To those who oppose the Keystone XL pipeline for environmental reasons

we need more oil ... TO SELL !

U.S. Oil Exports Hit 57 Year High - Breitbart

After becoming the world’s largest producer of natural gas in 2010, the United States also became the world’s largest producer of petroleum last month. With U.S. production and exports driving crude oil prices down and forcing other producers to crank up production to maintain cash flow..

come on TD, remind everyone how much My country needs YOUR country.

I've never said how much your country needs my country in particular. You import from a wide variety of sources as need be.

I have said we are your number one supplier. Which is a fact. Oh and we do buy not only refined products back but raw crude as well.

It's called commerce between two friendly nations.

Like from the Bakkens. Did you know it was the Bakken crude travelling on rail was what ignited in the Lac Megantic rail disaster?

I believe that transporting crude needs to be discussed vigorously to have a proper debate on which method we employ. From what I've researched intently as a conservationist I'm picking my poison. I choose pipeline over rail and transport truck.

Rail to me is a disaster waiting to happen because rail lines go thru many cities and towns and I sure as hell don't want to see another Lac Megantic EVAH.

Close to 50 people burned alive man. With Bakken crude on rail.

Lac-Megantic-Oil-Fire.jpg
My problem with the Keystone pipeline has less to do with the environment, and much more to do with the fact that they're stealing private land via eminent domain to build it on.

The fact that the people who will have the pipeline running through their backyards are opposed to it is enough reason for me to oppose it.

I'm curious as to how you guys reconcile your claims of "property rights" with your support of government-enforced theft of private property.

They did it for the interstate system. Where were you crying in your grits for those people? Or is it only evil if its an oil pipeline?

Most persons are able to drive on the Interstates. Will I be able to make use of the pipelines?

Yea, the gas in your tank would cost half of what it used to. THAT would benefit everyone.

And no, putting a road through the farmers field down the street benefits locals only. There is no benefit to the man living on 124 Main street in San Francisco. So it does NOT benefit the entire nation.

FALSE

KXL will divert Tar Sands oil now supplying Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel. These additional costs (estimated to total $2–4 billion) will suppress other spending and will therefore cost jobs.

Cornell University | ILR School

Far left propaganda..

You are one ignorant fuck. All you do is spew far right wing propaganda. NEVER anything with documentation.

Liberals worry about the environment being harmed by this pipeline, and won't even take the State Department's word that the project would have little to no impact on the environment. Well, let me see if I can't ram some reality through some really thick heads.

This is from the final impact report which was issued in January 2014

On March 11, 2010, the NEB issued its Reasons for Decision granting Keystone’s application. The NEB’s Reasons for Decision included an Environmental Screening Report (ESR) that was prepared to meet the requirements of Canadian Environmental Assessment Act for the Canadian portion of the proposed pipeline. The ESR concluded that implementation of the proposed pipeline in Canada would not likely result in significant adverse environmental effects with incorporation of Keystone’s proposed measures to avoid or minimize impacts and with Keystone’s acceptance of the NEB’s regulatory requirements and recommended conditions attached to the ESR (see also Section 4.15.4.1, Canadian National Energy Board Environmental Analysis of the Proposed Project, for a listing of NEB’s conditions).

Chapter 1, Section 7, ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW OF THE CANADIAN PORTION OF THE KEYSTONE 1.7
XL PROJECT, Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement

And this is Chapter 4, Section 16, or a list of all the potential impacts of the project...and what I see reading through it. is that there are negligible or limited impacts to the surrounding environment:

http://keystonepipeline-xl.state.gov/documents/organization/221192.pdf

Given these things, it would be reasonable to assume that the same circumstances would be true here in the United States. So, what other rationales are there for stopping this project? In the time it has taken to block this project, (over 5 years) the pipeline could already be close to completion.
A) Most of the supposedly "smart" environmentalists don't seem to be aware of these 185,000 miles of pipeline already criss-crossing the USA!
B) Almost all have no math skills because obviously they don't know the difference between 1 million barrels traveling one mile in an oil tanker in an area know for "winter hurricanes" AND 700 barrels traveling one mile in pipeline on dry ground!
View attachment 36399

And ignorant shills like you don't even know the difference between oil and diluted bitumen (dilbit) from tar sands. DO YOU pea brain?

After becoming the world’s largest producer of natural gas in 2010, the United States also became the world’s largest producer of petroleum last month. With U.S. production and exports driving crude oil prices down and forcing other producers to crank up production to maintain cash flow..

I've never said how much your country needs my country in particular. You import from a wide variety of sources as need be.

I have said we are your number one supplier. Which is a fact. Oh and we do buy not only refined products back but raw crude as well.

Like from the Bakkens. Did you know it was the Bakken crude travelling on rail was what ignited in the Lac Megantic rail disaster?

I believe that transporting crude needs to be discussed vigorously to have a proper debate on which method we employ. From what I've researched intently as a conservationist I'm picking my poison. I choose pipeline over rail and transport truck.

Rail to me is a disaster waiting to happen because rail lines go thru many cities and towns and I sure as hell don't want to see another Lac Megantic EVAH.

They did it for the interstate system. Where were you crying in your grits for those people? Or is it only evil if its an oil pipeline?

Most persons are able to drive on the Interstates. Will I be able to make use of the pipelines?

