Time to Read Uncle Ted the Riot Act?

Originally posted by acludem
Bush was simply lucky that he didn't kill anyone while HE was out driving while crocked.

acludem

Yes, let's convict someone for a crime that 'could have' happened. :rolleyes:

Bottom line:
Ted Kennedy committed manslaughter and tried to cover it up.

Kennedy was Drunk when he had the accident in the late 1960s, Bush was an alcoholic who got a DWI in the early 1970s. Bush went AWOL from the National Guard and it appears he was a cocaine user. Ted has had some problems with prescription drugs.

acludem

There is a glaring difference between a DWI and vehicular manslaughter.

Proof on the cocaine charge?

Bush was not AWOL.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Acutally thats the new U.S. foreign policy.

So my question would be, if we had gone into Afganistan before 9-11 would you have been for or against that?

BTW- Bush was charged and convicted of the crime he DID commit. He paid the fine and never denied it.

Kennedy was Drunk when he had the accident in the late 1960s, Bush was an alcoholic who got a DWI in the early 1970s. Bush went AWOL from the National Guard and it appears he was a cocaine user. Ted has had some problems with prescription drugs. They sound pretty similar to me. They both come from wealthy New England families. They both have had to carry on legacies of famous families. Pretty similar.

acludem

Some parts yes. Two wealthy families whose lives are politics. Two families who strive to that their members become commander in cheif.
I think thats about it.

The Kennedys have a nice compound on Cape Cod - ever see it?
Its quite nice and they spend a lot of time there with various family members - its on the water. You know, they don't pay a lick of tax on that property? Wouldn't it benefit Hyannis, Mass as a whole if the Kennedys paid taxes on their fine property?

The case from the 1960s, one which Kennedy has apologized for numerous times, is constantly dragged up by Republicans who have nothing better to talk about.

Do you think you or I or Bush for that matter would have been able to get away with just apologizing.

Have you ever looked into the facts on this case. No offense intended but your comments make it seem like you are speaking froma position of ignorance.

Honestly, I know just a little about this case (it happened 20 years before I was born), I know that Kennedy was out with this lady and got drunk, had some sort of car accident in which the lady was killed and then didn't report it for some time afterward. I don't believe he was ever charged, and I don't honestly know why that decision was made. Please feel free to fill in any blanks if you want.

acludem

Honestly, I know just a little about this case (it happened 20 years before I was born), I know that Kennedy was out with this lady and got drunk, had some sort of car accident in which the lady was killed and then didn't report it for some time afterward. I don't believe he was ever charged, and I don't honestly know why that decision was made. Please feel free to fill in any blanks if you want.

acludem

Here is a link that details Senator Kennedy's activities on that fateful night. The most interesting part being that if he wasn't trying to cover his ass then she would not had died......

http://www.ytedk.com/chappindex.htm

acludem

Regardless, I wouldnt be so quick to defend the man if you really no nothing of what happened. It makes no difference if it happened twenty or fourty years before you were born. It is water under the bridge now - no pun intended but this is what happened.....

He was drunk. He plunged his car over the bridge with MJK inside. Ted escaped leaving the woman in the car to drown. He called his lawyer first - not the police - the police were called the following morning.
No, Ted was not a teenaged boy when he commited this act - he was in his mid thirties. His greatest worry was not the fact that he had commited manslaughter but that he would loose his senate seat.
Also note that at that time, Ted was married with three young children.

acludem

Here is a link that details Senator Kennedy's activities on that fateful night. The most interesting part being that if he wasn't trying to cover his ass then she would not had died......

http://www.ytedk.com/chappindex.htm

Forum List

Back