TN, 5 Others States Introduce Bills To Prohibit Teaching Evolution

Really?

When was the last anti-intellectual period and what defined it?

There's nothing intellectual about lying to children and using lies to undermine their faith. It's pure old-fashioned propaganda technique...

Horseshit. This "undermining" you speak of only occurs if the children are taught in church that what they learn in science class is wrong. You dun want your kids to suffer like that?

Join a church that is not anti-science.

Elsewise, the suffering is yours, not that of your entire community. We have no duty to pretend you might could be correct.

And, for those who are interested, the bible details exactly how believers would be mocked and lied about by those who claim to be "wise".

lololol its always a bad sign when you people start throwing "prophecies" into things

l ron hubbard told scientoligists they would be mocked as well

They're openly mocked now.

By liars who say their pretend science explains the origins of the universe and precludes the existence of God.

The true ignorami are the retards who think it's okay to lie to children.

its science class.... please learn the difference

I wonder if the science teachers will teach the kids today that the hubble took pictures of what LOOKS to be an alien spaceship and how many children are encouraged to consider that possibility...compared to the number of teachers who will say the pictures LOOK LIKE a cross and let the kids ponder that? I mean...is an alien space ship more *scientific* than a cross?

Lol...

I wonder if the science teachers will teach the kids today that the hubble took pictures of what LOOKS to be an alien spaceship and how many children are encouraged to consider that possibility...compared to the number of teachers who will say the pictures LOOK LIKE a cross and let the kids ponder that? I mean...is an alien space ship more *scientific* than a cross?

Lol...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yep, i think its time to add you to ignore. signs that someone is truly crazy involve finding "signs" in common events as well as thinking "propheices" of some god relate to your everyday life

Who're you kidding? Schools teach gravity is a theory
?

If they had the facts to back them they wouldn't be theories then would they?
Everyone knows that things don't fall down when you drop them. God PUSHES things to the ground when you let go of them.

Einstien thought things were pushed down.

It was on the Science channel with a host of physists. My head was throbbing, when they were done and that was just a lead in to explaining why another theory may be valid.
I am too new here to know if Ravi was being funny or dumb :doubt:

Maddie, the day you say that schools have a right to invade church and "prevent" ANYTHING from being taught is the day I identify you as a lunatic. For real.

It figures that the one to shriek "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" is the one most committed to bringing the state into church and shutting it down.

Though not surprising.

Everyone knows that things don't fall down when you drop them. God PUSHES things to the ground when you let go of them.

It was on the Science channel with a host of physists. My head was throbbing, when they were done and that was just a lead in to explaining why another theory may be valid.

It is Ravi's sense of humor.

She's cool and so is Madeline although for some reason many here do not like them. Me? I find if you treat them like you want to be treated they will return the favor.

Immie

hes trolling the creationist/ID people who think there must be a god b/c science can't explain everything yet

Maddie,

Likewise, what gives the school the right to teach my child (if I had any) that a Scientific THEORY called Evolution is the only acceptable version of how the world came to be?

Personally, I like what the high school in my hometown did..... They taught the THEORY (unproven, scientific belief) and also included a small bit of curriculum documenting that there are other THEORIES out there which are contridictory to the THEORY of Evolution relative to how the world and humanity came to be.

My problem is when you have these school systems teaching Evolution as SCIENTIFIC LAW instead of THEORY.

Because scientific FACTS support the theory. Just like they support the THEORY of gravity

Which scientific FACTS do you have to support the THEORY of creationism?

Are you OK with schools teaching there are no scientific facts supporting creationism? How about that scientific FACTS do not support the Bible?

As pointed out earlier in the thread the facts support the evolution of a species. We can all see that dogs and cats have "evolved" through the years, what we can't see and is not a proven fact, is that a dog becomes a whale or an ape becomes a man or the ancestor of an ape becomes man in one branch and ape in another.

I think the idea of disallowing the teaching of evolution is a bad idea. However, that is not what the quote in the OP states is being done here. Evolution should most definitely be taught at least until there is something that proves it to be wrong... not saying that will ever happen, mind you. :D

Where I always have a problem is when teachers try to teach the Theory of Evolution as an answer to how life began on earth. When they begin to teach Abiogensis as fact, I balk.

Immie

But we do know much more than that. We know that single cell creatures existed before multiple cell creatures. We know that over time, creatures became more complex.

There are no fossil records showing all levels of complexity existing millions of years ago. In looking at rock strata we can tell which type of animals and plants existed during which periods

That is Scientific FACT

She was being an ass.

I was being serious. The Science channel is awesome. there series on how the earth was made is what caused to believe there is something out there.

Still waiting for evidence of past "anti-intellectual" movements.

Funny.

Astronomy. - The Retreat of the Church after its Victory over Galileo.

prophecy-class-cancelled.jpg

Last edited:

Lol...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yep, i think its time to add you to ignore. signs that someone is truly crazy involve finding "signs" in common events as well as thinking "propheices" of some god relate to your everyday life

And yet it's not crazy to see an alien spaceship?

Please ignore me. Your contributions consist of nothing more than elitist howling, gnashing of teeth, and trolling lies. So I would be perfectly happy if you never responded to me again. Your posts are a waste of time and space, so have at.

Maddie, the day you say that schools have a right to invade church and "prevent" ANYTHING from being taught is the day I identify you as a lunatic. For real.

It figures that the one to shriek "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" is the one most committed to bringing the state into church and shutting it down.

Though not surprising.

That day has long since passed, Allie. You cannot (usually) deny your child life-saving medical care on religious grounds. You cannot sacrifice animals (usually) in the ritual your faith prescribes.

Freedom of religion is not freedom to do as you please, no matter what.

Funny, but it seems that you are the only one throwing God into this discussion. I did not mention God nor did Two Thumbs.

Immie

Nonsense. The "intelligence" in "Intelligent Design" is God, and you know it, Immie.

Let's not be coy here.

Then you don't understand what is meant by intellegent design.

It's not "the" god, as in one of the many gods we have, but a vast intellegence that got all these coincedences to occur so we can live here.

this is not some all loving being, blah blah blah. It's a "theory" of how we came about. The idea that it's just dumb luck, strikes me as non-sense.

The mere fact that you want children to be taught there is a Great Sky Father is enough to render that teaching wholly unconstitutional in a public school, Two Thumbs. It is not necessary to layer on benevolence.

Forum List

Back