CDZ To Trick-Or Treat Or Not To Trick-Or-Treat? (That Is The Question)

I lost count of the kids after about 75, but would guess we had about 200 to 225. It was a good time, had my dog out for a while with her butterfly wings, but she was getting too much love and was going into attention overdose. My cul-de-sac does it up well, everyone at the end of their driveway with a fire pit if you have one and just having a good time as the kidos show up.

It is cute how you use the word "diverse" to avoid sounding like a racist jerk. Not that it worked, but it was still cute none the less.
Let me correct to present day.
Over the years the old neighborhood was enriched by differing cultures. Older representatives of enrichment beat up smaller children to encourage donations of candy. The candy equity representatives then spread cultural joy to the park where donations from small children now included Dollar Store prizes. Seizing on a Constitutional right to happiness, the social justice warriors tore down all of the decorations and stomped them into broken trash.

Equity and respect for differing cultures has been advanced. The children trick or treat only to family or a few close friends. The park no longer has parties.

And it was good.

I have always loved Halloween. When I was a kid we would go trick or treating all over.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

Then why didn't you join in with my thirteen days till Halloween and spooktactular Halloween party on here? :(

I used to love to go trick-or-treating. With my mom when I was really little and my friends when I was older, but I guess that because it's a different world today some people (not me) don't think it's a good idea to let kids go candy hunting. So I was wondering what you guys thought.
My youngest is at the perfect age to really enjoy trick-or-treating, which he certainly did. My oldest is almost old enough to be too cool for trick-or-treating but I had fun hanging out with his friends anyway.

Let me correct to present day.
Over the years the old neighborhood was enriched by differing cultures. Older representatives of enrichment beat up smaller children to encourage donations of candy. The candy equity representatives then spread cultural joy to the park where donations from small children now included Dollar Store prizes. Seizing on a Constitutional right to happiness, the social justice warriors tore down all of the decorations and stomped them into broken trash.

Equity and respect for differing cultures has been advanced. The children trick or treat only to family or a few close friends. The park no longer has parties.

And it was good.
lol great stuff.

I used to love to go trick-or-treating. With my mom when I was really little and my friends when I was older, but I guess that because it's a different world today some people (not me) don't think it's a good idea to let kids go candy hunting. So I was wondering what you guys thought.

It's not "wonderful" to us, because we're older and have so much BS going through our brains about society. But trick or treating isn't for us. It's for the kids. So yes, let them trick or treat and be kids before they're old enough to understand how we've screwed up the world.

It's not "wonderful" to us, because we're older and have so much BS going through our brains about society. But trick or treating isn't for us. It's for the kids. So yes, let them trick or treat and be kids before they're old enough to understand how we've screwed up the world.

I think trick-or-treating is the last vestige of neighborhoods being actual communities. It's pretty much the only interaction most people have with the people who live around them. I'm sad to see it going by the wayside.

I think trick-or-treating is the last vestige of neighborhoods being actual communities. It's pretty much the only interaction most people have with the people who live around them. I'm sad to see it going by the wayside.

Makes me wonder if there were customs that have gone by the wayside now, that we never knew about. You know, things that were fading out when our grandparents were alive.

Makes me wonder if there were customs that have gone by the wayside now, that we never knew about. You know, things that were fading out when our grandparents were alive.

Well, yeah. Back in our grandparents' day, people didn't have the mobility that they do today, and the population wasn't concentrated in large, anonymous cities to the extent that it is today. (And, of course, the Internet didn't exist.) So they had to shop, attend school, go to church, and socialize in the same area they lived in. The people who lived on your block were also the people in the next pew on Sunday, the people who were at your PTA meetings, the people you ran into at the grocery store.

Forum List

Back