Yea, the gas in your tank would cost half of what it used to. THAT would benefit everyone.

And no, putting a road through the farmers field down the street benefits locals only. There is no benefit to the man living on 124 Main street in San Francisco. So it does NOT benefit the entire nation.

FALSE

KXL will divert Tar Sands oil now supplying Midwest refineries, so it can be sold at higher prices to the Gulf Coast and export markets. As a result, consumers in the Midwest could be paying 10 to 20 cents more per gallon for gasoline and diesel fuel. These additional costs (estimated to total $2–4 billion) will suppress other spending and will therefore cost jobs.

Far left propaganda..

You are one ignorant fuck. All you do is spew far right wing propaganda. NEVER anything with documentation.

Posting far left propaganda is documentation of far left religious propaganda..

Liberals worry about the environment being harmed by this pipeline, and won't even take the State Department's word that the project would have little to no impact on the environment. Well, let me see if I can't ram some reality through some really thick heads.

On March 11, 2010, the NEB issued its Reasons for Decision granting Keystone’s application. The NEB’s Reasons for Decision included an Environmental Screening Report (ESR) that was prepared to meet the requirements of Canadian Environmental Assessment Act for the Canadian portion of the proposed pipeline. The ESR concluded that implementation of the proposed pipeline in Canada would not likely result in significant adverse environmental effects with incorporation of Keystone’s proposed measures to avoid or minimize impacts and with Keystone’s acceptance of the NEB’s regulatory requirements and recommended conditions attached to the ESR (see also Section 4.15.4.1, Canadian National Energy Board Environmental Analysis of the Proposed Project, for a listing of NEB’s conditions).

Chapter 1, Section 7, ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW OF THE CANADIAN PORTION OF THE KEYSTONE 1.7

And this is Chapter 4, Section 16, or a list of all the potential impacts of the project...and what I see reading through it. is that there are negligible or limited impacts to the surrounding environment:

Given these things, it would be reasonable to assume that the same circumstances would be true here in the United States. So, what other rationales are there for stopping this project? In the time it has taken to block this project, (over 5 years) the pipeline could already be close to completion.
A) Most of the supposedly "smart" environmentalists don't seem to be aware of these 185,000 miles of pipeline already criss-crossing the USA!
B) Almost all have no math skills because obviously they don't know the difference between 1 million barrels traveling one mile in an oil tanker in an area know for "winter hurricanes" AND 700 barrels traveling one mile in pipeline on dry ground!
View attachment 36399

Keystone is not for our benefit. That's the real issue.

View attachment 36399

And ignorant shills like you don't even know the difference between oil and diluted bitumen (dilbit) from tar sands. DO YOU pea brain?

And the far left will deny anything that is not part of the religious propaganda.

View attachment 36399

Says the far left drone that votes far left as their rich white far left masters tell them..

View attachment 36399

Says the far left drone that votes far left as their rich white far left masters tell them..

So you can't name a single real net benefit for the US that only the Keystone pipeline can provide.

Big surprise.

FALSE

Far left propaganda..

Is the Kalamazoo River pipeline spill propaganda? What do you know about it Kosh? What do you know about diluted bitumen (dilbit) and what happens to it when it spills into waterways?

PLEASE show me you have a brain...I will be waiting...

View attachment 36399

So you can't name a single real net benefit for the US that only the Keystone pipeline can provide.

Big surprise.

Once again the far left posts known far left propaganda and expects others to prove them wrong!

Driving is hazardous and yet you still do it, why?

FALSE

Far left propaganda..

Is the Kalamazoo River pipeline spill propaganda? What do you know about it Kosh? What do you know about diluted bitumen (dilbit) and what happens to it when it spills into waterways?

The far left drones commenting about brains that is real rich!

Do you drive a car? why?

View attachment 36399

Big surprise.

Once again the far left posts known far left propaganda and expects others to prove them wrong!

Why build a pipeline that is of no benefit?

View attachment 36399

Big surprise.

Big surprise.

He's a chicken shit New Yorker. You know, the ones that banned fracking in their state.

Big surprise.

Typical right wing extremist deflection.

Big surprise.

Typical right wing extremist deflection.

Yes we know that anyone to the far left that is not far left is a "right wing extremist"..

FALSE

Far left propaganda..

The far left drones commenting about brains that is real rich!

Do you drive a car? why?

AGAIN...Is the Kalamazoo River pipeline spill propaganda? What do you know about it Kosh? What do you know about diluted bitumen (dilbit) and what happens to it when it spills into waterways?

Do clean up methods used for an oil spill work on a diluted bitumen (dilbit) spill? How are they different Kosh?

Stop being a mindless parrot and answer my questions.

Big surprise.

He's a chicken shit New Yorker. You know, the ones that banned fracking in their state.

Big surprise.

Kosh is incapable of naming a single unique benefit to the US to building the Keystone pipeline.

Can you ?

Big surprise.

Big surprise.

Kosh is incapable of naming a single unique benefit to the US to building the Keystone pipeline.

Can you ?
Yeah- here's five of them... to the back of your head, Brotch. :slap:

Big surprise.

Big surprise.

Can you ?

Can you ?

20 million tons of agricultural chemicals spread of 900 million acres in this country, yearly and for generation after generation.

Yet... no on gives a flying fuck, not even NYJellybeaner. Why not? :dunno:

Forum List

Back