CDZ Why are national treasures like Lynnewood hall not protected ??

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Such a place should be on the national historical record (which it probably is), restored, protected, and sold to an American or group of American's that would respect it, and continue the historical preservation of it until passing the torch to another. We have many great historical places undoubtedly left to rot and decay, but why are we not a proud America that values our history, struggles, and triumphs over the years past ?? What a treasure. Seems such a waste seeing the condition it is being left in.

Such a place should be on the national historical record (which it probably is), restored, protected, and sold to an American or group of American's that would respect it, and continue the historical preservation of it until passing the torch to another. We have many great historical places undoubtedly left to rot and decay, but why are we not a proud America that values our history, struggles, and triumphs over the years past ?? What a treasure. Seems such a waste seeing the condition it is being left in.

So do something. Start a foundation, contact your Congress critters, make a go fund me. Just griping about it here won't make any difference.

So do something. Start a foundation, contact your Congress critters, make a go fund me. Just griping about it here won't make any difference.
I'm not griping.. lol

Just making an observation is all, but it appears that you have some ideas that others might think about if interested. Thanks for your input even if it was a sarcastic one. LOL.

Cost of restoration is probably thru the roof. Who owns it
Not sure who owns it, but it looks as if it would be one worth restoring or keeping around. Nothing cheap about it, so restoring it shouldn't be as extensive as others that have been left to deteriorate way to far before restoration is attempted. Saw some old castles in some of these types of video's that were way gone, but someone took up the fight, and brought them back somehow. It's time consuming more than anything, but patience is a definite thing involved.

Would make a "grand hotel", otherwise a neat destination place I would imagine, and it could then incorporate a newly constructed community around it that would also add to it's historical significance within the community that would rise up around it.

Those Alcatraz cuffs they found were neat. Call me a nerd, but I like these types of video's that show our history, and our accumulated wealth in which the world marveled at because of the contributions we made to the world.. We then see the rewards for those contributions as is shown in our creations that were constructed and based off of those rewards.

I'm not griping.. lol

Just making an observation is all, but it appears that you have some ideas that others might think about if interested. Thanks for your input even if it was a sarcastic one. LOL.
It wasn't sarcastic, I'm getting a bit tired of everyone assuming everything is somebody else's problem to solve. Sorry of I came off a bit harsh. My apologies.

It wasn't sarcastic, I'm getting a bit tired of everyone assuming everything is somebody else's problem to solve. Sorry of I came off a bit harsh. My apologies.
Wasn't assuming anything, just marveling at what we throw away in our own country, and then turn right around to build mega this and mega that only to fail miserably again. The series abandoned is a good one also

Just another rich man's house.
Not jealous myself, because you have to consider the contributions made, otherwise before making such a weak analogy about historical sights, and of value's that had once gave the stepping stones in which allowed us to develope the nation that you so enjoy today.

Is this near Linden Hall in Lititz?

It is owned by a korean church in New York; it was listed for sale a few years ago for $17M, and there is a preservation group that hopes to acquire and restore it Lynnewood Hall Preservation Foundation Inc - Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia

Now if I were someone like Bezos, I would snatch that thing up instead of wasting a billion on a roller coaster ride to the edge of the atmostphere.
Exactly right.... So much money is wasted because -well- people just got to do their own thing for bragging rights I guess. You know the thinking of hey "I did that", but on the more economical side one would think "wow", now just what exactly can I do with that place in which has such a great start, otherwise in order to preserve such a treasure, and then make it my own all at the same time" ?

Being that it is in PA, one would think that the government would've had an interest in the site for something. It looks like it has the same type architectural design that the building's in Washington have.

Could make it an insane asylum or psychiatric hospital for all the crazies we are dealing with these days or better yet make it a home for the poor souls who are lost, homeless, and need rehabilitated. They would work for the duration of their stay there, by helping to maintain that place, and getting the help that they need while there all at the same time.

Forum List

Back