To hell with the GOP

If the main street and establishment Republicans join the Blue Dog(conservative) Democrats, you would have a formidable centrist party.

That is doable, plus they will take most of the donors from either party. However, I don't think they realized this yet.

There actually is a difference between the republicans and the democrats.

Indeed. Republicans are undocumented Democrats.

Personally I think they should all be sent back to wherever they came.

And that is why you really need to have your own party, because the situation you perceive isn't going to change.

As I said, it's the system, not the party

I have no interest in voting for the most benevolent dictator.

The system isn't going to change either. It's a very good system, which is why we don't have a dictator.

If the main street and establishment Republicans join the Blue Dog(conservative) Democrats, you would have a formidable centrist party.

That is doable, plus they will take most of the donors from either party. However, I don't think they realized this yet.

And that is why you really need to have your own party, because the situation you perceive isn't going to change.

The system isn't going to change either. It's a very good system, which is why we don't have a dictator.

We have a system where the POTUS now makes decisions such as how our children will be educated down to what doctors they may see. We have a system where the POTUS bypasses the War Powers Act by saying that the war in Libya was not really a war. We have a system whereby POTUS bypasses Congress to make a treaty with Iran by saying it is not really a treaty. We have a system whereby the POTUS makes Executive Orders that defy illegal immigration laws etc.

Perhaps you don't mind a system whereby FDR locked up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2 with impunity, but I do. In fact, the POTUS signed into a law via the NDAA that gives him the right to lock any of us up at any time and without legal representation if he so desires.

We have a system where the POTUS now makes decisions such as how our children will be educated down to what doctors they may see. We have a system where the POTUS bypasses the War Powers Act by saying that the war in Libya was not really a war. We have a system whereby POTUS bypasses Congress to make a treaty with Iran by saying it is not really a treaty. We have a system whereby the POTUS makes Executive Orders that defy illegal immigration laws etc.

Perhaps you don't mind a system whereby FDR locked up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2 with impunity, but I do. In fact, the POTUS signed into a law via the NDAA that gives him the right to lock any of us up at any time and without legal representation if he so desires.

None of which made the president a dictator, nor indicate any change in the system at all. The first president to use an executive order to send armed troops against US citizens was George Washington. I don't think we can go back much further in the system than that. The president exercises powers given to him/her by the Constitution or the Congress. The SCOTUS can over rule both of them, thus creating a checks and balance system. In terms of the internment camps, while it was an executive order Congress did nothing to over rule it and SCOTUS found it constitutional. Either one of those bodies could have forced the president to change the policy. A bad decision perhaps, but calling it a dictatorship is absurd. A dictator does not just wield power, he wields power absolutely.

So let me say again, the system is not going to change. It is a good system that has served us well. The determination of whether or not it is a good system is not whether you get your way all of the time. If you expect to initiate change, then you have to do so through political power and the only way that is going to happen is if people who think as you do form their own party. If the majority of the citizenry agree with you, then you can do something.

Iilberals sure do get mad when daddy threatens to cut back on their allowance.
Look, if the mean ol' GOP cuts funding to planned parenthood, the most realistic way to fund them is through contributions given directly from citizens. The left can still keep the funding at 100% by simple reaching into their own pockets for a change and donating.
Its such an easy alternative that I just dont see the problem here. Plus, its possible that PP could even end up with more money considering how generous the left is when it comes to these matters.
Let the GOP and their followers answer to Jesus when it comes to the refusal to fund abortions. It will certainly come back to them.

We need statesmen and women.

Hard to find them since they are very few and far between. It doesn't help that the GOP is shrinking it's own pool of potential future statesmen and women.

Closest one you have these days is Kasich IMO.

All the rest are just part of the problem.

None of which made the president a dictator, nor indicate any change in the system at all. The first president to use an executive order to send armed troops against US citizens was George Washington. I don't think we can go back much further in the system than that. The president exercises powers given to him/her by the Constitution or the Congress. The SCOTUS can over rule both of them, thus creating a checks and balance system. In terms of the internment camps, while it was an executive order Congress did nothing to over rule it and SCOTUS found it constitutional. Either one of those bodies could have forced the president to change the policy. A bad decision perhaps, but calling it a dictatorship is absurd. A dictator does not just wield power, he wields power absolutely.

