To BO it's all about 'fairness", not solutions

The right wing goons said if we "don't raise taxes on the job creators", they will trickle down and create countless jobs. We already tried that and they don't "trickle down", only throw the funds in their already mountain sized pile of cash stashed away in offshore bank account.

Nice, lame, lefty talking point, with NO basis in reality. When upper income folks, many of them small and large business owners, are taxed less, the invest, hire and consume much more. This creates economic activity, jobs, and larger tax base, and increase revenue.

When tax rates go up THAT is when rich folks begin moving more money and jobs offshore.

I'm a self-employed contractor, and when those folks keep more of their money, my business picks up so I earn more, then I spend more which helps others.

Supply-side DOES work, every time.

It's a fact.

It's a 100% fact.

Under Reagan "trickle down", all we got was massive debt

Under Bush "trickle down", all we got was massive debt

Under Clinton "everyone pays their fair share" we got the most booming economy and largest surplus in US history.

Under W "trickle down on steroids" all we got was insane debt.

It's been proven time and time again that right wing fiscal plans have never, and will never work.

Clinton benefited from the tech/internet boom and hosing bubble building. When the economy is booming, you can raise tax rates, and no one complains.

But BO has created more national debt in 4 years than Bush did in 8, with 911, the tech bust, and energy meltdown! The Bush tax cuts kept is from going into a depression.

We need to put it at 35% and leave it there if we want revenue

The largest corporation in California, Chevron, is now movng out because of the recently passed sales and income tax increases. They'll take away thousands of direct jobs, and thousands more jobs from satellite businesses they support, and billions of dollars in revenue that will no longer be able to be taxed at ANY rate in CA. Texas will now reap the benefit of having Chevron in their state.

Libs just don't know zip about business or economics. You guys would pick an orchard clean then burn the trees for heat, and whine the next year when you had no apples or wood.

why do you refuse to address I proved your little theory WRONG with the facts?

I really wish he would stop using the word fair, it's grating.

and i wish fairness would stop offending people on the right.

do you think that the 'sacrifice' should be shared or should it all be dumped on the people who can afford it least?

47% of you leeches pay ZERO so you ain't sharing no damn sacrifice that I can discern.

We need to put it at 35% and leave it there if we want revenue

The largest corporation in California, Chevron, is now movng out because of the recently passed sales and income tax increases. They'll take away thousands of direct jobs, and thousands more jobs from satellite businesses they support, and billions of dollars in revenue that will no longer be able to be taxed at ANY rate in CA. Texas will now reap the benefit of having Chevron in their state.

Libs just don't know zip about business or economics. You guys would pick an orchard clean then burn the trees for heat, and whine the next year when you had no apples or wood.

Because you actually proved MY point with the chart.

do you think that the 'sacrifice' should be shared or should it all be dumped on the people who can afford it least?

How is it "shared sacrifice" when half the country doesn't pay the federal tax? Never could understand that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsDmPEeurfA]President Bush Addresses Nation on Economic Crisis - YouTube[/ame]

47% of you leeches pay ZERO so you ain't sharing no damn sacrifice that I can discern.

I think 90% should have some skin in the game, not just 53%....that would be fair. It's not fair that just 2% have their taxes raised.

Because you actually proved MY point with the chart.

lying about it doesnt make it so

The chart does NOT show the correlation you claim

these taxes are the same for everyone.

the first 250.000 a year is only taxed so much for EVERYONE

It's time for a FAIR FLAT tax for everyone. 20% across the board, no exemptions, no exceptions, and no damn excuses.

How is it "shared sacrifice" when half the country doesn't pay the federal tax? Never could understand that.

do you think deployed military personnel should pay taxes?

do you think people on social security should pay taxes?

that number is silly....

It's time for a FAIR FLAT tax for everyone. 20% across the board, no exemptions, no exceptions, and no damn excuses.

spoken like someone who has no deductions.

there is nothing worse for someone with a small business than a 'flat tax'.. .and most people acknowledge that it was simply a way to keep the richest from being taxed on their wealth by establishing a base number.

in fact, i seem to remember it being called something like the 'let steve forbes keep his money tax'

pretending its NOT fair to charge everyone the same taxes on their first 250,000 is insanity

Forum List

Back