CDZ To Spank Or Not To Spank, That Is The Question

Do You Believe In Corporal Punishment?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I've started this topic on other forums in the past because I keep looking for different opinions, but I was just wondering,.. do you guys believe in corporal punishment? Yes, or no? I believe in it but I also don't believe that it should be overused.

My parents did when I was little, but as I grew older my father found grabbing my ear and twisting it a little bit was far more effective at getting me to stop being a brat.
At a certain age as kids get older taking privileges and especially electronics away works wonders.

The little demons can't live without their phones.

Looking at nature, we see that mothers of many species do deliver a swat or equivalent from time to time. Humans have a problem with regulating things, however, so enormous care needs to be taken. As a general rule, men should not strike female children.

ahhh lawdie....i spanked my son not lot...now the 7 yr old and 3 yr old i take care of i dont spank...i have swatted them both...unlike some people... Otis Mayfield i dont hit a child to teach it not to hit another child...hell let them get in a few good wacks...i do...first couple of wacks are free after that ....i just separate them...

Depends on who the corporate punishment comes from. Parents? Yes. Butts were made for flat handed spanks. Schools doing it? Only if they want to be beat to a pulp by the parent.

Depends on age and circumstances....
In general I have found restriction to be most effective... and when very young, serious tone works.

I think any physical reinforcement is mostly for those that can't work it any other way

My parents did when I was little, but as I grew older my father found grabbing my ear and twisting it a little bit was far more effective at getting me to stop being a brat.

WTF seriously!?

Looking at nature, we see that mothers of many species do deliver a swat or equivalent from time to time. Humans have a problem with regulating things, however, so enormous care needs to be taken. As a general rule, men should not strike female children.

Yeah, like this one for instance.

Two swats on the butt for young ones putting them self's in danger.
Time out is most likely the best.
Older children Chore, removal of privilege's plus conversation ( not lecture)

Yes. Not as a first response, but definitely as part of the response continuum for severe and/or repeated behavior issues. Discipline must be maintained for a home to operate properly. Sometimes that is going to require physical discipline.

ahhh lawdie....i spanked my son not lot...now the 7 yr old and 3 yr old i take care of i dont spank...i have swatted them both...unlike some people... Otis Mayfield i dont hit a child to teach it not to hit another child...hell let them get in a few good wacks...i do...first couple of wacks are free after that ....i just separate them...

Aw yes! I see you take the Bob Marley approach he always kept those two joints separated... two in the morning, two in the afternoon, two at night... if only more parents thought this way!

I was raised in a generation that believed that being told no and proceeding otherwise resulted in a spanking as a means of punishment. We were provided a strong moral foundation. As parent(s) employed the same behavior when called for. Our children listened, did as they were told, or suffered the consequences. There is no other punishment with such a profound impact as “wait until your father gets home”. My children grew up to be accomplished respectful citizens and their children listen and do as they are told.

Last edited:
Spanking is most effective when a child is very young and needs a swat on the butt to convince them that they really do have to obey mom and dad. If you haven't got that bluff in by age five, you might as well give it up.

It needs to be done with calculation, not emotion. Kids will pick up quick if you spank out of anger and they will likely grow up and do the same to their kids.

Forum List

Back