So let me say again, the system is not going to change. It is a good system that has served us well. The determination of whether or not it is a good system is not whether you get your way all of the time. If you expect to initiate change, then you have to do so through political power and the only way that is going to happen is if people who think as you do form their own party. If the majority of the citizenry agree with you, then you can do something.

As I have said, the Founding Fathers created the Alien and Sedition Acts which were in direct violation of the Constitution, and was luckily overturned by Jefferson and company. Unfortunately, the Executive Orders were not because they are not Constitutional either.

It is simply human nature to grab power and seek more power. It is like a mental illness.

Here is a little known fact, the Alien and Sedition Acts were not completely wiped away. FDR used some of it to imprison innocent Japanese Americans

Last edited:
We need statesmen and women.

Hard to find them since they are very few and far between. It doesn't help that the GOP is shrinking it's own pool of potential future statesmen and women.

Closest one you have these days is Kasich IMO.

All the rest are just part of the problem.
And what statesmen does the Democrats have?

They are very few and far between.

Last one that I would put in that category was FDR.

JFK had the potential but was assassinated.

In some respects Carter has become more of a statesman after he left office than he ever was while in office but he still doesn't fully rise to that level IMO.

So, the Dems are just as lacking as the Republicans when it comes to true statesmen and women.

The last statesman in the world that I admired was Nelson Mandela.

His kind come along very rarely.

All sane conservatives need to unite and create their own party. Republican establishment doesn't differ from democrat one. We need to organize a party free from hypocrisy and flip-flopping.

By wanting to defund Planned Parenthood Rand Paul has betrayed his Libertarian base in favor of the extremist rightwingers.

As for the rest of the GOP this is just a red meat issue that incites the base while giving the Dems ammunition to use that the GOP is still waging a war on women.

Those quotes in the OP will be used against whomever is the GOP candidate.

Defunding Planned Parenthood is very consistent with being a libertarian.

All sane conservatives need to unite and create their own party. Republican establishment doesn't differ from democrat one. We need to organize a party free from hypocrisy and flip-flopping.
It would be best for all concerned if the Tea Party would split off, but it will not. It needs the infrastructure of the GOP as its foundation and it knows it.

The Tea Party could then do its thing with its 10% of the population, let the GOP grab some moderates who feel the Dems have gone too far left, and everything would be more clear.

Not gonna happen. For the foreseeable future, the Tea Party is going to continue to damage the GOP with its absolutism, its intra-party attacks and its calls for the "RINOs" to leave.

Last edited:
By wanting to defund Planned Parenthood Rand Paul has betrayed his Libertarian base in favor of the extremist rightwingers.

As for the rest of the GOP this is just a red meat issue that incites the base while giving the Dems ammunition to use that the GOP is still waging a war on women.

But opposing abortion is anti-Libertarian.

And using the government to deny anyone their rights is anti-Libertarian.

So what Rand Paul is using as his excuse to defund PP is anti-Libertarian which is where the betrayal comes in.

If he simply stood on the Libertarian principle of eliminating all forms of social welfare he would be consistent.

But my point is that he is blatantly violating his Libertarianism by his own words and is therefore a LINO.

You still jerking off to that Ross Perot poster in your bedroom?

You know..... The scumbag that STARTED this whole mess? The scumabg that took down a decent man and gave the elction to a RAPIST and a pathological liar because George HW Bush broke ONE (1) promise??

You do realize that Bill Clinton would have beaten Pappy Bush even if Ross Perot hadn't gotten back into the race, right?

The Myths That Just Won't Die

So what Rand Paul is using as his excuse to defund PP is anti-Libertarian which is where the betrayal comes in.

Nope.

A libertarian may believe that someone has a right to an abortion - as Ayn Rand did - but a libertarian never believes that someone has the right to have the abortion funded by the taxpayers.

Your argument is tantamount to saying because we have the right to own a gun, the government is denying you your rights if the government doesn't buy the gun for you. No libertarian would ever advance that argument.

Nope.

A libertarian may believe that someone has a right to an abortion - as Ayn Rand did - but a libertarian never believes that someone has the right to have the abortion funded by the taxpayers.

Your argument is tantamount to saying because we have the right to own a gun, the government is denying you your rights if the government doesn't buy the gun for you. No libertarian would ever advance that argument.

Your position is based upon a falsehood.

The federal government is banned from funding abortions by law.

The PP federal funding is for non-abortion services only.

Therefore your baseless allegation about my argument is completely fallacious.

Dems wage war on unborn babies...who want to live.

Forum List

Back