To hell with the GOP

House conservative seeks John Boehner's ouster

North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows had heard from leading conservatives that trying to oust Speaker John Boehner right now was a bad idea.

Until now, the North Carolina Republican had taken small steps to undermine Boehner — he voted against procedural motions and against Boehner for speaker. Now he’s declared all-out war, and he could quickly find out how many people are willing to back him up.

“It’s really more about trying to have a conversation about making this place work,” Meadows said. “Hopefully we’ll have some discussions about that in the days and weeks to come. It’s more about having an inclusive process where you have debate on a regular basis, where you have open dialogue and an exchange of ideas. That’s what this is all about. This body is driven on debate and on the work on committees … and those bills or legislations should be debated based on the merit.”

Read more:House conservative seeks Boehner s ouster - POLITICO

Most Republicans think for themselves. Good for them, when something is wrong, as is the leadership in the House and Senate, some members of Congress will stand up and force a change. Let's hope there are enough of these soldiers.

During the run up to the presidential elections? I don't know.
It can turn ugly pretty fast.

I agree, but there may be leverage now when there wasn't before. Both McConnell and Boehner have to go to make it a Grand party as it once was.

Well, they are not going to go and even if they did they would be replaced by people just like them. This is not going to change.

Let me repeat that. This is not going to change. No matter how much shouting or recriminations are made, the GOP leadership will continue on.

So please, the only solution to attain a truly ideologically pure party that will listen to the true conservatives is to break free of the grasp of the GOP and start another party. It's the right thing to do. Leave the RINOs to stew in their own hypocrisy.

North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows had heard from leading conservatives that trying to oust Speaker John Boehner right now was a bad idea.

Until now, the North Carolina Republican had taken small steps to undermine Boehner — he voted against procedural motions and against Boehner for speaker. Now he’s declared all-out war, and he could quickly find out how many people are willing to back him up.

“It’s really more about trying to have a conversation about making this place work,” Meadows said. “Hopefully we’ll have some discussions about that in the days and weeks to come. It’s more about having an inclusive process where you have debate on a regular basis, where you have open dialogue and an exchange of ideas. That’s what this is all about. This body is driven on debate and on the work on committees … and those bills or legislations should be debated based on the merit.”

Most Republicans think for themselves. Good for them, when something is wrong, as is the leadership in the House and Senate, some members of Congress will stand up and force a change. Let's hope there are enough of these soldiers.

I agree, but there may be leverage now when there wasn't before. Both McConnell and Boehner have to go to make it a Grand party as it once was.

Well, they are not going to go and even if they did they would be replaced by people just like them. This is not going to change.

Let me repeat that. This is not going to change. No matter how much shouting or recriminations are made, the GOP leadership will continue on.

So please, the only solution to attain a truly ideologically pure party that will listen to the true conservatives is to break free of the grasp of the GOP and start another party. It's the right thing to do. Leave the RINOs to stew in their own hypocrisy.

I hear you...but we are acting like the GOP is the only party with problems. Look at Reid and Pelosi ! I would support a new party for the real conservatives. One that openly supports voting you conscience without punishment from leaders. We need statesmen and women.

If a group of conservatives breaks free from the GOP to start their own more ideologically pure party is there really a belief they could win a national election? Or control enough seats in the House and Senate to pass their agenda?

If a group of conservatives breaks free from the GOP to start their own more ideologically pure party is there really a belief they could win a national election? Or control enough seats in the House and Senate to pass their agenda?
I think the only way that could happen is if the leadership was caught in a really big scandal and notables started leaving big time. Or it would be a slow movement like the TP group growing at a continuous pace.

I hear you...but we are acting like the GOP is the only party with problems. Look at Reid and Pelosi ! I would support a new party for the real conservatives. One that openly supports voting you conscience without punishment from leaders. We need statesmen and women.

Oh, they're democrats. Let them deal with their problems. The important thing is for those true conservatives to get out from under the thumb of the GOP leadership just as quickly as possible. The time has come for them to turn their backs officially on those RINOs and stand on their own feet. Really make a statement. It's the only way.

Oh, they're democrats. Let them deal with their problems. The important thing is for those true conservatives to get out from under the thumb of the GOP leadership just as quickly as possible. The time has come for them to turn their backs officially on those RINOs and stand on their own feet. Really make a statement. It's the only way.

Tea Party people are standing up for what they think is right and the voters seem to approve.

Tea Party people are standing up for what they think is right and the voters seem to approve.

All the more reason for them to move to a new party where they can really do their thing. The GOP is just holding them back.

All the more reason for them to move to a new party where they can really do their thing. The GOP is just holding them back.
I agree, but they need the GOP for fundraising.

If the main street and establishment Republicans join the Blue Dog(conservative) Democrats, you would have a formidable centrist party.

That is doable, plus they will take most of the donors from either party. However, I don't think they realized this yet.

I agree, but they need the GOP for fundraising.

So they have accepted the hypocrisy? Now it's all about the money and forget the principle? So much for "true conservatism".

If the main street and establishment Republicans join the Blue Dog(conservative) Democrats, you would have a formidable centrist party.

That is doable, plus they will take most of the donors from either party. However, I don't think they realized this yet.

There actually is a difference between the republicans and the democrats.

But politics are not about standing up for what you think is right. Politics is about dividing and conquering, while rationalizing it to be for the general good, or maybe not bothering to rationalize it as good at all.

If government treated everyone as equals, who would send them their money and vote for them? No, people vote in order to get a leg up on their fellow citizen. Take marriage, for example. Progressives in the Federal government got involved in the marriage business at the turn of the 20th century in order to prevent interracial marriages. The simple fact that a license is issued means that you wish to exclude people from certain "rights", especially those who do not wish to get married.

This is why the Progressive dogma of taking from the rich and giving it back to the poor is so popular, even though it usually ends up only amounting to throwing a few crumbs under the table for the dogs to lick up. It is enough to pay for their obedience and loyalty.

Indeed. Republicans are undocumented Democrats.

Personally I think they should all be sent back to wherever they came.

I have no aspirations for a third party. If you get a third party then the same filth will simply subvert it like they do everything else.

Instead, my only interest is the Article V movement that will return power to the states where it belongs. States should rise up and take back some of the power stolen from them during the Progressive era.

Power corrupts, and Progressives have done nothing but centralize power towards the Federal government, specifically towards the Executive Branch, and increase its power. Now sitting in the Oval Orifice is akin to being Lord of the Rings. A third party would not change any of this. The only thing that would change would be the faces.

I have no aspirations for a third party. If you get a third party then the same filth will simply subvert it like they do everything else.

Instead, my only interest is the Article V movement that will return power to the states where it belongs. States should rise up and take back some of the power stolen from them during the Progressive era.

Power corrupts, and Progressives have done nothing but centralize power towards the Federal government, specifically towards the Executive Branch, and increase its power. Now sitting in the Oval Orifice is akin to being Lord of the Rings. A third party would not change any of this. The only thing that would change would be the faces.

There is no Article V movement and there isn't going to be one.

And that is why you really need to have your own party, because the situation you perceive isn't going to change.

And that is why you really need to have your own party, because the situation you perceive isn't going to change.

As I said, it's the system, not the party

I have no interest in voting for the most benevolent dictator.

Forum List

Back