To BO it's all about 'fairness", not solutions

and i wish fairness would stop offending people on the right.

do you think that the 'sacrifice' should be shared or should it all be dumped on the people who can afford it least?

How is it "shared sacrifice" when half the country doesn't pay the federal tax? Never could understand that.

do you think deployed military personnel should pay taxes?

do you think people on social security should pay taxes?

that number is silly....

Deployed military personnel are no more qualified for not paying taxes on their income than anyone else who is retired from a job. They would be the first to agree with that, because by their nature and honesty and dignity they are not freeloaders like you.

Getting Social Security IS income. Recipients should pay tax on that income just like everybody else.

Last edited:
How is it "shared sacrifice" when half the country doesn't pay the federal tax? Never could understand that.

that number is silly....

Deployed military personnel are no more qualified for not paying taxes on their income than anyone else. They would be the first to agree with that, because by their nature and honesty and dignity they are not freeloaders like you.

Getting Social Security IS income. Recipients should pay tax on that income just like everybody else.

it's a recognition of their sacrifice for their country. i have no problem with it. neither should you. it's not about 'qualification'. so no, i don't think they'd be the first to agree with you. in fact, i think they'd look at you and ask if it isn't enough that they go into the service so you don't have to.

seriously? you think the meager amount people get in social security should be taxed?

do you pay taxes?

do you think that the 'sacrifice' should be shared or should it all be dumped on the people who can afford it least?

that number is silly....

I think everyone should pay tax on every dollar earned, I don't care where the income comes from.

that number is silly....

I think everyone should pay tax on every dollar earned, I don't care where the income comes from.

okie dokey smokey....

and i think making people who are already existing at subsistence levels is absurd, counter productive and absolutely is bad for our economy.

you are very shortsighted, imo.

Raising tax rates provides a small short-lived spike in revenue, then things level back out as folks find shelter, and make other adjustments, which usually lead to less jobs.

So as you can see in the chart, when the top rate was slashed, revenue stayed fairly constant as well because we had more jobs and economic activity, and a larger tax base.

"Trickle down", but it's far more than a trickle.

Tax+Rates+vs+revenues.jpg

Nice, lame, lefty talking point, with NO basis in reality. When upper income folks, many of them small and large business owners, are taxed less, the invest, hire and consume much more. This creates economic activity, jobs, and larger tax base, and increase revenue.

When tax rates go up THAT is when rich folks begin moving more money and jobs offshore.

I'm a self-employed contractor, and when those folks keep more of their money, my business picks up so I earn more, then I spend more which helps others.

Supply-side DOES work, every time.

It's a fact.

It's a 100% fact.

Under Reagan "trickle down", all we got was massive debt

Under Bush "trickle down", all we got was massive debt

Under Clinton "everyone pays their fair share" we got the most booming economy and largest surplus in US history.

Under W "trickle down on steroids" all we got was insane debt.

It's been proven time and time again that right wing fiscal plans have never, and will never work.

Clinton benefited from the tech/internet boom and hosing bubble building. When the economy is booming, you can raise tax rates, and no one complains.

But BO has created more national debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8, with 911, the tech bust, and energy meltdown! The Bush tax cuts kept is from going into a depression.

What kept us from going into the biggest meltdown in history was the democrats taking over both houses in 06' and the presidency in 08'. W and the republicans were spending the nation into oblivion. The democrats thank god took over power when they did otherwise we would be in a complete disaster right now.
Otherwise the wealthy are doing VERY well right now. The middle class is struggling while the rich are laughing all the way to the bank. This is why Obama and the democrats understand that the middle class needs all the help they can get, but the richest of the rich are more than capable of putting in their fair share again.

that number is silly....

okie dokey smokey....

and i think making people who are already existing at subsistence levels is absurd, counter productive and absolutely is bad for our economy.

you are very shortsighted, imo.

I don't expect you to truly embrace "shared sacrifice", it's only a talking point to progressives.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUhENCtiYes]Obama's Fairshare - YouTube[/ame]

i'm sorry.. .i don't watch wingnut stuff...

Yes indeed, Julia. Keep those blinders on tight and keep on lapping up the lies and propaganda from the Dem/union trough. God forbid you might learn something, and grow.

A flat tax would solve the whole "fairness" issue. One tax rate for all.

But Democrats reject that solution. Why? Because "fairness" is not the real goal, that is just a code word- "punishment" is the true goal. Our current policies reward failure and punish success.

Utopia for Democrats is an ever expanding cadre of people that are dependent upon government for food, shelter, transportation, medical care, education, for everything a person needs..... They'll always vote for more free shit.

But Democrats reject that solution. Why? Because "fairness" is not the real goal, that is just a code word- "punishment" is the true goal. Our current policies reward failure and punish success.

Utopia for Democrats is an ever expanding cadre of people that are dependent upon government for food, shelter, transportation, medical care, education, for everything a person needs..... They'll always vote for more free shit.

what number would you SET this one rate at to bring in the needed revenue?

Actually utopia to them would be to tax everyone at 100% and then dole out what they felt everyone "deserved".

Actually utopia to them would be to tax everyone at 100% and then dole out what they felt everyone "deserved".

That's the end game for liberalism. Of course, this nation will devolve to the stone age before that ever comes about.

Forum List

Back