TN, 5 Others States Introduce Bills To Prohibit Teaching Evolution

I think the combination of believing in global warming and thinking man is his own god does more to bastardise the "level of science mastery". If you weren't so closed minded, you would see that evolution exists even with the inclusion of intelligent design. Maybe liberals should had reached across the aisle and showed some tolerance in allowing the mentioning of intelligent design in class. Had this been done, I feel that it is safe to say that this bill wouldn't exist. After all, without God, you have no rights.
Intelligent design has been thoroughly debunked as 'science'. There should be no consideration of that canard in any science class except as an example of how politics makes a poor scientist.

Teach the fable of creation in literature class or philosophy class. Teach science in science classes.

But the bigger question remains: why do some folks still cling to this totally discredited and completely unscientific fable? My answer is arrogance. Some folks are too arrogant to believe themselves as mammals. They somehow believe that mankind has been created solely for a higher purpose: to act as God on earth and have dominion over all living things. Once you accept the fact that mankind IS an animal, that notion rings hollow.

They're openly mocked now.

By liars who say their pretend science explains the origins of the universe and precludes the existence of God.

The true ignorami are the retards who think it's okay to lie to children.

Where in a public school science text does it say "God does not exist", Allie?

Ghosts and angels "may" also exist. Should we add them to the science curriculum as well?

By liars who say their pretend science explains the origins of the universe and precludes the existence of God.

Ghosts and angels "may" also exist. Should we add them to the science curriculum as well?

Mythology is tought in our local HS, but there is no mention of god.

Because scientific FACTS support the theory. Just like they support the THEORY of gravity

Which scientific FACTS do you have to support the THEORY of creationism?

Are you OK with schools teaching there are no scientific facts supporting creationism? How about that scientific FACTS do not support the Bible?

As pointed out earlier in the thread the facts support the evolution of a species. We can all see that dogs and cats have "evolved" through the years, what we can't see and is not a proven fact, is that a dog becomes a whale or an ape becomes a man or the ancestor of an ape becomes man in one branch and ape in another.

I think the idea of disallowing the teaching of evolution is a bad idea. However, that is not what the quote in the OP states is being done here. Evolution should most definitely be taught at least until there is something that proves it to be wrong... not saying that will ever happen, mind you. :D

Where I always have a problem is when teachers try to teach the Theory of Evolution as an answer to how life began on earth. When they begin to teach Abiogensis as fact, I balk.

Immie

But we do know much more than that. We know that single cell creatures existed before multiple cell creatures. We know that over time, creatures became more complex.

There are no fossil records showing all levels of complexity existing millions of years ago. In looking at rock strata we can tell which type of animals and plants existed during which periods

That is Scientific FACT

What?

I thought dinosaurs existed hundreds of millions of years ago not just millions of years ago?

I did not come into this thread to debate evolution which is evidently what Madeline intended from the beginning. The title of the thread was about Tennessee attempting to forbid the teaching of evolution. According to the quote from the article, that is not what Tennessee is attempting to do.

In this very post that you quoted, I said that forbidding the teaching of Evolution was a bad idea. I think evolution should be taught. Nor do I think that the idea that species evolve into different species should be avoided, although since it is not proven it should not be taught as fact. I do not, however, believe that we should be teaching how life began because we do not know. We have theories some of which may be well thought out, but we do not as of yet, if we ever will, know how life began.

I did not come into this thread to prove to anyone that God exists. I never mentioned God until Madeline started throwing God around.

Immie

Your public HS has a class on Mythology? That's odd.

Nonsense. The "intelligence" in "Intelligent Design" is God, and you know it, Immie.

Let's not be coy here.

Then you don't understand what is meant by intellegent design.

It's not "the" god, as in one of the many gods we have, but a vast intellegence that got all these coincedences to occur so we can live here.

this is not some all loving being, blah blah blah. It's a "theory" of how we came about. The idea that it's just dumb luck, strikes me as non-sense.

The mere fact that you want children to be taught there is a Great Sky Father is enough to render that teaching wholly unconstitutional in a public school, Two Thumbs. It is not necessary to layer on benevolence.

I'm not asking this to be tought in school.

I don't know what you mean by "layer on benevolence".

I hate to tell you all the bad news, but scientists don't think or believe that humans descended from apes or monkeys.

