TN, 5 Others States Introduce Bills To Prohibit Teaching Evolution

Discussion in 'Education' started by Madeline, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Antievolution legislation in Tennessee | NCSE

So, this used car dealer knows enough to prohibit teaching certain aspects of science? No wonder this nation continues to fall behind others on the level of science mastery of its students.

Legally required stupidity...what will they think of next?

Your reaction?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    [​IMG]

3. The Joe

The Joe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I think the combination of believing in global warming and thinking man is his own god does more to bastardise the "level of science mastery". If you weren't so closed minded, you would see that evolution exists even with the inclusion of intelligent design. Maybe liberals should had reached across the aisle and showed some tolerance in allowing the mentioning of intelligent design in class. Had this been done, I feel that it is safe to say that this bill wouldn't exist. After all, without God, you have no rights.

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Which part of "freedom of religion" or "separation of church and state" is confusing to you, Joe?

You want to believe the Earth is 5,000 years old and teach your child that, fine by me. But WTF gives you any right to teach that nonsense to MY child?

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    The conflict arises when retarded teachers insist on teaching evolution as a theory which explains the existence of life on earth, and when they treat some theories of descent as *fact*.

Our education system is crap. I was just saying today that I find it offensive that VALENTINE'S DAY is such a huge issue at the school...the kids are hyped up for weeks over it; while I see the inherent usefulness of learning to address and distribute cards (I guess) to your classmates, that, on TOP of the stupid sugar blow out in the afternoon, makes me just want to pull them out and homeschool them. Except I can't teach kids for crap. Still, I'm dreading tonight. And this morning was a nightmare.

So we spend all this energy on VALENTINE'S DAY but the educators can't educate themselves and the kids properly about evolution and it's place in the world. They have to make it into this big deal that explains away all religious theory, and that's just wrong. It's not the place of our schools to teach that, and if that's what they're going to insist on teaching, then guess what? They are going to be shut down and prevented from saying anything about it at all.

Morons.

6. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Maddie,

Likewise, what gives the school the right to teach my child (if I had any) that a Scientific THEORY called Evolution is the only acceptable version of how the world came to be?

Personally, I like what the high school in my hometown did..... They taught the THEORY (unproven, scientific belief) and also included a small bit of curriculum documenting that there are other THEORIES out there which are contridictory to the THEORY of Evolution relative to how the world and humanity came to be.

My problem is when you have these school systems teaching Evolution as SCIENTIFIC LAW instead of THEORY.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Exactly.

My 7 y.o. son comes home telling me which animals today came from which dinosaurs.

And he's not talking about things like crocs and white sharks; he's being taught that warm blooded furry creatures have descended straight from brontosauri (brontosauruses??? lol). I don't think his teacher believes that; but she's teaching a curriculum and that's the curriculum. We're in a charter school, with a natural resources focus, that works hand in hand with a PALEO project in this area. PALEO...they dig up bones around here. They want to make it a tourist trade. They want to join with the school to do it.

Literally. They want to make a big Paleo/School complex where the kids go to school in the same geographical site that the Paleo operates. They want to share funds, participate in the school.

While I am proud of the beauty and interest of our geographic location and like having the paleo project here; it is endlessly fascinating and fun; I don't want my child being taught things that are MEANT to challenge their faith. I know the guy who runs the Paleo. I know what his agenda is. I have heard him opine on the concept of God. I don't want his agenda taught to the kids. His agenda is to *educate* kids out of faith, and that is NOT the job of the schools.

8. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I cannot believe we are going to debate the validity of evolution AGAIN. Will you religious wingnuts PLEASE confine your reality-denial to the home and the Sunday School classroom?

[​IMG]

I do not get WTF the pay off could possibly be for religious people to raise kids who are scientific nitwits. I seriously don't...but whatever, get your paws offa the public schools.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,508

Because scientific FACTS support the theory. Just like they support the THEORY of gravity

Which scientific FACTS do you have to support the THEORY of creationism?

Are you OK with schools teaching there are no scientific facts supporting creationism? How about that scientific FACTS do not support the Bible?

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    More dumbing down of students...pretty soon we'll look like a backwater on the level of Pakistan.