaccine free to women ages 15-27 in 2007, the rate of genital warts fell 61% from four years before the vaccination program began.

The team from the University of Sydney saw no significant change in the rates of genital warts among other age groups not covered by the program, and other sexually transmitted infections didn’t decrease over this period. That suggests the vaccine is responsible, not a change in sexual behavior, the authors say.
---

Resistance to vaccination spans the political spectrum.
The reasons span everything from resistance to putting 'un-natural' substances into the body to suspicion of governments using it to control the population.

I'd also ask for a complete list of adverse reactions and ingredients. If the doctor refuses, then you know something is up.

That doesn't concern me so much as batches. I have asked my doctors to not use a brand new batch when they are poking me. I knew a girl who got a dose from the same batch # as one of the meningitis outbreaks on some drug when she was having a spinal procedure. She was on pins and needles but fortunately did not catch it.

---

---
You don't seem to understand how scientists word things of you think that is not solid proof that the vaccine is a good idea.

The worst happens when the parent of a child who does have a reaction gets on a soapbox and convinces other parents to not get their kids vaccinated. We feel for your pain, but don't add to it by setting up other kids for the disease the vaccine would have protected them against. What you experienced is a fluke, NOT the norm.

The only ones I've seen rail against vaccines are leftist nutjobs. democrats and the left in general are anti-science.

But not to the extent that you'll inject any un-proven serum into your body, I hope.

I'm very interested in vaccines for those bugs you can get just by walking into a room....or perhaps sharing a drink.

I'm not so fanatical and pro-vaccine when it comes to using iffy innoculations on my pre-teen daughter for diseases that may or may not be caused by an std.

The worst happens when the parent of a child who does have a reaction gets on a soapbox and convinces other parents to not get their kids vaccinated. We feel for your pain, but don't add to it by setting up other kids for the disease the vaccine would have protected them against. What you experienced is a fluke, NOT the norm.

The only ones I've seen rail against vaccines are leftist nutjobs. democrats and the left in general are anti-science.
Oh, that's hilarious right there!

5 to 1 the OP is an Obamabot.

5 to 1 the OP is an Obamabot.
Fine...I don't care.
Tell us more about how the Republicans are the pro-science party.

Fine...I don't care.

One party attacks scientific breakthroughs like genetic engineering to increase food production. Ask virtually any leftist about GMO's and expect a barrage of anti-science vitriol that would make any Luddite blush.

Fine...I don't care.

One party attacks scientific breakthroughs like genetic engineering to increase food production. Ask virtually any leftist about GMO's and expect a barrage of anti-science vitriol that would make any Luddite blush.
Fine...I don't care.

One party attacks scientific breakthroughs like evolution.

Which party has attacked GMOs?

morons.

Who is *they*?

I am capable of seeing with my own eyes whether something is actually making a difference or not.

There was absolutely no question that lives were saved, and immediately, by polio, smallpox, measles, and influenza vaccinations.

Every now and then, "they" go on a tangent. That's when it's a good idea to have a modicom of common sense.

Who are "they"? Well, we know it's not right wingers or Republicans giving us such a high success rate with vaccines. Who does that leave?

Nice to know scientists and researchers have no "common sense" but you do. Somehow knowing they introduced a vaccine that does nothing and had no research, data or study to support it. Thanks for giving us your "teaching moment".

morons.

Who is *they*?

Who are "they"? Well, we know it's not right wingers or Republicans giving us such a high success rate with vaccines. Who does that leave?

Nice to know scientists and researchers have no "common sense" but you do. Somehow knowing they introduced a vaccine that does nothing and had no research, data or study to support it. Thanks for giving us your "teaching moment".

I think I'm going to put you on ignore. I can't believe I wasted the time it took to read that.

Fine...I don't care.

Fine...I don't care.

One party attacks scientific breakthroughs like evolution.

Which party has attacked GMOs?
The left. Are you not aware of the blatantly obvious. There is more of course such as the completely unfounded vitriol against fracking and nuclear (or ANYTHING that is energy based not solar/wind).

You find attacks against science all over the political spectrum. It is not mired in any particular party more than the other. It is a matter of WHAT is attacked. Any science that does not agree with the narrative is attacked weather or not it is merited.

In all fairness, the ‘anti science’ attack is almost always coming from the left against the right (at least here on this board). It is one of RDeans favorite statements. A characterization that is utterly incorrect. Neither party does not like any facts that disagree with given policies they wish to push.

Forum List

Back