:eusa_shhh:

No, they believe that the original ancestor was farther up the line. As I said, when I brought that up.

Immie

There's one that goes through a number of pantheons and one that runs down monster myth.

Kinda cool actually. I learned about Greek, Roman (same as Greek, just different names), Norse, Bysintine, etc in Catholic HS.

I hate to tell you all the bad news, but scientists don't think or believe that humans descended from apes or monkeys.

No, they believe that the original ancestor was farther up the line. As I said, when I brought that up.

Immie
To the contrary...they don't believe anything. They merely attempt to make sense out of it all. In other words, there exists a possibility that somewhere up the line two or more species have a common ancestor but that is only a possibility.

There's one that goes through a number of pantheons and one that runs down monster myth.

Kinda cool actually. I learned about Greek, Roman (same as Greek, just different names), Norse, Bysintine, etc in Catholic HS.

Well, no learning is a bad thing, Two Thumbs. But in schools where we can't get kids to read or do math above a 4th grade level, a class on Mythology seems like gilding the lily.

If it's an elective, I guess I have no beef with it. It is interesting.

Immie
To the contrary...they don't believe anything. They merely attempt to make sense out of it all. In other words, there exists a possibility that somewhere up the line two or more species have a common ancestor but that is only a possibility.

Okay, so I can take your meaning in this case based upon your definition of the word "believe" of which there are many. But, you are right, scientists don't work on "belief", they try to formulate theories based upon known facts.

Immie

One such form of religious instruction is to teach -- in a science class! -- that God exists.

And another is to stand up in front of that same class and openly declare that you have a Scientific THEORY that indicates God does not exist.

As for separation of church and state, the constitution is as the SCOTUS says it is. Dun like that? Then you must also be offended at constitutional provisions creating the Judiciary and checks and balances.

Can't have that both ways, Anachronism.

Um..... NO!!!

The Constitution is what is written in black and white upon those 8 pages. I am very much offended by ANY FORM of Judicial activism regardless of the level of the Court; and I VERY OFTEN find the Supreme Court to be completely and totally WRONG.

One such form of religious instruction is to teach -- in a science class! -- that God exists.

And another is to stand up in front of that same class and openly declare that you have a Scientific THEORY that indicates God does not exist.

As for separation of church and state, the constitution is as the SCOTUS says it is. Dun like that? Then you must also be offended at constitutional provisions creating the Judiciary and checks and balances.

Can't have that both ways, Anachronism.

Um..... NO!!!

The Constitution is what is written in black and white upon those 8 pages. I am very much offended by ANY FORM of Judicial activism regardless of the level of the Court; and I VERY OFTEN find the Supreme Court to be completely and totally WRONG.

Teachers in science class do not have a "God does not exist" lesson plan, Anachronism. Again, if you choose to belong to an anti-science church that's on YOU.

As for "judicial activism", that phrase, "separation of church and state" appears first in a treaty, around 1790. The mere fact that SCOTUS also uses it does not render their decisions "activist". NOT using it might could render the SCOTUS comatous, and I wonder sometimes if that isn't what you guys would prefer.

Well, no learning is a bad thing, Two Thumbs. But in schools where we can't get kids to read or do math above a 4th grade level, a class on Mythology seems like gilding the lily.

If it's an elective, I guess I have no beef with it. It is interesting.

I, for one, have no problems with teaching the bible in our schools alongside other mythology

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I wonder if the science teachers will teach the kids today that the hubble took pictures of what LOOKS to be an alien spaceship and how many children are encouraged to consider that possibility...compared to the number of teachers who will say the pictures LOOK LIKE a cross and let the kids ponder that? I mean...is an alien space ship more *scientific* than a cross?

Lol...

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

yep, i think its time to add you to ignore. signs that someone is truly crazy involve finding "signs" in common events as well as thinking "propheices" of some god relate to your everyday life

And yet it's not crazy to see an alien spaceship?

Please ignore me. Your contributions consist of nothing more than elitist howling, gnashing of teeth, and trolling lies. So I would be perfectly happy if you never responded to me again. Your posts are a waste of time and space, so have at.

Sounds like the noises Linda Bartells made when we had sex.:lol: :lol: :lol:

250px-Science.jpg

Forum List

Back