What kind of knife do you carry?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I used to have a Buck 119 before I left for the service. I got a mediocre jack knife in tech school to cut strings off my uniform and stuff but I'm pretty sure it was lost in the move or I gave it to my roommate or something. It wasn't very memorable. What kind of knife do you use? Is it a practical tool or just something good to have for you?

old-timer-858-stockman.jpg

I used to have a Buck 119 before I left for the service. I got a mediocre jack knife in tech school to cut strings off my uniform and stuff but I'm pretty sure it was lost in the move or I gave it to my roommate or something. It wasn't very memorable. What kind of knife do you use? Is it a practical tool or just something good to have for you?
upload_2015-4-1_10-27-9.jpeg

My everyday carry is a leatherman.

When I'm going to be out in the woods for a while I also carry an Ontario Rat 5 on my hip

I sometimes wear a neck knife too I like the Izula.
51CCPPfo6HS._SY355_.jpg

WTT024-1.jpg

paracord-knife-wrap-1.png

generally a little Buck '303 m' stockman in my front right pocket and lately a DoukDouk Tiki in my right back pocket . Also have a new Case one hand opening liner lock , yellow in mild steel , about a 4 inch single blade with pocket clip and a nice knife !! I just buy knives , like them , have more than I'll ever need . I do use them but they are really just a little used necessity that I have carried all my life . Mostly just a tradition !!

I spend a lot of time in the wilds. I find that this is a better alternative than a knife.
tom.jpg

I don't go anywhere to need a knife. But in my van, which I have stocked of just about everything, I have one of these that I got at a yard sale:

JP3008.JPG

Actually, I have two of them out there. Both the same size but I don't remember the name of the other one. I figure they would come in handy for something...but no clue what. I have a mini sewing kit, matches, one of those Sweden backpack camp stoves, spare clothes, about 50 lighters, a big box of matches, pliers, jumper cables, etc etc etc. Its all in flat bins under the bed in back.

If you carry a knife, is the blade length longer than your own erect penis? :)

Forum List

Back