Tipping a $15/Hour Server

Dont get emotional I have proven you to be less than aware.
Are you reading my emotions for really realz?

U r magical

And no, youre the one unaware duke. Youre just too stupid to see why. Again, not.my fuckin problem.
You emotions are on display for everyone to read. Its not magic. Anyone that works for $2 an hour and relies on tips should never complain. They should concentrate on giving better service or find another job they are better suited for.
You just conceded that concentrating on giving better service yields higher tips.

This is why youre a moron.

Because it took you this many posts to come back around to what was my original point.

Youre either retarded as fuck, lame as fuck, have ocd, or all three.

I have my guess.
You are the moron. I never argued that it didnt. The point is that its stupid to be someone that works for $2 an hour and depend on tips.
Its not stupid if it works.

And here we are again.
Its very stupid. Here we go again. Dont get emotional because you are a server.

Are you reading my emotions for really realz?

U r magical

And no, youre the one unaware duke. Youre just too stupid to see why. Again, not.my fuckin problem.
You emotions are on display for everyone to read. Its not magic. Anyone that works for $2 an hour and relies on tips should never complain. They should concentrate on giving better service or find another job they are better suited for.
You just conceded that concentrating on giving better service yields higher tips.

Because it took you this many posts to come back around to what was my original point.

I have my guess.
You are the moron. I never argued that it didnt. The point is that its stupid to be someone that works for $2 an hour and depend on tips.

And here we are again.
Im an accountant and a personal trainer.

Want to try again, bro?

I have my guess.

And here we are again.

Want to try again, bro?

Sure you are. Youre way too emotionally invested. I can spot a server hiding behind the myth of being an accountant and a personal trainer.
laugh.gif

I have my guess.

And here we are again.

Want to try again, bro?

Sure you are. Youre way too emotionally invested. I can spot a server hiding behind the myth of being an accountant and a personal trainer.
laugh.gif
Cool story man

And here we are again.

Want to try again, bro?

laugh.gif
Cool story man
I think yours was better.

I have thought this through. Its madness to work for 2 dollars an hour and depend on strangers for more money to make ends meet. Seems to me getting a better job or opening a business is a more surefire way to make money.
Why is it madness if it works?

Or didnt you think of that part
It must not work if people complain about tips.
Anecdotes dont mean shit.

If it didnt typically work, derpa derpa magic logician sayeth: people wouldnt fill the positions.
Not true. Working for someone else for 40 years and expecting a pension doesnt work either. Millions do this everyday.
What you just said is additionally anecdotal.

Pensions work all the fucking time.
I am enjoying the Hell out of mine.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I also worked in food and beverage quite a bit. My take is they don't deserve a tip if they are making 15 bucks an hour already

tough luck, they wanted it now they got it. they can cry to their government

If things have become that expensive in the area to where the wage is that much, yes I would still give my waiter person a tip.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I tend to be a generous tipper when I go out. I almost always tip at least 20% or more unless the service is really, really shitty. I spent a few years in the restaurant industry working as a server and bartender so I relied almost completely on tips since I was only paid $2.83 an hour, but this $15 an hour minimum wage in Seattle got me thinking. If I happened to be there and went out to eat should I still be expected to tip the standard 15 to 20% to a server who is already getting a base hourly wage of $15 an hour?
Yes, of course! Why should you be mentally regulating/limiting his income based on what you believe someone who serves you food should be making? That's a form of class warfare when you think about it.

You tip to show appreciation for the service rendered. In fact, it's an acronym for "To Insure Proper Service", and was once given at the beginning of a meal.
So you never shop for better prices?You are doing just what you claim is bad.Do you call and get quotes for home repairs? Or do you just throw a dart and hope for the best?
This makes no sense as an analogy, retard.

Try again.

I tend to be a generous tipper when I go out. I almost always tip at least 20% or more unless the service is really, really shitty. I spent a few years in the restaurant industry working as a server and bartender so I relied almost completely on tips since I was only paid $2.83 an hour, but this $15 an hour minimum wage in Seattle got me thinking. If I happened to be there and went out to eat should I still be expected to tip the standard 15 to 20% to a server who is already getting a base hourly wage of $15 an hour?
Yes, of course! Why should you be mentally regulating/limiting his income based on what you believe someone who serves you food should be making? That's a form of class warfare when you think about it.

You tip to show appreciation for the service rendered. In fact, it's an acronym for "To Insure Proper Service", and was once given at the beginning of a meal.
It is not class warfare it is a reality, I give a bonus/tip/present for the goods or services that make me feel like I have been treated well or above my expectations. I work hard for the money I give in a tip, so should the recipient of that money.

I'd say no.

But also wait staff should be paid Fed min, wage at least. That law needs to change because it's based on expected tips.

It is not class warfare it is a reality, I give a bonus/tip/present for the goods or services that make me feel like I have been treated well or above my expectations. I work hard for the money I give in a tip, so should the recipient of that money.

Sounds like you are getting a lap dance

I've always been opposed to the way tips work in this country. In my opinion it's asinine. Tipping should be a voluntary bonus the individual decides to give someone, not an expected or even mandatory part of the bill. When a restaurant can add gratuity to the bill without the customer having a say, it's not a tip. It's just part of the bill, so stop paying servers below minimum wage and let's stop making tips connected to the guilt of low wage servers.

If someone gives you great service, or you just like to tip, have at it! No one should feel obligated to tip, though, and that's the way it's currently set up.

What do you think about this?

Trump's 'Tip-Pooling' Plan Could Screw Your Bartender | HuffPost

Under federal regulations, employers can’t force workers to share their tips with managers or other employees who don’t normally work for gratuities. The tips have to stay among the tipped workers, such as bartenders, servers and barbacks. But the restaurant owner who occupies the White House wants to loosen the rules. Officials in Trump’s Labor Department have proposed eliminating the current regulation in a way that, in many situations, would give employers the leeway to do whatever they want with the tips.

Forum List

Back